How can i stop a property, which is held in joint names, from being repossessed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jazzmen. I have rea you thread and you have received some wonderful advice from Bona.

For tomorrow keep calm. It is a very civilised placed and the DJ will be extremely helpful. Is your solicitor representing you or are you doing it yourself? Remember you pay the solicitor so you say how the case goes!!!

Gather all your evidence and put it in an orderly file so you have it easy to hand. Make sure you have a copy for the DJ and the other side....dont rely on them receiving a fax or post...even if they did on time its been known for the other side to have "not received anything"

If you are representing yourself then remember these points:

Make notes on your copy and make then readable!

Take any evidence you have of trying to get your ex to agree to the sale

Stay calm

Approach the DJ with Sir or Madam

Allow the other side to talk and make notes on anything you hear which you dont agree or understand

Speak clearly and try not to get emotional (hard I know at times)

Dont interrupt the other side or the DJ

Dont be afraid to ask

I am more than happy to give you some support if you need it. Shame it was not a while ago we could have arranged a court buddy for you...but you will be fine I am sure of it. As many have said...it is best all round for the house to be sold for a fair market price. Dont be worried...your not the first and you wont be the last!!

Mrsfoot x

Hi Bona & mrsfootthanks you for all your support!!I think iv just about recovered from what i had to go through last week.The Judge was an hour late so all the cases got delayed! but that worked in my favour as she decided to adjourned matter in light of the evidence i put forward and told me to commence ancillary relief proceeding so that the court could grant me an order for sale. The matter was adjourned for 7 full days and then i date to be given (which i don't really understand what that means). But she did tell other side that they should submit something in the ancillary proceedings if they want. I would have got my solicitor to do the proceedings but she charges alot of money (which i don't have) and i still end up doing at the chasing so i'v commenced ancillary proceedings myself and the court said they will give a date in 12weeks and im very confident that the court will grant the order.I will keep you posted.

Well done thats good news for you.

When the Judge said adjourned for 7 days then a date will be found this means another date will be given after 7 days to enable you and the other side to gather info needed.

I have found this form from court pages..is it worth having a read?? http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form_a_1205.pdf

On that website you should also find a guidance leaflet on completing the form.

I also found this which is a good read and very helpful http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk/pdfs/financial_arrangements_after_marriage_breakdown.pdf

Hope this helps

Thanks Bona and Mrsfoot for your support!I have submitted Form A for the commencement of Ancillary Relief Proceedings and i am now completing the Financial Statement form which i have to submit within 35 days!I haven't heard from the bank yet so guess just have to wait for next court date.