£11,000 just refunded :)

angryfromSW7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is hope. Thanks to support from groups like this I have just had unfair bank interest charges of £11,000 refunded to me by Barclays. I had been charged an extortionate 29% interest on an overdraft for over a year. I followed a formal procedure by making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Over a period of months this pressure had a big influence in pressuring Barclays to offer settlement. Thanks to websites like this I was able to summon psychological courage to fight the bank. The work of all the volunteers on this site is invaluable - a big thank you to all your advice and help. To all those still fighting - keep up the pressure. Examples like mine show that perserverance does pay off.

Hi

I assume this is for your business account. Many congratulations.

The FOS seem to be having some success with reclaims on business accounts recently.

I am very pleased for you. Can you confirm if this is a full reclaim for all charges please.

Good luck and enjoy the win!!

Yes it was a business account.

it was for all outstanding charges on the account.

needless to say they said they don't want me as a customer any more and are closing all my accounts forthwith - nice

Well done angryfromSW7 :)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi SW7,

A great result for you - congratulations:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

There is hope. Thanks to support from groups like this I have just had unfair bank interest charges of £11,000 refunded to me by Barclays. I had been charged an extortionate 29% interest on an overdraft for over a year. I followed a formal procedure by making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Over a period of months this pressure had a big influence in pressuring Barclays to offer settlement. Thanks to websites like this I was able to summon psychological courage to fight the bank. The work of all the volunteers on this site is invaluable - a big thank you to all your advice and help. To all those still fighting - keep up the pressure. Examples like mine show that perserverance does pay off.

29% is crippling and led to £11,000 in interest! That is sooo wrong!:mad:

If there are other unlawful charges on the account, let us know and we will help you with them.

CAG will continue to campaign on charges and other practices which are unlawful or unfair, by any organisation which impacts on consumers.

The great thing about CAG is people like you who do not take it sitting down and the support from all members gives incredible power. You must be feeling really good- enjoy the feeling, and carry that forward in your future dealings with the banks and others!!

Best of luck to you and once again, congratulations.

Regards, Kenny:D

Well done....:D:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi, VERY WELL DONE & thanks for posting your success story for us all to be inspired by. I am just about to start reclaiming business charges for my Barclays account. I wondered if there is a different format for the DSAR request as opposed to the standard request?

By the way, how long did your process take from start to finish? Thanks

Papadak,

I have posted a reply to you on your thread in this forum.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)