Former Credit Card Accounts

kpiotrowicz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can I claim unfair charges from credit cards I have had before? Even if I no longer have an account with them? I don't have the account details of them anymore. I only know the names of the companies - Lloyds TSB Mastercard and Barclaycard. Will it be easy to get my full details and copies of statements from them?

I had a look through the site but didn't find any other posts on this.

Yes you can send the DPAR letter from the libary .Just give them as much information as you can .:D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I phoned Lloyds for details about my credit card with them and was told that they didn't have any records with my name and any of the previous addresses that would be have been registered with it.

Barclaycard wouldn't even let me get through the automated annoyance they call a telephone service without a credit card number.

I saw on another thread to contact Equifax and pay a couple of quid for your statutory credit report. They seemed to imply that your details from old accounts would be included on this. Just sent off for mine as I'm after a couple of old credit card account numbers as well.

It's at the bottom right of the page on this link - Equifax

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

Looks like I've been fed duff info. Got the credit report through which doesn't contain my card number. Have to think of an alternative.

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

Just send a SAR - they have to provide the information even if you don't know your account number. Provide your full name and all previous addresses.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...