Please help Excel parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, i have read through the stickies, but there is just so much information to take in:confused:

I parked at the rear of a charity shop whilst I went in to give them a lot of baby clothing. There is a sign stating no parking unless unloading etc. This is by Excel Parking Services

I knew the signs existed, but I have always parked there when dropping off at this particular charity shop.

I came back to my car about 20/25 minutes later to find a ticket on my windscreen for a fine of £40.

The ticket has my car details etc, but the ticket states that my car is green, when it is actually blue, also the fact I was dropping off at the shop which I thought would be classed as unloading, seeing as the clothes are taken around the rear of the shop.

I would like to know if I can challenge this, or should I just bite the bullet. I have read about the 'unknown driver' part, but is that really worth it

Any help very much appreciated

Steve

The ticket details are unimportant as its not a legal document. The choice over whether to pay or not is yours. You can either do nothing and ignore the letters that will follow or pay just to avoid the hassle and stress. I guess it depends on your attitude to the matter and how much £40 means to you. £40 is quite 'cheap' as far as these tickets go but at the end of the day its £40 you could spend on something else (or give to the charity shop).

To be honest £40 means something when I have a baby and a partner working part time:(

If I challenge it, will my 7 days limit still stand or will this be a case of dispute of debt? I'm not too sure how to go about it.

To be honest £40 means something when I have a baby and a partner working part time:(

If I challenge it, will my 7 days limit still stand or will this be a case of dispute of debt? I'm not too sure how to go about it.

Who knows?? They make the rules up as they go along!!

have spoken to the charity shop about this situation?

if you did spend 25mins there and did not go elsewhere then i think its unfair, but as with all privte parking co's , they have there own rules until someone challenges them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

snico4, don't pay, this is just what they expect, it's your money not theirs. They are just bullying crooks, go and read through the stickies again, it has all the information you need to derend yourself. A few people here also kicked Excel butt in the past, you are not alone.

Look at other threads as well. There are basically two aproaches to it, either go head first and state you position or wait till they come writing to you. Personally, I think let them do all the work, I'll just write cold but polite 'fob off' replies and see how long they are prepared spend chaising up the person I am representing.

I am proud to say I kicked Excels butts and they ended up sending me a cheque. Stick to your guns about unloading, play up the donating to charity bit, and be firm. Tell them to arrange the court case or stop harrassing you.

• 6 months later...

Hi, ita been a while since I first started this post.

Today I received my 'red' letter asking me for payment or they will issue court proceedings which my result in a warrant being issued to the bailiffs.

Should I reply to this letter, even though it is 7 months old?

In large letter on the back of the letter it says 'You have lost the right to appeal!'

I did not even appeal to them in the first place, should I pay this £100 or write them a letter?

Steve

• Haha 1

they will ignore the contents any letters you send and just take it as read that you are a potential payer (aka victim). you were unloading. just ignore them and let them waste more of their own time and effort. I would waste a stamp even to wind them up.

I dont intend paying it, I 'm just not sure whether I should write them a letter stating my opinon etc........or just ignore them completely. I do not want bailiffs knocking on my door in the future

send them the empty envelope with no stamp on, and cheque enclosed written on the back, as I was advised, then leave them to harrass you with letters and pretend debt collection, then take them to court for harrassment, these guys will help you.

have fun...pay nothing.... I paid them.....damn I wish I hadn't.....

I hate excel.

I dont intend paying it, I 'm just not sure whether I should write them a letter stating my opinon etc........or just ignore them completely. I do not want bailiffs knocking on my door in the future

bailiffs can only be sent after you have ignored a CCJ ordering you to pay someone, Excel will never be able to go that far.

send them the empty envelope with no stamp on, and cheque enclosed written on the back, as I was advised, then leave them to harrass you with letters and pretend debt collection, then take them to court for harrassment, these guys will help you.

have fun...pay nothing.... I paid them.....damn I wish I hadn't.....

I hate excel.

I do not recommend send an empty envelope like that - it would be misleading. But if you wrote "check enclosed" on it it would be merely an instruction :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Received a second letter today, the same as the previous red letter I received last week. It is starting to concern me a little now. I know people say just ignore them but not sure whether I can!

What is the best course of action after receiving a second letter? surely I cannot keep ignoring all of them?

If I am to contact them, which letter template should I use? there seems to be a lot of different one?

Steve

Because i'm a worrying type:(

Don't worry - be happy:).

Seriously if you don't feel comfortable about ignoring the letters then there are some excellent template letters in the stickies section of the forum.

This may be of comfort to you. Similiar case to yours.

Judge says Excel parking fines illegal - Mansfield Chad:-D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

I have received today a letter from a company called CCS Collect. The letter is dated 21st January 2009. I received the letter today 31st January 2009. The letter says:

We are instructed by EXCEL PARKING SERVICES LTD to collect the sum of £125 relating to a Parking Charge Notice issued in respect of vehicle registration **** ***

TAKE NOTICE therefor thet, if settlement of the above sum is not received in this ofice by 12 NOON on Thursday 29th January2009, our client may authorise us to prepare documents for the issue of County Court proceedings against you. We have no doubt that legal fees, costs and interest would be added to the debt, increasing substantially the ammount you must pay

We should also caution you that unsatisfied judgments are listed by Credit Reference Bueaux. This would undoubtfully create serious problems for you when making futre applications for credit including mortgages.

Only payment in full will dissuade our clients from taking further action.

This letter I have received has put myself and partner in a bit of stress. Firstly how am I supposed to pay something 2 days after the so called payment due date.

I only ever sent one letter to Excel when this first happend and they just said I lost the right to appeal. Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the letter as my hard drive failed on my old PC and I lost all data:(

What is the best course of action for me, I am slightly worried now and I certainly do not want to go to court and maybe get myself a CCJ.

I am seriously thinking about paying them to stop all this

Steve