nicsussex

Clydesdale Cuts default Fees (Reluctantly)

"Phil Jones, personal finance campaigner at Which?, advised anyone who had been charged at £22.50 since April 2006 to contact Clydesdale Financial Services to bid for a refund."

Don't "bid", reclaim whats yours!!

Its what we've been advising for ages!;)

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Hi Paul :)

"Clydesdale Financial Services, owned by Barclays". From the article, not Clydesdale Bank.

I think they were formerly electrical retailers who depended heavily on selling goods by credit, with extortionate interest rates and heavy penalties for late payment. If its the same crowd, they started in Scotland. When retail division failed, the financial services part behind it kept going and was subsequently taken on by Barclays.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers, Kenny :)

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Seems I was correct and glad that my memory is not yet failing me!:rolleyes:

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/inquiries/completed/2006/storecard/pdf/initial_subs_providers_clydesdale.pdf

"1. THE BUSINESS OF CLYDESDALE FINANCIAL SERVICES

Company History

1.1 1.2 1.3

The history of CFS can be summarised as follows:

to 1994 Clydesdale Electrical Stores was an in-house Point Of Sale (POS) finance business for an electrical retailer

1994 Acquired by Ventura, part of Next Group

2001 Carnegie Holdings effected a Management Buy-In with venture capitalist backing (including Barclays Private Equity and Bank of America, subsequently re-financed by Barclays Capital)

2003 (May) CFS acquired by Barclays Bank PLC (of which Barclaycard is a division). "

I've just sent a SAR off to them last week, as they must owe me a fortune. Hope this news speeds things up!

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Ha this is wonderful news:D. I have been battling with Clydesdale for about two years and told them to take a hike on the basis that all I now owe them is entirely charges. I was wondering why they had stopped sending me threatograms. They were also the only one of about ten creditors who REFUSED to freeze interest and would not accept payments of less than £5. I was totally amazed by their sanctimonious attitude towards a debt of a couple of hundred pounds. I could not work out why they thought they were so different to everyone else:eek:. They seemed to think that the laws of the land did not apply to them.

I am pleased to hear they have been put in the stocks at last.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Pleased for you Goldlady and everyone else who has had dealings with them.

Keep us posted and good luck!:D

Originally posted by Goldlady

They were also the only one of about ten creditors who REFUSED to freeze interest

Same here, the only one out of 11. And when I had to make a reduced payment to payplan for one month due to genuine reasons, which payplan explained to all creditors, guess who hammered me with charges of £22.50 twice in one month because I was £4 short of my agreed amount? They wouldn't refund it, even when payplan intervened.

Well, I'm coming to get you now (with my compound interest :D )

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

hiya all

interesting thread, just what ive been looking for , however, they are one of my creditors who has accepted reduced payment on my own debt management plan for the next 6 months and not charging any interest, but i do have about 200 pounds worth of these 22.50 charges and i owe about 900 too still, so should i ask for my charges back and risk the decreased payment offer or as i do have the offer of reduced payments in writing still apply for my charges back and am happy for the total to decrease my debt with them anyway.

still new to all this would appreciate your guidance

many thanks

Ciao MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

I would ask for the charges back now maz. They did refund some of mine before this latest development - maybe now they will see sense and refund them all for you. It shouldn't affect the arrangement you have with them; it will just reduce the amount you owe them - hopefully. As they have just been told off it is probably a good time to strike.

I haven't heard from them in ages. Their charges were actually more than I owed them and I told them to get lost. It seems they have:D

Best of luck

BANK CHARGES

Others

Many thanks for your quick reply Goldlady

they had told me over the telephone the charges applied but not sure if i have had any further ones since march as ive set up the first payment on the dmp plan paid on 23.03.08 and my next payment will be 23.04.08 - should i be brave and call them up and get them to go over my account with me fully to date, i could use the excuse that i wanted to ensure the last payment was off the balance. Then i can record my balance to date with my future payments ensuring no further charges are being applied.

dont think i should do a sar as they did admit to the charges over the phone last time i spoke with them, also need to remember to check and get refund back from my bank account too.

any views, best way forward - thanks maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

They will probably send you a full statement if you ask them to, without needing to do a SAR. It is hard to get your head round when they have agreed to your DMP as I know you don't want to rock the boat. I didn't have that problem because they refused to agree to mine so I was horrible to them!! Of course you need to look at the interest that has been added to the charges as well when you are asking for a reclaim. So I would just ask them if they can send you a full statement of the account to date which will answer all your questions.

BANK CHARGES

Others

hiya Goldlady

just to update you got my statement today and there are unpaid dd/cheque chg of 20.00 then others at the 22.50 for letter charge

thus i should ask for all of these charges, it totals as 167.50 so far thus i ought to be cheeky and also add the 8% interest...

it make my balance that much less so happy days i hope

thanks for your help

ciao for now MAZ

I would claim the charges but not add 8% interest but add the interest that they have charged you on those charges which will be a lot more than 8%.

Best of luck x

BANK CHARGES

Others

I would claim the charges but not add 8% interest but add the interest that they have charged you on those charges which will be a lot more than 8%.

Best of luck x

hiya Goldlady

thanks hope you are still around, from the statement there are no interest charges , as this was for interest free credit loan - for my daughters maths study from Student Support Centre.

Therefore thats why i wasnt sure about the 8% if i should apply like the credit card and bank account reclaims

hope this makes sense,

im around for another hour thanks

MAZ

Hmmm - well if it went to court you would claim the 8%. I would suspect that you would definitely get the charges back but not at all sure about adding interest at this stage.... If it was me I would just go for the charges:)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Thanks Goldlady

I think its what ive heard in the past - use it as a negotiating tool as such, include the interest if won in court would be given , but if they dont want to pay, i could advise i would settle for the charges only to be paid as the settlement, before it goes to court.

thanks for your feedback though i do appreciate it, like you said before they have had their knuckles wrapped thus may just pay without a fuss.

will sleep on it and go with my gut tomorrow

thanks good night, ciao for now MAZ