pay advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when my husband started his previous job he was contracted for 36 hours a week , but they have since changed the rota and the way the shifts work so he only works 35 hours a week but never signed another contract, should they be paying him his contracted hours?

Hi,

They can only change his contract including working hours and pay with his agreement, by giving due notice (this depends on how many employees are affected) or following consultation and agreement with his Union (if there is one) as there would be collective agreements in force.

I am sure your husband was more than happy to carry on fulfilling his 36 hour contract but has helped the company out by agreeing to the changes. As they didn't state at the time that there would be any reduction in pay and your husband didn't agree to one, his pay should remain the same.

By now working the new hours this has become part of his contract whether he signed anything or not.

Regards,

Paul.

i know its only an hour a week , everybody had to change because he used to do 12 hour shifts then they changed them to 7 hour shifts , but an hour is an hour

What does his pay slip say? Does it have an hourly rate on it times by 36 or 37 hours?

If it still shows his old hours then they may be overpaying him, otherwise unless he and his colleagues agreed to a pay cut, I would maintain that this is now the 'rate for the job.'

What pay do his colleagues get?

...also, how long ago did the change take effect? He would only have been deemed to accept the new terms if it has been in place for some time. If a recent change then he could raise the matter as a grievance unless he has signed something or unless the loss of an hour's pay was communicated in writing.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!