checkoutdolly V,s debenhams

checkoutdolly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you send a SAR? if so, they ahve 40 days to comply, no matter how high the demand is.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my reply today the usually bog off letter would refund the difference between £15.00 and £12.00 in guidance with OFT's ruling in fact have credited account with £139.00 need to find the link for LBA and the one where you acknowledge their refund but still want the rest any help please

Hi COD

Send the normal LBA (I think the library ones are not available at the moment - ther is one on my GE Money thread. Insert a entence thanking them for the offer which you accept as part settlement only.

Hi Checkoutdolly,I am at a similar stage with mine. I am due to file the N1 this week as the lba went 10 days ago. Out of curiosity what %apr are you putting on your claim? I am planning to go with 29.9% interest ( their rate) as long as I continue to stay brave! Makes a HUGE difference to the value of the claim.

next stop with this is file at court as they are not going to refund so a quick question

when i read poc it says show when payment was made do i have to do a sheet when i made all payments to this account as well as a spreadsheet for charges i am claiming back?

well filed at court today so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly must say i found doing the poc a bit daunting but got there in the end just hope i done it all correct will hear if i havent i suppose

• 2 weeks later...
well recieved an acknowledgment yesterday from court G.E money intend to defend suppose its a case of waiting now to see what their defence is?
As I have remarked on other threads, saying they intend to defend and actually defending are two entirely different things.

They may or may not produce a defence but one thing I am 99.99% certain of is that they will not actually defend the case, ie turn up in court to defend it.

• 2 weeks later...

well surprise surprise got a latter today off salans. my claim is only for £322 then the 8% court interest they have offered me a sum of £200 in final settlemant of the matter reckon that leaves me about £200 short with court fees added anyone got a nice reply i can e-mail them refusing as im guessing that will be your advice to me

Just write a short, polite letter in plain English thanking them for their offer which you accept as part settlement only and tell them that you have every intention of carrying on the case until you get all that you have asked for. Tell tem you hope that makes your position clear.:)

Hi Checkoutdolly

Received your PM for a letter or email.

Try this, amend to suit:

YOUR NAME

YOUR ADDRESS

YOUR POST TOWN

YOUR POSTCODE

BANK NAME

BANK ADDRESS

BANK POST TOWN

BANK POSTCODE

TODAY’S DATE

Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for your letter received on XX/XX/XX and the offer of £XXXX in settlement for my request for refund of charges totalling £XXXX.

I thank you for your offer and i accept the offer of £xxx, as part settlement of my claim. Any thing less than the full amount paid in my claim, is not to be considered as full and final payment. I will continue to pursue the full amount of £XXXX as originally requested plus any additional charges that may have been added to my account since the start of this correspondence.

I am aware that terms & conditions of your account contract are unfair, as the charges applied are penalty charges, which are 'to the detriment of the consumer'. The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 highlights these in Section 5 clause 1.

5. - (1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.

On 24th April 2008, Mr Justic Andrew Smith passed judgement that the UTCCCR 1999, did apply to bank charges.

I trust that we can reach agreement on this and I look forward to receiving a full and unconditional payment of £XXXX. If I have not received this within 14 days, I will have no choice but to continue with the legal proceedings to resolve this matter.

Yours sincerely

YOUR NAME

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Oh yes, no talking. Keep everything in writing, good usable papertrail ..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

There you go. . . well done. Great job. :)

Not sure why that is, have you emailed them back?

WARNING TO ALL

e-mailed them and this is the reply i got

Dear mrs hickling]

[Thank you for your e-mailI will date the order when I sign it on behalf of my client the order will be formally agreed when both parties have signed not just one. this is why I will date it when I sign it. I will sign it as soon as i recieve it from you]

trust this clariefies the situation and i lokk forward to recieving the signed but not dated Order]

yours sincerly

Philip beswick

Yes it has a confidentiality clause on it dont really understand that what does it stand for

Edited by checkoutdolly
had fonts on it