Is this classed as criminal damage?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is anything i can do with regard to my neighbour removing a goal post from my garden?.

We live in a council semi and at the moment the garden is open plan,but the council have been out to start work erecting a fence at my request,because the new neighbours have small children,and i have older grandchildren who like to play football,and it is safer for kids if there is a fence.The neighbours agreed to a fence being erected.

About 2 yrs ago,we put up a goal post in the garden,even though it was on our side,we checked with neighbours first to be courtious,they agreed and even helped us put it up,it was cemented in.

Now that the council have been out and started to erect fence,neighbour has complained and had work halted because he thinks hes not getting enough garden,even though the council man decided where fence should go,not me!!.

Consequently,i came home last night to find that he has dug up my goalpost,without my permission or even a discussion,which obviously infuriated me somewhat!,so my question is,has he committed any kind of offence by digging up and taking down the post?

Any help would be much appreciated,and apologies for the long post:)

How is the garden divided up? Do you have the piece directly in front of your house or to you encroach in front of your neighbours?

Where about where the goal posts?

I am wondering if the goal posts are now on the land to be allocated to the neighbours then I have been told by a friend in our local council that the neighbour is within their rights to remove the posts.

If it is on land allocated to op then it is criminal damage.

if you are council tenants its their land not yours.

they decided what goes where.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But they (the council) didn't remove the goalpost, the neighbour did . . .

. . . and if it was on land allocated to Jadzia as his/her (sorry don't know) garden by the council, the neighbour has acted illegaly, and it's not only criminal damage, it's also theft.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

I spoke to my friend in the council again and she still says he is within his right to remove the post if it is on land allocated to him. He must give it back to you though or it is theft.

My friend also said that your council should have a department to contact that deals with neighbour disputes. This will be a lot cheaper than going down the court route. She advises talking to the neighbour first to try and sort this out amicably. :)

Wino,

Jadzia stated in the original post that the goalpost was on his/her side of the garden, not the neighbours.

Sorry being a bit thick. I read it as being in the communual garden. Re read it and your right.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

We have been in contact with the council and they are looking into the issue with the fence,the council man did say that as far as he could tell,the goalpost was clearly on my side of the garden and that i am well within my rights to put it back up!!,although for the moment ive decided not to,i dont want a war with the neighbours(although they seem to have other ideas!!),as soon as the council sort out the fence i will re erect it.

As for discussing amicably with the neighbours,i think the fact that he waited til i went out to dig it up,and made no attempt to discuss it with me whatsoever,is a pretty good indication that he is not a reasonable man!!,but thanks anyway:)