Silent calls from this number 01709 842899

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a few today - every time I answer it is silent at the other end. Now it's beginning to hack me off. I'm not ringing it as if they want to speak to me they can pay for the call. Did a quick google and it appears to be GE Capital, though I can't be certain.

Anyone have any idea who it could be and why they're not answering when they are the ones who are ringing me?

It can often happen that it is a compter dialling the numbers in advance of an operator becoming available to be connected. This maximised the number of successful calls that can be handled per shift - but if the operator doesn't complete the earlier call in the expected time, there is nobody available to speak with you.

OFCOM said this was unacceptable, and changed the rules that required firms to play a 'holding' message rather than silence - but not all firms have done this. If you want to cause them aggro, complain to OFCOM providing the details and they'll consider enforcement action.

Thanks for that buzby - both times I was in the middle of doing something when I had to rush to the phone, only to be met with complete silence.

I do have a Debenhams card and as Asda card with GE Capital, but neither card warrants a call from them as they are both up to date, with less than £200 on one and less than £10 on the other.

If it's a marketing call, well, they can write to me!

Can I bill them for my time?:p

Nice idea, but you'll find that you've probably given them permission to contact you by a variety of different methods, and rescinding this permission won't be an option. I called a firm and as part of the quotation I was being given I was asked for my email and phone number, I said I valued my privacy and did not normally disclose these details. I was told if I accepted the quote, itwas on the understanding that these details would be provided. If I didn't, they'd cancel the policy!

Do what I do, get a free 0870 number and give that to everyone that has no real need to phone you. Then you can divert this to a voice mailbox or Skype and deal with it when convenient to you.

This is GE Money passing your details for marketing purposes. Please complain.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Complain to the ICO. You need to have given your express permission for them to do this in your agreements for your cards. This would normally be through ticking a box. If you didn't tick the box they are not allowed to pass the information as you have not given consent.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

They will be trying to sell you more store cards.

Which are all financed by GE.