Letter received by Aktiv Kapital - Call serve

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone give some advice?

I have just received a letter from Call serve (re: Aktiv Kapital), demanding payment of £559.10.

You now know as much as me.

There was no details of whom this debt is owed to, when it was supposed to be from, nothing.

I did have a small business that I closed in 2000, but to be honest I don't know if I owed any money to anyone or not, I can't remember owing that ammount of money.

Certainly since that time I have accumulated some debt, but only normal stuff (credit card, TV on H.P. etc), but they get paid every month.

What direction do I take this? What is my first step? Do I just ignore it?

Please help!

Hi and welcome to CAG

If you dont know what the debt is for then send them a letter asking for proof of the debt as the onus is on them to prove the debt is owed not on you to prove you dont.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

Hope that helps

Saint

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I have recieved another letter from Call serve demanding payment, otherwise they will send a debt collector or take the matter to county court.

I sent the above letter to them (which was recieved and signed for), but they are obviously ignoring it.

The letter goes on to say that I should make an arrangment for settlement, and then send back the entire letter.

Can anyone advise the next step to take.

Cheers