Michelle v HSBC

shell_lou79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you want to start a new thread in the HSBC question where you will get all the help and support you need.

Just a quick check though... have you followed the procedure outlined in this site? Did you send letters recorded delivery? How much are you claiming?

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

I read and re-read countless times all the info on the site. I followed the directions, send recorded delivery and am claiming £1852 for 2 years charges. Sorry didn't realise there was a specific place to post I look after my 10 month old twins all day so my brain has gone to mush a bit lol

In that case.. if you have followed the steps then you have nothing to worry about! If the 14 days is up then you may need to take court action to get back your bank charges but this is not as intimidating as it sounds.

As mentioned, if you find the HSBC forum on the main page, you will find a lot more people in the same situation as you.

Good luck :)

• Confused 1

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

I have only banked with HSBC for just over 2 years and during this time I felt their charges, totalling almost £1900, were unfair to say the least but had no idea they were unlawful. Sat eating my toast watching GMTV I heard them talking about people reclaiming charges so I of course turned up the volume.

The advice given was fairly basic but after spending a few days readind anything and everything on this site I decided to go for it.

I sent my prelim 3 weeks ago recorded delivery and today sent them the LBA. I waited 3 weeks as I felt it would give them 15 clear working days to respond. Why I did this though when they ring me on weekends, bank holidays and in the evening asking me to pay money in to cover charges they are about to take is beyond me.

They haven't even had the decency to send me a message via internet banking. I must admit though I am a little scared by the prospect of potentially having to go to court but i guess at the end of the day what they have done is against the law and you wouldn't think twice about taking someone to court that had stolen your purse would you?!

dont panic, people are here to help you, if you need reassurance , come here and get it, dont be scared about going to court, for one thing no-one from hsbc has gone to court yet , but secondly, YOU are in the right and the bank knows this, you have them by their tail, and they want to escape, they will try and fob you off , and tell you, that you cant win, dont listen to them, stick to your timetable, and follow the steps, and you'll get your money :)

• Confused 2

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

:) Hi Michelle, looks like we are both starting our campaigns together ( albeit you are slightly ahead of me having sent in your first letter). I shall look out to see how you get on and i am happy to share my journey with you as well.

It's a little bit daunting I thought although once I'd sent my first letter I couldn't help but feel pleased with myself. Please do keep me informed as to the stage of your claim as I will with you

:confused: Hi folks, can i double check something before i commit pen to paper- i have gone through my statements over past 5 years ( still a few to track down) and i have a list of 'charges'. Now some are marked as charges for returned direct debits, uncleared cheques; others are the monthly 'bank services' which range between 54, 72, and 125 per month related to my overdraft. The overall total thus far is 2253. can i just get some clarity - am i claiming for all of this or just those items labelled as 'charge' for failed cheques, unpaid direct debits etc?

thanks

just to clarify total charges is for o/d exceeding and is charged per day they add all these up at the end of the month, and are seperate from other charges

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

I got all my copy statments from online banking and sent a prelim letter to my bank with a schedule of charges attached for their information. After waiting 3 weeks to ensure they had 14 clear working days to deal with my letter I hadn't heard anything so I then sent the LBA again attaching the charges sheet. Today I received a letter from them which reads :

Thank you for your request with regard to information about charges and fees on your account for the last 6 years and please accept our aplologies for the delay in our response.

We note you do not want copy statements, however this is the only format in which the bank holds the information you require. For this reason duplicate statements have been ordered on all your accounts, including your credit card.

Yours blah blah

Firstly is this just a standard letter? My reason for thinking this is I have only held the account for just over 2 years and I don't have a credit card.

What do I do now I'm really confused. :confused:

i requested my statements through online banking, they sent me the exact same letter as you, and i dont have a credit card with them either, this is just s standard letter im sure, if i were you i would just ignore this letter and stick to your timetable

i received a letter a few days later saying that they had looked into my case......not unlawful.....terms and conditions etc etc. also said that i had not quantified my claim with a list of charges (no because i had just requested my statements and stated my intention) they said they could not prepare my claim fo rme and would take no further action.

have recieved my statements and calculated £610 charges, not including interest as i cant be bothered to work out how much of it was me going over my od and how much was their charges making me go over my od.

anyway,im sending my prelim soon, hope to do it by email, check out my post if you think you can help me:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/16923-need-some-guidance.html

Just want to mention this is exactly what I received. A few weeks later I received about 30 envelopes with the statements for the last 6 years!!!! Yikes!!!

I am now in the process of entering it into Microsoft Money as well as working what the charges they have added

So, yeah, you will receive your statements. Personally think this is to scare people off. I am going to work the charges out myself and send my 2nd letter

Thanks

I am so confused :confused: I got all my statments from my online banking facility worked out all the charges and sent the prelim and schedule of charges recorded delivery. After 3 weeks I heard nothing so I sent the LBA again rec del. The following day I got a letter in the post saying the only way they can give me info on charges is via my statements which they would duly send me. I received all of these in the post today but am unsure what to do as I have already worked out my charges and sent 2 letters. They have a week left before the LBA deadline is reached. HELP!!

It looks likes letters are crossing in the post

From your post you have all your statements

1.You sent prelimary request for refund

2.After 14 days you send LBA

If sent recorded delivery have they been signed for?

I would continue with you deadlines and issue proceeding if they have not responded in a timely manner as you have already given them 28 days

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Three threads merged - please stick to one thread!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.