• Tweets

• Hi, no i did not or ever work in credit collection or at lowells. I had investor funds that buy these debt portfolios, lowells does the collection ie workouts for investors. See the  8% interest.? Investors buy these receivables to collect 8% v current rates. .they also securitise them for fixed income. V profitable.  I learned the ropes in the us during financial crises. Got burned by deutsche bank. Sued deutsche. Im used to us litigation. Lost all my money which explains not having £300.  so i dont understand the forms or process in Uk. help me out. 1. Claim form plus defense form, admittance form  all in 1. Box 3 on form fill in. This is filing your defence correct? 2. I have to wait for lowell to send a response ie their witness statement, with evidence supporting thier claim. Correct? Is this attached to a court form if any? If yes whats the form number? 3. I assume i respond to each  point in their witness state with a rebuttal. Is there a form attached? How does this get filed with the court?  I never understood using a form for claim or responses. Us uses pleadings, and responses, no forms. This forum hugely helpful, but im not there yet. also dont understand strategy for timing of fillings. If you can explain process i n follow along.  Also, you are saying, i was still with BT on oct 22 in default. 8 days later lowell bought debt. Impossible! They claim default a year later when i didn't live in the property. I think this is about right. What evidence do i need to gather?   kr escaped  
    • I'm just going to build up slowly, and have been.  Got a big old freezer so have been filling that up gradually.  I think it's not because of actual shortages, but rather panic buying that will cause problems, especially bread which ironically is all produced in the UK.   As for Trump, just got to expect that crap from him I guess, no trade deals will be happening anyway if the Good Friday agreement is put at risk.  Besides,what Boris Johnson is suggesting about no backstop and no hard border is even crazier than anything that Trump has ever said or done.   Tories are trying to destroy, and there is no plan for what comes next, there will be a terrible day of reckoning for the them at some point that will make Tony Blair's 1997 victory look like chicken feed. Sadly that won't be until the country has been ruined.          
    • @London1971 yes take precautions, and the full tank of fuel isn't a bad idea, the Legacy media are fomenting panic, so buying in a couple of essentials  extra with the shop rather than a panic stockpile should be OK.  Next one to circulate?  Could be Trump wants to buy the UK as Denmark won't sell him Greenland.  Mind you that UK/US Trade deal might do that in all but name.
    • Hi Jamberson..thanks for the advice. I agree multiple signs may annoy the local residents. I still believe that the signage was not clearly available on the day and it is down to the LA to ensure those signs are clearly displayed.Ironic that a week later all those bushes and foliage had been cut right back. If the LA deemed the signage was displayed correctly in the first place why cut back that foliage later on that week? That is what I am basing my argument on. Anyway I am at the NTO stage now and have submitted that reason for not paying the original fine. Let's see how that goes. I have 56 days. Reading through the forums I can see that other LA's have failed to comply with the 56 day timeline and consequently had to quash the fine due to  procedural impropriety...
    • What is the advice, pitfalls to be aware of if I try settle this privately or direct with his insurer?
  • Our picks

hibbiejim

homeless ppi and rbos

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4157 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello there. well im going to court next week and i could do with some guidance. i took an RBoS loan out in 2003 for £15,000 which with the PPI i was "advised" to take took the total up to £22,000.80p. i was working and paying £383.33p per month. about a year later i was offered a top up, by this time i'd paid £4.599 towards my first loan. when i accepted the new loan did that mean id cleared the first loan? if i did was i not due back all the ppi that was outstanding? anyway fast forward to 2006. i was made redundant so claimed ppi for 3 weeks as unemployed then after a lot of family problems was signed of by my doctor. my claim for ppi changed from unemployment to ill health, im still off now. in i think feb 2007 the ppi was stopped as it had been a year (i was never told that was the limit at anytime) the last payment was about half the loan repayment. i would have had enough if the bank had not taken charges from me. after i was "advised" to default my charges were returned but kept towards the loan. i was then asked to pay £100 a month which i have for 8 months. i got a summons for edinburgh sheriff court to pay the full ammount plus £320 and 8* interest and lawyers fees or they would want my house sold. ive phoned and written and asked why they want to make me homeless but to no avail. if anyones in the same boat ill keep you informrd about how my case is going. good luck

Have you responded to the claim? What have they stated as the details of claim?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Complaint to the OFT about DCA's threatening legally action on statute barred accounts

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hello. well im seeing a lawyer tomorrow and ive been arguing with rbos all week. they said to me that they only advised me and that i didnt have to listen to them. ive just found out im still paying ppi as its up to me to cancel it