• Tweets

• sounds pretty typical. scan everything up to ONE multipage PDf please follow upload we dont need any statements. dx  
    • Participants can get £50 - but must permanently consent to the retailer using their personal data.View the full article
    • Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pugsley v Fashion World /JD Williams

pugsley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent a cca off to Debt Managers Ltd got a reply saying they had closed their file and are returning it to JD Williams, that's one of my back, but probably not long before they pass it to another firm.:p

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

I have been dealing with Reliable collections regarding a viva la diva account (J D Williams company) Value of goods £170. I made £12 monthly payments but then missed a couple or was late and every time they would add on £12 admin fee. Account balance is now £315 due to this. I have sent cca request. Letter back saying they did not have one and agreed they could not enforce payment. Since then I have been getting letters every 4 weeks adding on the £12 admin fee. I have written recorded delivery several times saying that account is in dispute but they just seem to ignore letters. What will I do now?? please help

I have been dealing with Reliable collections regarding a viva la diva account (J D Williams company) Value of goods £170. I made £12 monthly payments but then missed a couple or was late and every time they would add on £12 admin fee. Account balance is now £315 due to this. I have sent cca request. Letter back saying they did not have one and agreed they could not enforce payment. Since then I have been getting letters every 4 weeks adding on the £12 admin fee. I have written recorded delivery several times saying that account is in dispute but they just seem to ignore letters. What will I do now?? please help

Hi below is copy of letter I sent to Littlewoods just remove the bits about default and amend to your requirements.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Catalogue accounts XXXXXX and XXXXXX

08 November 2007.

I have written to you on numerous occasions regarding the above accounts. In your letter of 10th August 2007 you finally admitted that you could not produce any agreements for the above accounts and would not be pursuing the alleged debt.

I was at that time happy to accept your statement, but I now find that you have NOT abided by your statement, two months after your letter you have applied two defaults to my credit reference file with Experian. You have also continued to provide third parties with allegations that I am in breach of my obligations under the Credit Agreement for the Account, despite the fact that I cannot be in breach of any obligations where no agreement exists.

Please note that both defaults are incorrect in that I stopped my claim for refund of charges, PPI and interest applied to those on the understanding that you would not pursue the debt. Therefore the amount that you have registered on the default is incorrect if this is not rectified I will report this to the Information Commissioner’s Office.

I have now started to receive phone calls and letters from iQor recovery services for the above account, I have since written to them enclosing a copy of your 10th August letter. So again I find that you have not abided by your statement that you would not pursue this debt.

As previously advised, whilst a creditor is in default of sections 77-79 of the CCA 1974, it may not enforce, pursue or increase any alleged indebtedness until such time as it does comply. If you remain in default for more than 30 days, you will have committed an offence under this act.

It is my belief that you have now committed an offence under sections 77-79 of the CCA 1974 in that you have continued to pursue this account. You have also in my opinion breached a number of sections and principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 in placing default of my credit record while you are in default yourself of sections 77-79 of the CCA 1974. I have enclosed an excerpt from the CCA1974 Act;

172 Statements by creditor or owner to be binding

(1) A statement by a creditor or owner is binding on him if given under—

section 77(1),

section 78(1),

section 79(1),

It is my opinion that you should, in accordance with section 14(1) of the DPA 1998, cease processing all data in my name that is held by yourselves. Further I now require you to erase and destroy all data in respect of myself. Also that in accordance with section 14(3) of the DPA 1998, that you notify all third parties (to whom the data has been disclosed) instructing them to rectify, remove and erase any and all data (including adverse credit history markers) regarding me as the data subject.

Please be advised that if you do not respond positively and satisfactorily within 14 days of the receipt of this letter, sent special delivery-recorded, I will issue you with a final letter before County Court action, giving you a further 14 days to respond in full.

Failure to respond satisfactorily will result in my submitting a claim for defamation, libel, breach of Data Protection principles and regulations, along with damages and costs, and seek an order for any/all data disclosed and recorded (including records supplied to Credit Reference Agencies) by you to be immediately withdrawn and removed.

Yours faithfully,

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that. Sent them the letter above and today got another letter saying that they will not tolerate the way that I am handeling this debt and they may have to look at other ways to collect, after saying that as they had no agreement they would not persue the debt and also added on another £12 charge. The goods ordered were only £150 and i have paid them more than this but this is all charges that they have added. What will I do now. They seem to totally ignore all corresspondence although sent recorded delivery.

Thanks for that. Sent them the letter above and today got another letter saying that they will not tolerate the way that I am handeling this debt and they may have to look at other ways to collect, after saying that as they had no agreement they would not persue the debt and also added on another £12 charge. The goods ordered were only £150 and i have paid them more than this but this is all charges that they have added. What will I do now. They seem to totally ignore all corresspondence although sent recorded delivery.

Hi this is very much the same way they treated me check the link in my post above I ended up taking them to court and they had to settle out of court and return £640 in charges and interest they had applied to the account, though unlike some they did not apply a default to my wifes account.

all the best dpick:)

• 4 weeks later...

bump

letter received will update tomorrow as I just lost all what I typed and have decided to scan it in

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

• 2 weeks later...
bump

letter received will update tomorrow as I just lost all what I typed and have decided to scan it in

WHEN YOU Spend a long time typing a reply to this thread always highlight and copy the text before you attempt to post to the thread ..... better safe than sorry just in case you are timed out

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

lol I was highlighting it and that is how I lost it, I was trying to be safe rather than sorry and that is what got me into this mess:D

I will scan my credit agreements in as soon as my daughter lets me near the computer

been trying to find some information on the distance selling regs as this was taken out in early may just after they came into force

I have looked through what they have sent me ( a credit agreement under the distance selling rules) and noticed they say I opened my account in May (no specific date) 2005, now the distance selling rules only came into force 07/05/2005 and the first transaction I can find (from the printout they sent me)is a post and packing change dated 09/05/2005.

They usually do not put post and packing charges onto until a bit later so I think this was probably opened in late April 2005 or very early May.

It seems they are trying to pull a fast one as the credit agreement I found is under cca 1974 and does not mention distance selling or cancellation etc.

I have decided to send off SAR to get the date this account was actually opened as this is important