BankFodder BankFodder

myalterego

Unicom....help...Advice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3392 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi...

this is referring to the company unicom

about 2 years ago my partner received a call from these muppets on our home phone number asking if she ran a business...she said no

lo-and behold we receive a letter a few days later saying welcome to unicom yada yada..we called them and they said my partner had agreed to swapping lines...er no...they then threatened us with a cancellation charge...we then went to BT, who are fully aware of them as theyhad ported the number again without our permission

I called them and asked for the contract and a taped conversation...nothing forth coming...

Now today we receive a letter from threatening Court Action. i.e if we do not pay a £1,000 + cancellation charge they will take us to court.

Thanks to the amazing advice on here I now battling with another DCA`s etc

And now would like the best advice to for the above...i.e what would be the best template letter to send to them..?

bumpity bump...anyone help thanks

You could I suppose send them the CCA, after all they say they have provided you with credit???

Do you have anything in writing from the original dispute?

It might be worth contacting BT and see what they have on record.

Although I presume that they do not have any contract or similar from you or your partner requesting for ar agreeing to them providing any service at all?

It would prove very hard for them if they took it to Court to show that there was a contract between you.

Not sure whether those ramblings were much help I'm afraid

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

know the problem - we have a and probably the same pb except they are chasing a 14k that doesnt exist....

we havent lived at the address for 5-6 years and give them full an final settlement notice - and payment by cheque after they ignored the fact we were moving home.

do you know of any good solicitors that have beaten them before?

if so let me know.

there are hundreds of people in the same situation.