disability living allowance turned down for 5 year old son

mich7k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good call re: the rabbit!;-)

Mine's never brought in fish either, never thought about that before! I've also had the voles, a HUGE rat (and he thought he was actually going to bring it in - caught him at the window though:lol:), but no bats - as yet!

My daughter doesn't seem to be affected by cat fur or most dogs but for some reason spaniels bring on her asthma and aggravate her eczema which is ever present anyway.

Nerves holding out - just. Hoovering, well what can I say, I've knackered that many Dysons - who says they live forever :confused: Mustn't forget the constant changing of the bed clothes - been through a few washing machines as well. Strangely my tumble dryer has lasted SIX whole years so far.

See Mich, you are definitely not alone, we'll get you over this hurdle one way or another!

xxx

I'm the Mummy and quite frankly, the CSA can kiss my butt!! :lol::lol:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its alright, I've got three white bin bags of cuddly toys to wash- some of which were purchased by non-thinking relative, aren't washable and are going to have to disappear to the great toy shop in the sky. If they can't be washed they can't live here!

The only thing our cat has brought in was another cat- which he got the infestation from!

One of our previous cats brought in two living mice which she put down and they walked back out of the door- we were convinced she'd paid them to play along to make her look hard. She was incredibly dumb, but beautiful and we loved her!

We have two Dysons at present- a big one (with flea collar inside to kill any blighters that survive) and a posh hand held one- completely impractical as the charge only lasts for 6 minutes but can do the stairs/dropped cereal. You can tell it was a present, can't you (from the person with non-washable toys).

I'm off again to clear some woodchip- someone had a busy night.

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

lol! you guys have made me laugh i now know i at not alone! i didnt even finish putting up the wall paper in my son's room before i finished the wall he's already ripped it and drawn on it! So what's the point! Trying to explain it to a tribunal is going to be tricky im gonna do my best cause we really need it plus i have a hearing at court on the 14th to keep my home so i hope we are succesful as alot depends on it folks

You've got enough on your plate at the moment, haven't you!

Maybe for the tribunal write down a typical day or week if you can manage it. And put down everything from bedroom carnage to interesting incidents while out- you get the picture. And all the maintenance work you have to do, hoovering, repairs, (like I had to re-put up the curtain rail in the bedroom today, pulled down for the twentieth time- I'll have no wall left to drill/screw into next time). It all helps, especially if you make it a bad day!

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hey, we aim to please!

Explaining it to a tribunal is not going to be difficult - just tell them your average day or should I say, your average worst day coz from my experience the bad days far outweigh the good days.

You were saying about your son nearly losing his fingers by rubbing them along the carpet - I am constantly in fear of my daughter losing her fingernails as the skin around them is so loose - her hands are that of a 90 year old woman and yet she's only 11. We've been there believe me!

I have to say the wallpaper thing has gone with me. My daughter stopped stripping wallpaper a couple of years ago when we moved in to a house with.... no wallpaper however she does scratch at the walls so you can't win!

Keep your chin up, keep focussed and keep us informed.

Just remember the washing, hoovering, repairs, creams, wet wrapping, assistance with peak flow meters, keeping them away from the garden (dirt infects eczema), fighting to get them in the bath, hiding anything rough (to stop them rubbing it on themselves - my daughter used to go crazy for my Avon hoof (foot) pumice). You'll be amazed at the things you do every day but just don't think of!

Hey,hey, gotta go, there's a bloke on the telly with his pants down and it looks like the last turkey in the shop - you gotta laugh! :lol:

xxx

A flea collar inside a vacuum bag ?! What a bl**dy good idea, Emma !!! :D

Frontline Combo is good though.... spot treatment for the back of the neck... and also protects the surrroundings where the cat/dog sleeps. Expensive at around £28ish for 6 pipettes though....

Thinking of you Mich.... I don't want to overload you, but don't forget all the activities that other children do, but that your child can't participate in at all, or without help. Swimming was a key one for my daughter years ago because it was good for her asthma, but played havoc with ther eczema. She had to have creams and emollients applied immediately !! Help was needed because she couldn't reach everywhere herself and couldn't apply them fast enough to stop the flare-ups.

Just an example.... :)

hi all just thought i'd give you a quick update, where do i start more stress?? Well anyway my case worker called me today to ask if i would mind having my appeal adjorned as my doctors had requested £50 payment to release my son's records. I said to her you are just chasing this up now???? when you requested the info from June??? i'm not happy as i feel that all of this should have been sorted so anyway she tells me its good to have medical evidence in the submission but if we could still win without it. i ask her what she thinks she tells me its ok and that we dont need it and keeps changing her opinion well anyway she calls the surgery and they say cant send it out till monday night bear in mind the tribunal is friday then she im so sorry maybe we should get it adjorned in the end i go to the surgery get the info myself and send it off to her recorded delivery........madness so now i even more nervous as to how its gonna go now?:confused:

I didn't have my daughter's medical records at my Appeal, Mich.... and still won. Remember, the decision is based upon how much help a person needs.... not how ill they are.

I'm not even sure of the legality of asking for £50 anyway, since a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) would release it all for £10. Who the hell do these doctors think they are ?!

I don't think I had anything from my GP and just a letter from my consultant (which she had "collaberated" with my welfare rights guy so it contained everything necessary- he sent it back twice until she got it right!).

Other than that, relax- if you think of something, carry a pad about and write it down. Then at least its out of your head. Sad but it works for me!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Good luck Mich.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

STACKS OF GREAT ADVICE THERE WE HAD DLA FOR OUR SON FROM THE AGE OF 6 MONTHS WITH SOME REAL CHEW EVERY TIME WE RE APPLIED AFTER 3 YEARS THEY TURNED US DOWN SO WE APPEALED AND GOT IT BACK JUST LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID BUT OUR SON ALSO HAD ADHD AND ASTHMA, WE GOT A GRANT OFF MIDDLESBROUGH BOROUGH COUNCIL FOR CENTRAL HEATING (RADIATORS) AND A SHOWER THIS WAS 17 YRS AGO BUT GIVE IT A GO THERE ARE COUNCIL GRANTS TO HELP YOU AS WELL AS THE FAMLY FUND (WHICH USED TO BE THE JOSEPH ROWNTREE TRUST), THEY WILL HELP WITH WASHERS AND DRYERS BEDDING CLOTHING AND FLOORING, BUT DON'T BE AFRAID TO APPEAL AND TRY AND GET SOM SOUND ADVICE FROM LOCAL C.A.B., I HAVE DLA I CANNOT WALK AND WAS TURNED DOWN AND HAD TO GO TO APPEAL IF THATS THE CASE DO NOT FEEL ASHAMED BY LAYING IT ON A BIT THICK BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO TALK AS THOUGH IT WAS THE WORST DAY WITH YOUR SON, DESTRUCTION, WANDERING NEEDS REMINDING TO TAKE INHALERS AND NEBULISER, UP ALL NIGHT LACK OF SLEEP, DO NOT FORGET THERE IS ALSO OUTREACH TO GIVE YOU A BREAK WHERE SOME ONE WILL TAKE HIM OFF YOUR HANDS A COUPLE OF HOURS A WEEK, IN TEESSIDE AREA IT WAS A GROUP CALLED SPECIAL FRIENDS BUT IT HELPS YOUR CASE WHEN RENEWAL COMES AROUND, BEST OF LUCK Dave

Ok Mich, it's the night before the tribunal. Get your list ready and do what you gotta do tomorrow.

Good luck, will be thinking of you tomorrow and don't forget to post as soon as you can to let us know of the outcome.

xxx

You just need to go, get there on time and answer anything they ask you. You will be fine.

Can't wait to hear how it goes- don't feel bad if you come across as a stressed Mum doing her best in difficult circumstances! It all helps- cry buckets if necessary, saying you are desperate for the extra help which DLA could pay for.

Good luck- I can't think of anything else- give it your best shot!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi Guys!!! I know you have been waiting for the result well just to let you know that we didnt get any mobility but we got Middle rate care! It has being awarded for the next 2 years, Im happy cause ive been so ill all week this process is so stressful..

Thank you guys for your help and support over the past few months i appreciate it loads! I was shaking when i came out good job im not a criminal it was like being interogation (spelt wrong i know!)

It is extremely stressful, but you won! And shouldn't you get extra child tax credit as well? That's a win in my book!

And it gets backdated to when you applied!

Hooray!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Well done for your win you want to get on to the Family Fund website Familyfund.org and make an application for help with your son you can apply for washing machine dryer clothing bedding nebuliser these are all asthma related items which we were entitled too you get a choice of washer and dryer and they replace every three years you apply yearly for the grants irrespective of your income they also give rants for holidays all they ask of you is that you keep your reciepts in case the auditors require them but we were never asked for them we used to get around £7 to £800 a year which was a fantastic help for our son give it a go as i have said don't be afraid to lay it on a bit thick give thesite a go. We were told years ago that the fund need to use all the allocated money because they get cut backs the next year so as we were told by them years ago when it used to be called the joseph rowntree trust (as in rowntree sweets from york) best of boro' luck dave

Brilliant news Mich and very well deserved - like Dave says, get on to the Family Fund now and get the extra help you need. If you don't need anything material, apply for a little holiday for you and the kids - the break will do you good and is well justified.

xxx:D