My Halifax "One" credit card charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first post in the Halifax forum... I'm about to send my LBA regarding £144 in charges, having (at the second or third attempt!) got their standard response. I should have pushed them sooner but I've had higher priorities unfortunately :(

Last May they decided to reduce my credit limit by £100, and of course they didn't notify me in advance because their T&Cs don't say they have to. Never mind outdated ideas like courtesy... "Coincidentally" I went over limit pretty soon after (due to an emergency cash withdrawal which Halifax allowed), for which I was charged. Etcetera etcetera.

I moved in October, within the same block of flats but a move all the same, and of course I notified Halifax. I didn't really notice that I hadn't received a statement until December, so I told them again. Then the postman actually did what I'd asked him and I got a letter about arrears, still addressed to the old flat. I told them yet again that I'd moved, and at the third time of asking they got the message. I reckon by not processing my change of address they have broken their own T&Cs:

2.2 We will send you a monthly statement ...
What they have done is send my statements to an empty property (!)

I attempted a month or two back, despite my A+L-induced problems, to make a substantial enough payment to get the balance within limit. Surprise surprise, a subtle change in the date they apparently apply their "overlimit" charge meant that I did not succeed...

Grrrr.

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

Halifax are a fun bunch. Their customer service is wonderful...NOT!!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks guys, I'm hoping for a relatively swift resolution to this - though obviously not holding my breath! :rolleyes:

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

• 4 weeks later...

I have a reply from Halifax, success! They have offered me £180 which is my £144 claim plus the 2 charges they stuck on last month plus another £12 that I may have missed somewhere :p

They have even apologised for twice failing to action my change of address.

Loz

Sound result, Loz. Congratulations

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thats brilliant. Well done :D

th_SmilingCongrats.gif

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .