Starting My Claim

LesleyDeacanjason
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

76rjk4re4

Hi,

I have just learned about your website from my dad. I have been crippled by bank charges from Hsbc for the last six years. In the last three months I have paid about £400. So I am going to take revenge on these money grabbers and demand it all back. I am going to send my letter today for the statements. Will Keep you posted. Wish Me Luck!!

:)

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hi,

Having read all the other posts, i decided that Lloyds and capital one are on my hit list as well. Has reply from lloyds, they refunded the £75 but closed the account. Nice. But HSBC are the main ones as i guess they owe me at least £4000. Still waiting for the reply about Data Discolosure.

The Little people are fighting back!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Well done. Can you start a seperate thread for your capital one claim when you start it please? It would help everyone.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a reply from HSBC about the data protection request, which they have agreed to send me statements to cover the last 6 years, and they wont be charging for them. Just need to wait for the whole lot to arrive and see how much i have paid. They are still charging me now. Last month i paid £160 pounds in charges. Which has left me overdrawn, and again, they will charge me next month for being overdrawn. Vicious circle.

Will keep you up to date as soon as i put the request for charges letter to HSBC.

Also can anybody let me know f they have had any luck with HSBC in the bedfordshire area?

Many thanks

TA TA

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hi everyone,

Got my statements from HSBC, and they have charged me £2621. This has only been in the last 2 years. Never had any charges previous to that. Got my statment through for this month and found they have charged me £270 pounds, and they are going to take another £125.00 on 1st of may. So i have added them on to the list.

The letter is being posted tonight. Going by hand. Or Do you think it would be better to be posted through royal mail? Not sure.

14 days for a respose, lets wait and see.

ta ta for now

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hi everyone,

Got my statements from HSBC, and they have charged me £2621. This has only been in the last 2 years. Never had any charges previous to that. Got my statment through for this month and found they have charged me £270 pounds, and they are going to take another £125.00 on 1st of may. So i have added them on to the list.

The letter is being posted tonight. Going by hand. Or Do you think it would be better to be posted through royal mail? Not sure.

14 days for a respose, lets wait and see.

ta ta for now

I think its better going in by hand and getting a recipt or something that you can use as proof that they have recieved the letter! Its quicker and more reliable than post

Hi

Thanks for that. I have hand posted it, and filmed it with my camera phone as proof. Which i noted on the back of the envelope.

When i saw how much they have charged me I got mad, so now they can face the concequences.

Will keep you updated with any responses.

Ta Ta For now.

x

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hi, After receiving an answer thanking me for my phonecall (That l never made) I received another letter offering me back £275.00 & not the orignal £485 and thats without the extra interest. So after reading forum notes I am now going to send which hopefully will be last letter advising them that altho I will except their offer I sahll be going to the small claims court for the balance plus the interest incurred with charges and also mention that the court will also add on interest. So wish me luck. I will keep you informed

Cheers

kathieathome:-?

Guest Lueeze

What are you claimnig in total? Just read your last post about £485 but another says over 2k?

Good Luck anyway

lou x

Hi Lueeze. Whoops got the 2k wronge. Bank owes me in charges£485.00 Interest £46.27. so big total of £531.27 which to me is a lot of dosh especially as its mine!!. Im writing them a another letter now telling them Iwill except their offer but will continue my claim for the balance plus the interest and if it goes to court l will get the extra interest as laid out by the court. I WILL get this back, its the being POSITIVE mode that will make it happen.

Cheers

Kathieathome:cool:

Hi

have had a letter back from HSBC, saying that they are not being unlawful, its all in the terms and conditions. They advise me to contact the Financial Ombusman, as this is there final respose to the matter.

Well, Off to court we go. I am sending the second letter about court action, and we shall take it from there. £2621 is alot of money, which they are happy to take, even when i am skint!!!!

I shall try to scan a copy of the letter from your records. Will let you know what respose i get to the second letter.

Ta Ta for now

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Ive been trying for months now to help my partner out of dept caused by Lloyd's tsb, a few months ago he went £10 over drawn and because he was on benefits at the time he could not pay it then the interest came on all together it rounded up to £350, we managed to pay that off in one lump sum then a few days latter he had about £200 charges back on his account, now 2 months later the bank have taken a further £200 leaving him £400 in debt.

reading some of your posts have helped me a bit, i have an appointment at the local citizens advice to try and sort out this mess, but any thing you could tell me would be helpful and well appreciated. i don't even no what the first step is :(

Ive been trying for months now to help my partner out of dept caused by Lloyd's tsb, a few months ago he went £10 over drawn and because he was on benefits at the time he could not pay it then the interest came on all together it rounded up to £350, we managed to pay that off in one lump sum then a few days latter he had about £200 charges back on his account, now 2 months later the bank have taken a further £200 leaving him £400 in debt.

reading some of your posts have helped me a bit, i have an appointment at the local citizens advice to try and sort out this mess, but any thing you could tell me would be helpful and well appreciated. i don't even no what the first step is :(

I would check with the C A B first because i am sure that they cannot take your benefit money. then 1 would start the process of court proceedings. Dont be frightened of them.

I have had HSBC trying to be A** Holes because of my letters, they are returning direct debits as much as they can. And charging me £30 per time. Final letter is going into the bank today. I will take them to court because they have made my life hell.

PAY BACK IS A B*TCH

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hello,

I am now 7 days from filing with the court. Ever since I sent the first letter HSBC have come down on me like a ton of bricks. They keep returning stuff and charging me out od Badness. One direct debit they returned 15 mins before money was paid in. Now they are sending me letters saying that If i was in financial difficulty i should have rang them. WHICH I DID!!!!!!!! when it all first started. The are now saying that if i dont sort everything out they are going to close the account. Is this just their way of getting back at me for threatening court? Also the amount on the letters doesnt include what they have charged me this week, can I claim for this? or should I just say to them, I will pay you what is owed on the overdraft less the bank charges? I have opened another account with Barclays, and i am not paying any more money into HSBC. What can I do?

Please help.

Ta Much

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Hi

Can someone help me? I am about to file for court but i was wondering about how the settlements are paid. I have just opened a new account with Barclays bank and do not want the money to be paid into my HSBC account. Can i ask them to send me a cheque made payable to me, or does it have to go into the bank?

Help!?

Many thanks

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Guest Lueeze

Well we are not in complete agreement on this.

Some people have been paid by Cheque, some by wire into their accounts.

If you owe money, then they may choose to write off the debt with the money, but you could argue that it is up to you how it is spent.

I believe that as long as the bank pay the debt you cannot take them to court, and it doesn't matter how they have paid, as long as they have!

You can ask once they offer to pay you back.

Check out some other peoples HSBC threads that might help?

WOOHOO!!

Filed for court on 15th May, got a letter from court with acknowledgement on 18th May, settlement letter on th 19th MAY. They will pay £3594 without admitting liability.

I have suceeded. I have opened another account with barclays and i am free from hsbc. Just got to wait for the cheque.

Fantastic

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Well done on getting back whats yours from the Multi National!

I am about to take the first step in my claim. Just finished typing up a Request for repaymet of charges letter to our friends at the Halifax. Managed to dig up a years worth of charges from May 2005 - Present, in total £1869.

Would be great if someone could give advice on the full process after this point.:???:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks