tal

tal vs Egg............

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4117 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After getting all my money back from mbna, now its Egg!

I sent the SARS request and got back a little booklet, that i have to fill in, send £10 and a bank statement to prove i am the owner of the card, is this the correct procedure

Yes a SAR costs £10 and they can ask proof of identity before sending any personal data.

Good luck :)

It said £5 on the form that came, just for basic list of charges and fees, thats what I sent a chque for

The statutory fee for a SAR is £10 (if they had any decency, they would refund your £5 - wait and see, but don't hold your breath)

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Good luck, fella. I have a case going on at the moment...just received a letter after my LBA saying they're not paying...so on we go!

;)

Got my statements today (sent £5 cheque)

Quick question can I reclaim merchandise interest as shown on the statements?

Hi, tal.

No, don't think you can claim back the Merchandise Interest.:(

Unpaid D/D and Overlimit charges are the 'stick outs'.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

isn't the Merchandise Interest classed as a charge though?

Don't think so, I had a scout about other threads and it seems it's not re-claimable. (I could be wrong):D

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Tal does have a wider point for debate here. You get charged interest on your balance, so if part of that balance is for unfair charges then some of the interest could be naturally argued as unfair, obviously this would be complicated to calculate because you have interest on the interest and so on but the financial institutions do it !!!!!!

Just a thought

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Mercantile interest is interest on the card balance (usually purchases) - you can claim back the proportion attributable to charges - see my interest tutorial

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

dont fully understand, are you saying i can claim the merchandise interest as well and add 8%

Mercantile interest is interest on the card balance (usually purchases) - you can claim back the proportion attributable to charges - see my interest tutorial

Yes, you can claim mercantile (or credit) interst on the charges (after all, that's what you have paid them) and then 8% on top of both

Steven

My Wins

Steve, my statements show 'merchandise interest' - this is o.k to reclaim?

i'm working out the fees and the mechandise interest add them up and then add 8% and send a request for payment letter to egg, which address do you send the letter to?

Sorry, that's what I meant - only just got up :)

Steven

My Wins

I put all the charges into a spreadsheet and worked out the totals with and without the 8% interest

Which template letter do I use that you recommend and which address do I send it to?

I don't want egg to refund the charges into my account, but send me a cheque instead so i can cash that into another bank, how do i put this request into a template letter?

Hi tal

Here is the link for tamplate letter and address to send it to

Credit/Store Card Letter Template (thanks Bookworm01036)

The Customer Relations Office

Egg Plc

Riverside Road

Pride park

Derby

DE 99 3GG

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

HI **Tilly**:)

How do i say in the letter that I want the refund to be paid to me via cheque?

They normally just refund into your account, i dont want that to happen, but would like a chque payment instead

I won againt MBN with everyones help on this awesome forum and hope I can repeat it again with egg

Just got back a letter today from Egg saying "you have applied more than the default charges applied to your account"............etc

I also included the merchandise interest on the amount which i was being charged each month, am i o.k to send a LBA?

This is irrelevant (of thtey are going to say that) - just press on

Steven

My Wins

Egg rejected my claim on the basis I was claiming more than the actual fees - late fee, missed payment....etc

i included - merchandise interest, credit card protector charges in as well

Egg letter was basically an 'up yours' type of letter at least MBNA was better

I'm sending in the LBA, do you think it will go to court on the basis of i also claiming merchandise interest, credit card protector charges in as well

IMO they won't go to court. They are just trying to find a 'problem' to make you give up. You are perfectly entitled to merchandise interst charged on the charges.

Steven

My Wins

Steve, my statements show 'merchandise interest' - this is o.k to reclaim?

i'm working out the fees and the mechandise interest

Can't remember the exact narrative Egg prints against monthly debit interest. If there were only one figure called "merchandise interest" or "mercantile interest" on the monthly statement then it is likely to be the sum of interest accrued on purchases, unlawful charges, and previous interest on unlawful charges.

Has Tal tried to reclaim interest lawfully accrued on purchases? On top of that Tal appears to have reclaimed "Credit Card Protector Charges". Is that Sentinel card loss insurance, or reclaiming PPI monthly payments without ever disputing his alleged subscription to Payment Protection Insurance?

If that were the case, then far from shying away, Egg barristers are likely to be licking their lips raring for a court hearing to inflict the second ever defeat on a CAG Egg claimant.

Edited by Mistermind
verbatim quote

I am assuming that tal has apportioned the merchandise interest between charges and purchases. (I am sure we have discusses this - see my interest tutorial).

If not, what MM says is true.

Steven

My Wins

besides the default charges - unpaid direct debit, over limit fee and late fee, i have also included

1. credit card repayment protector costs each month as shown on statements

2. merchandise interest for evey month as shown on the statements

do i claim the above now or at later stage, as egg are saying i've included more than the default charges, so what do i do?