Parking at McDonalds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lamma & Conniff.

Unfortuneately the photographic evidence also shows times of arrival and departure. I have never denied being there but did not see the signs and therefore could not have agreed to their terms and conditions.

I intend writing to the Debt Collector again telling him that the matter is still in dispute and to refer it back to his client.

What's the point in telling them again it is in dispute if that's what your previous letter already said?

Shouldn't you now simply advise them that, as per your previous letter, you are now considering it being referred under the Protection from Harassment Act? Or better still, ignore this and future letters and simply turn up at court (if it ever goes there) with as many letters they care to send you AFTER you had given them this advise and see how they justify to a judge continuing to write to you when they know it is in dispute with their original client?

Hi Lamma & Conniff.

Unfortuneately the photographic evidence also shows times of arrival and departure. I have never denied being there but did not see the signs and therefore could not have agreed to their terms and conditions.

I intend writing to the Debt Collector again telling him that the matter is still in dispute and to refer it back to his client.

This is how it usually works: They will not stop writing to you if you do not stop writing to them.

I think you've said enough and you should save your stamps and eat at Burger King in future.

1 before any bailiffs are employed there has to be a county court judgement in favour of the PPC ie a CCJ

2 before a CCJ is awarded the PPC has to prove to the court that there was a contract

3 any contract can only be with the person who parked the car ie the driver.The photographic evidence will simply show a car and a car cannot enter into a contract

4 the PPC will find the details of the registered owner from DVLA and write to them. however the registered owner is not necesarily the driver and is under no legal obligation to disclose who the driver is as it is not subject to the road traffic act.

5 reply to the PPC saying "Any ALLEGED contract is with the driver - contact him/her and do not write to me again.Any further communication will be regarded as harrassment which is a criminal offence."

Edited by dipperdonut
omission

Hi Legal Assistant.

Up to date position is as outlined in my message of 9th June UKPC have passed the matter on to debt collecting firm Elite Collections who have written twice to me, the second letter enclosing photographic evidence and threatening legal action if I don't pay up.

Exactly - what evidence?

To use the stock phrase:

"Mere evidence that a car registered to me was parked in your car park does not prove that it was the case that I parked it."

Not that you will say that now - ignoring completely is still the order of the day.

Have today received a further letter from Elite Collections. Quote As you have not responded to our previous letters we can only assume that you have no intention of making an effort to clear the sum outstanding.

Should you not contact us upon receipt of this letter, an OUTSIDE FIELD AGENT will be instructed to visit your address to discuss this matter further within 1 week. Unquote.

I certainly have no wish to have a debt collector banging on my door and this now appears to be a form of intimidation.

Any suggestions as to how I should now deal with this threat. Thanks

This is Elite Collections as opposed to Elite Collections International ?

they are on a loser. and they know it. It seems the 'home visit' is an increasing tactic - maybe forums like this one are reducing their collection rates.

they are putting their foot in it big time with this letter and if the actually visit both feet go in.

you can have some fun with this while making them waste more time and money !

scan you post of a snapshot of the complete letter (including all headers and footers) scrub out personal details of course.

Ignore it. It's another attempt to suck you in. Remember they've already twice given you 7 days warning of legal action and not gone through in either case.

In the highly unlikely event that anyone turns up, they have no power to do anything other than ask you for the money (well OK they shouldn't even do that since you've told them not to). You could perhaps prepare a letter and have it ready to hand to them that states:

"Leave my property and do not enter it again.

Do not contact me again.

I dispute that I owe your client any money. This is the second time I have told you this."

Give it to them stating "That'll save me a stamp - now leave my property and don't come back". Then shut the door and make yourself a well-earned cup of tea while they wonder off with their tale between their legs.

Elite Collections International is a real company -and therefor vulnerable.

there is no UK company called "Elite Collections" it is probably a figment of the PPC's imagination.

the strike back would differ in each case.

and threatened with a home visit I would strike back - but only after they have gone to time and expense of making a home visit.

seeing the scrubbed letter would help :)

Edited by lamma

Hi Lamma

My scanner is out of action but

the letter is headed elite collections but it is signed by Field Agent Department, Elite Collections International Ltd. and the footer is Elite Collections International Ltd.

you have a digital camera ? or a mobile phone with one ?

thanks for confirming the company name

really need to see all the text (apart from details which identify you).

Hi Lamma, This is an exact copy of the letter. elite

collections

Our Ref; CH/31819

Date: 13t June 2008

Re: UK Parking Control Ltd.

Amount Due: £135.00

Dear

As you have not responded to our previous letters, we can only assume that you have no intention of making an effort to clear the sum outstanding.

Should you not contact us upon receipt of this letter, an OUTSIDE FIELD AGENT will be instructed to visit your address to discuss this further within 1 week.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Cheques & Postal Orders payable to "Elite Collections

Debit/Credit cards via 020 8648 4200 or

Elite Collections International Limited - Fast & Efficient Debt Recovery

On line Banking/Direct Payment- Barclays Bank Plc- Account

No 80391530 Sort Code 20-96-89

Yours sincerely

Field Agent Department

Elite Collections International Ltd

Elite Collections Ltd.|Justin Plaza3| Ambassador Suite 4| 341 London Road| Mitcham| Surrey| CR4 4BE

Tel: +44(0)20 8648 4200| Fax +44(0) 20 8648 4202| [email protected]|http://www.elitecollections.net