Nigerian scammer on CAG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received this pm:

Hello,

Dear fellow Halifax customer,this is mark from yorkshire,i am new guest to this site,i just heard about it and very happy with this forum,evev i am just making my donation to the development of the site,so i will like to have your email contact in other to be sending you important update and making friends ok,here is my email as well *****@yahoo.com please reply me with your email so that we can communicate there thanks.

Regards

Mark.

I strongly suspect that this is a Nigerian [EDIT] (the 'I will like' is a giveaway) phishing for email addresses.

Whilst I have never been a Halifax customer, some CAGgers who are or have been may be tempted to respond. I have simply deleted the message, a course of action I recommend to all who receive it. Click 'cancel' in the read receipt dialogue box.

Can the Mods/Site Admin kill the [EDIT]'s account please?

Responding to such messages is likely to cause the respondent to be deluged with '419 [problem]' and other bogus offers, as well as any amount of spam email. It would, of course, be quite wrong to send him the email addresses of any bank or DCA, and I do not recommend that anyone should do this.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best place to send a [problematic] email address is on one of the many scambaiting sites.

I discovered them by accident at 3am one sleepless night wandering around the internet looking for new things to amuse me.

People reply to the Nigerian [problematic] emails pretending to be rich company dirctors or chuch leaders, etc. Then send the [EDIT] off on a wild merry go round of time wasting.

One guy had [EDIT] travel 500 miles to meet his character at an airport. Another had a [EDIT] carve an Commodore 64 out of wood and send it to him in the belief he'd get a £20k arts grant in return.

Have a look on Google using the keywords "[problem] baiting" and read some of the emails and pics that have been sent between the [problematic] and their "victims." Just keep some tissues handy, as you will be spitting coffee on your screen a fair few times.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Some of the scambaits are extremely good; there's an excellent one called Pppppowerbook in which a London-based [EDIT] was enjoined to pay huge import duties on what he thought was a Mac PowerBook, but was in fact an A4 ringbinder with keys drawn on it.

I am quite surprised that the debt collection industry has not exploited the wealth of talent that is clearly available in any internet cafe in Nigeria - accomplished liars, often pretending to be lawyers, attempting to extort money by tricks and threats - it's right up the DCAs' street!

Some of the scambaits are extremely good; there's an excellent one called Pppppowerbook in which a London-based [EDIT] was enjoined to pay huge import duties on what he thought was a Mac PowerBook, but was in fact an A4 ringbinder with keys drawn on it.

I am quite surprised that the debt collection industry has not exploited the wealth of talent that is clearly available in any internet cafe in Nigeria - accomplished liars, often pretending to be lawyers, attempting to extort money by tricks and threats - it's right up the DCAs' street!

I'm sure some of the EDIT . Close run thing! :) :) :) People who have the time to waste the time of the fraudsters are doing some good as well as having fun. Less time for the [problematic] to work on innocent people. I'll have to make more of an effort. I ring the English ones up at 4a.m. and stuff. It F***S them off alright, but doesn't really do them much damage. I got one of them up after ringing for 30 minutes solid the other week! Then I yelled Canute down the phone at the top of my voice and hung up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I had one recently claiming to be a long lost relative and could I bring the family valuables which were held in a package at Victoria Railway station to her in Spain.... funny but we don't have Spanish relatives, only USA and Italian ones....

Apart from the banks wanting me to log my details in when I don't have accounts with them and the people wanting to send me 'private photos' it's been a busy past month for the [problem] community.

Eventually I suppose they will give up - but then some other mug will be caught in their web.

I can think of plenty of DCA emails that would just love to receive 5 million quid from the family of a Nigerian general/barrister at law/religious zealot who just needs a teeny bit of help in removing the money from the security vault

I had one the other day, apparently from a Mrs Adams, asking me to help her move £26m which some friends of her husband had apparently come upon in mysterious circumstances. I've no idea where she got my email address from, although some of her husband's acquaintaces apparently 'know where I live'...

A friend of mine used to get them to call his premium rate phone number. Imagine the cost to the [EDIT] when they call from Nigeria on a mobile phone. My friend enjoyed scambaiting and made a few quid from the £1-50 a min number. Of course it was always a "bad line" and had them repeating things few times when they called him. :grin:

Just been reading a post on 419baiter where they had the "church of the painted breast" and a [EDIT] was after a grant to help spread the church in his home town. The baiter was an expert on photoshop, so he had pics of the church with a sign and everything + an appliction form full of daft questions, but very official looking. He got the [EDIT] to send photos of him having a weird sign tattooed around his left nipple in bright red ink, as part of the initiation ceremony. Then a photo of him holding a fish in one hand and a loaf of bread in the other.

The grand finale was a scan of a photoshopped Western Union slip for £20,000 and the [EDIT] actually travelled over 100 miles to Lagos, to go and pick up a non existant wire transaction. Would have loved to see the look on his face when he found out he'd been baited. And again when he was emailed the link to the baiting site. And every time he looked in the mirror and saw the tattoo. :grin:

Priceless.

For everything else there's a Mastercard with no CCA. :wink:

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

There are a few scambuster sites around. If you want to read about these thieves try scambuster419.co.uk: where 419 [problem] artists meet their match

but if you want to see fraudsters make fools of themselves, have a look at Welcome to the 419 Eater

Colt Seavers vs the unknown stunt man (especially riding a punch in the 2nd vid) has made most peoples day.

My pleasure, I'll email you a piccie of one. But first I need you to send me £1000 release fees soonest. :wink:

SillyGirl1.....

How come you get asked for private pics then?

I have never had that request. :mad:

When I do, out comes my gingerbread man costume

with some candyfloss and a raw chipolata sausage pinned to it. :grin:

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

This was dealt with, by the way, just thought you should know.

If anyone receives something similar from any other users, please report it immediately to a moderator or site helper.

Cheers!

• Haha 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have just received this pm:

I strongly suspect that this is a Nigerian [EDIT] (the 'I will like' is a giveaway) phishing for email addresses.

Whilst I have never been a Halifax customer, some CAGgers who are or have been may be tempted to respond. I have simply deleted the message, a course of action I recommend to all who receive it. Click 'cancel' in the read receipt dialogue box.

Can the Mods/Site Admin kill the [EDIT]'s account please?

Responding to such messages is likely to cause the respondent to be deluged with '419 [problem]' and other bogus offers, as well as any amount of spam email. It would, of course, be quite wrong to send him the email addresses of any bank or DCA, and I do not recommend that anyone should do this.

Just had one absolutely identical.

They're barking up the wrong tree with me though - I haven't got two pennies to scratch my ass (donkey) with.

Why choose CAG?? Not very logical... is it??

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

This was dealt with, by the way, just thought you should know.

If anyone receives something similar from any other users, please report it immediately to a moderator or site helper.

Cheers!

Excellent work :grin: click on the scales for that one.

And it has started an interesting thread too.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I only get PM's from someone called Cagbot. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I have a particularly useful site bookmarked where you input their email address and it signs them up for all manner of spam from all manner of spammers......

some of those baiter sites literally would have you in hysterics if you have the time to read the whole baiting process.....I remember one about a laptop in particular.....crazily funny

• Haha 2

I had an email pretending to be from 'Abbey National; the other day, would love to have seen the [problematic] faces when they realise they had picked on a ex member of Abbey staff!! :-) dont think I will hear from them again somehow...

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

I'd love it if that fell into the wrong hands.

Sticky gingerbread man type hands, if you

get my meaning? :wink:

Not that I would do anything bad with it.

Just for research purposes only.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

He can have my email address: [email protected]

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Get them to call Whitehall 1212.

I made the mistake of being clever and forwarding an e-mail to a banks anti-phishing e-mail address without realising that forwarding this stuff just starts an avalanche of spam to your own e-mail address!

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000