• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELPWhy has CAG suddenly started looking like this on my computer? It also takes around 2 minutes for a page to load.whatsgoingon2-1.jpgwhatsgoingon-1.jpgAll other websites I visit work fine, even the home page to CAG, is just the forums which dont seem to be functioning properly. Cant work it out as it works fine on my computer at home (its on my work computer that it doesnt work)cheers skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

I get the same thing if I try to access from work, it's being looked into.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest louis wu

I sometimes get odd looking pages, from home and work, the generally have text only and limited colours.

I exit and log on again and it usually goes away, but can't give an explanation why it happens.

louis

It's weird, your top line says: [thread title] - the consumer forums - windows internet explorer - administrator

Mine doesn't say "administrator". :-?

Well you're not using skb's PC are you? :confused:

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No, but I have never noticed something like that before (not that I spend a great deal of time watching top bars, you understand)... Is that what happens when there's multiple accounts on one PC then?

Not necessarily, but the title bar can show all kinds of stuff. At work, mine says "Internet Explorer provided by..." followed by the company I work for.

Back when web browsers used to be provided by your ISP rather than as a standard setup it would say (for example) "Internet Explorer provided by Freeserve".

Basically it can say pretty much anything.

It's weird, your top line says: [thread title] - the consumer forums - windows internet explorer - administrator

Mine doesn't say "administrator". :-?

Its because at work there are different levels of internet access. Administrative access allows me to download software and do various other things the lowly plebs cannot do skbanother smilies dont work for me either but now only takes bout 30 seconds for a page to load which is an improvement. Was getting worried that I might have to actually do some work

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

Last weekend we moved the majority of the static forum contents (images, css, javascript) onto a separate image server, to improve performance.

Originally the static content server was on 82/tcp, but due to some people/networks blocking outbound traffic to this port, we moved it to 443/tcp, which should be permitted since it's used for HTTPS.

It was yesterday that I made the change, so if you're still having problems, you might want to purge your temporary internet files, just to make sure you aren't used (for example) a cached css file containing the old images.consumeractiongroup.co.uk:82/ URLs. If you take a peek at the HTML source, you should see that most static content is being references as ....co.uk:443 now, not :82

Cheers WebbyHave tried your suggestion and checked that temp files is empty and still no joy. Have looked at the source code and is using :443. Is there anything else I can try???cheers skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Have now tried most URLs off this page and none other than smilies seem to work. Basically I get a Network Access Message - Page cannot be displayed.As a sample none of the below work. Sorry if they're not separated or there are no paragraphs etc as that seems to be another problem im having, enter doesn't seem to work.

http://images.consumeractiongroup.co.uk:443/forum/cf.gif

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk:443/forum/images/misc/title.jpg

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk:443/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

http://images.consumeractiongroup.co.uk:443/forum/cf.gif

http://images.consumeractiongroup.co.uk:443/images/lp_tiny.jpg

Smilies like this work

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Very confusing

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Yep, amazon works fine. You mentioned earlier something about moving from 82/tcp to 443/tcp, I dont know what these are really but might it be possible my computer isnt allowing access or whatever through the 443/tcp port and is there a way I can check or set it up to do this or am I talking b*llocks?cheers skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Under the advanced tab of my internet options under security the use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are ticked if that helps any?? The use TLS 1.0 isnt tickedskb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

443/tcp is the port used by HTTPS, so if you can access things like https://whatever.com, 443 isn't being filtered. In which case, our image server on 443 should be fine (even though it doesn't use SSL) ... that doesn't seem to be the case for you though.

Is this on a work network? (as oppose to your home PC)

Yes its on a work network. However i've been using it at work with no problems for the last 2 years. It last worked properly on the day before good friday, I then took the following week off work and when I got back on Monday (31st march) it started playing silly buggers. So basically something has happened within that time frame, and judging by what you said in post 12 I think its fair to say it is somehow related to that.

Im at home now with an alcoholic drink so cant try anything else until Monday.

Cheers for all your help so far

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

All seems to be working fine now. HAve no idea what has been changed to make it so. Hope urs is sorted now too PD

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!