Jump to content

Hi ive just joined.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have found this site as i was searching google for some help regarding an old TSB account, it was a credit card acc that i ran up a 3 thousand pound bill. i dont have the statements as i had a house fire and they where destroyed, i called TSB and wrote to them as i wanted to make a claim for unfair charges they said i needed the acc number and sort code. They no i dont have them this is an old acc maybe 3 yrs old im still paying a very small amount back once a month, please help me as i want to make a claim but dont no how to get my statements off micro film. sorry its a long message.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome, MRWHAM.


I'm sure they have to keep your data for 6 years.


Send TSB a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).....




I think your name and the address when you had the account and your new address would be enough. The data protection act refers to you, your name and address not necessarily an account number. In any event I'm sure they can search their data base on several parameters not just the account number.


Start your own thread in the Forum Linked below.....




Keep your thread updated, and you will get help when you require it.


Also have a look at this.......









Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are paying monthly payments, then the details must be still active. How do you pay this?


You can get your account details by getting copies of id, such as recent bills, your passport or driving license. Take them into your local branch, and they should be able to help you. Failing that you can send to the head office. Recorded post.



F&Q's... Read here



Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here


Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i pay to the debt colletors who have no details that i would need to make a claim. im lost i did write to head office who said they needed sort code acc number.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,:)


the above advice is all correct.


It seems the bank are, as usual, just trying to be obstructive because they know where this is heading ie a reclaim of unlawful charges.:mad:


Each bank branch has their own unique sort code. Pop into the branch and ask them for it and details of the account. Your old statements of your current account will also show the details of each payment towards the card.:)


Hope this helps, keep us posted


Good luck, Kenny

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.


Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-




Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:



[email protected].




Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...