• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg credit card agreement terminated

toymaker1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What does seem clear to me is that it can be argued either way, which means in practice Egg won't want this case going anywhere near a court.

That is a shrewd comment from the legal profession.

In April 2006 the OFT fired the opening shot which triggered a nationwide revolt by penalty charge victims. For the next 12 months banks and credit cards avoided a pitched battle in court like a plague. Industry sources estimated the total of out-of-court refunds as £500 million towards 500,000 claimants?

Then in April 2007 came the Kevin-v-Lloyds trial. Many still believe this showdown materialised by accident. Lloyds barrister or solicitor did not bother to show up in Small Claims Court, but Judge Cooke surprisingly opted to try the case in absentia of Lloyds. Judgment went for the bank. Lloyds and other banks were cock-a-hoop, less afraid now of a precedent forcing the global refund of all charges going back 6 years.

Then Tom Brennan took NatWest to court despite NW desperately trying to bribe him not to. The verdict again favoured the banks, with the judge complimenting the 7 NW QCs cutting no slack for Tom.

After this other hesitating big guns lost their doubts and inhibitions. Immediately after the Brennan verdict the OFT announced a Test Case in the High Court, which led to a nationwide stay of impending claims. Two years and three trials later the Supreme Court again ruled for the banks, represented by 9 QCs to the OFT's 1.

Lending institutions because of their corporate dynamics and industry-wide fear of establishing an adverse precedent binding on other institutions find it very hard to seek a decisive yes-no decision in court. In the end it took litigants to drag banks kicking and screaming into court. In so doing the gung-ho DIY readers of law books did the banks a multibillion pound favour, and put zilch into the parms of bank charge claimants too complacent to complete reclaim activity before July 2007.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I've read this thread from begining to end and I think on balance the CCA simply isn't that clear on the point of terminating non defaulted accounts. What does seem clear to me is that it can be argued either way, which means in practice Egg won't want this case going anywhere near a court.

Think about it. I would have thought only about 2% of the people who had their facility withdrawn have stopped paying. I've been too busy to look into my own egg card [i've been too busy starting up my firm], so i'm as guilty as anyone else, but if paid about £60 interest per month for the last over two years, I've probably paid them about 1.5k interest on a 4k debt, plus 1k on the balance itself. Egg will make a huge profit on this decision over time, continue to make a huge profit on this decision, and they probably do live in fear of someone putting this matter into Court.

I'm a solicitor [employment, PI and some civil] and if someone came into my office today to ask for advice, I would give them the arguments and then I would tell them that on balance you should write to egg recorded delivery disputing their decision to close the account, claiming the original agreement was invalid and then let them sell on the debt. The chances of Egg taking you to Court, I would think, are next to zero, especially if they're wary of the agreements being held unenforcable for other reasons [in particular that corker about not putting in credit limits].

As for the nonsense from one poster about "a barrister cutting you to pieces because you haven't thought it through" and "how can they be giving these agreements to debt collectors because that's against the law?", I think some of you know that it's a lot more wild west out there at the moment.

Debts are sold on regularly with next to no internal compliance by either party. No - one cares because these companies are almost completely unregulated, but - more importantly for you - they're also a sign that the company who you owe the money to doesn't have the confidence [in the case of Egg] and / or resources [in the case of British Gas, because they have too many customers] to sue people en masse.

As for the DCs, most of these letters that you're quoting from Debt Companies or solicitors acting as DCs are borderline fraud. I know of one solicitor firm based in London who reguarly say they've issued claims out of Northampton County Court but they never actually do. In practice, you should wait for actual proceedings to be issued and served on you before you treat these people seriously. Otherwise, it's just pure bullying, an attempt to wear you down.

Anyway, I'm glad to have read through the thread, because I think most people who read through all the messages will come to the conclusion that if they were one of the 160,000, you should stop paying.

Toy - you've already won the argument by putting forward the argument strongly enough and stopping your payments. You might be right or you might be wrong - my own feeling is you're probably wrong about your construction of s98 but right enough about the CCA as a whole that Egg won't ever sue you. If the other line of argument was correct, then it would mean that Egg could (a) lend you 5k on 5%, (b) raise the rate to 22% the following week, and then © the next week, tell you the card was cancelled and demand that you pay it back... can't see that being compliant with the CCA, or UCTA, or indeed on general equitable principles...

Anyway, whatever, I'm glad there are people like you in the world that are willing to fight for what's fair.

I'm cancelling my DD tomorrow. It'll save me about a 100 a month.

i'm glad to see that a solicitor is confused by s98! :D . i can't see why that section has been included in the act,as it seems to make it much easier for a lender to end a non-defaulted account than a defaulted account.:confused: (for loans anyway)

i see that lenders now have to give you 60 days to reject an interest rate hike - yipee- oh,but wait a minute,you have to agree to close your account.:roll: poor old Egg,they could have used that method to persuade all the punters they took a dislike to, to agree to ending their agreement :cool:.

BBC News - New credit card protection agreed

i'm glad to see that a solicitor is confused by s98! :D . i can't see why that section has been included in the act,as it seems to make it much easier for a lender to end a non-defaulted account than a defaulted account.:confused: (for loans anyway)

That's right, loans - not credit cards.

Chelsealove,

Re your comment above, 'Toy - you've already won the argument by putting forward the argument strongly enough and stopping your payments. You might be right or you might be wrong - my own feeling is you're probably wrong about your construction of s98 but right enough about the CCA as a whole that Egg won't ever sue you. If the other line of argument was correct, then it would mean that Egg could (a) lend you 5k on 5%, (b) raise the rate to 22% the following week, and then © the next week, tell you the card was cancelled and demand that you pay it back... can't see that being compliant with the CCA, or UCTA, or indeed on general equitable principles...' that's more or less exactly what they did with me just prior to terminating my card, see my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/235513-terminated-agreement-interest-rate.html

Have complained to the FOS but in a telephone conversation with them they stated that I may be add 2 & 2 and getting 5, (their comment), but as far as I’m concerned they must have known my card was due for termination just after they hiked the rate.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

Chelsealove,

Re your comment above, my own feeling is you're probably wrong about your construction of s98 but right enough about the CCA as a whole that Egg won't ever sue you.

As I see it- and based upon my own experience with credit card companies-

there is no middle ground, i.e. if you are wrong (about your construction of S98 or anything else) they will sue you for every penny; if you are right, they will keep their heads down and wont sue you.

This just arrived,

FROMCARTERS22MARCH2010.jpg

Should I reply?

Thanks

Mrs P

This is what I would send:

Bryan Carter Solicitors

De Havilland Drive

Weybridge

Surrey

KT13 0NT

Our Ref: xxxxxx

Your Ref: xxxxxx

Date:

Dear Bryan Carter Solicitors

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxx.

As the solicitors acting for xxxxx you will be aware that the credit card agreement between Egg and myself is governed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, therefore I would be grateful if you would indicate to me the relevant section of the Act which provides Egg with legal entitlement to terminate my Egg agreement with effect from 6th March 2008.

1a.

In the course of preparing a County Court Claim on behalf of your client, xxxxxx, you will have become aware that the debt claimed by your client is disputed by me.

My reasons for disputing the debt, as both you and your client will be aware, are set out in my letters xxxx to xxxx inclusive. As you know, paragraph 2.8 k. of the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance of July 2003, updated in December 2006, makes it clear that collection activity must cease whilst investigating a disputed debt. I look forward to the results of your investigation.

In the event that the dispute between Egg Banking plc, Midas Legal Services, Moorcroft Debt recovery Limited, Bryan Carter Solictors and myself is put before a court for adjudication, I will draw the court’s attention to the following points.

3a

Both you and your client, xxxxxx, although fully aware that the debt is disputed, have continued collection activity in breach of Section 2.8k. of the OFT Debt Collection Guidance.

3b.

Both you and your client, xxxxxx, although fully aware that the debt is disputed, have accepted assignment of the disputed account. You will be aware that this is in breach of Sections 2.6c and 2.8f of the OFT Debt Collection Guidance, and also in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

I also consider your client’s actions amount to psychological harassment within the terms of section 2.6h. of the OFT Guidelines, in that your client has ignored and disregarded the fact that I have reasonably queried and disputed the debt.

I will also draw the attention of the court to the manner in which both you and your client xxxxx have acted in respect of the dispute between Egg Banking and myself, particularly in relation to,

The Consumer Credit Act 1974,

The Data Protection Act 1998,

The Protection from Harrassment Act

The Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection and Unfair Business Practices (Updated December 2006),

The Solicitors’ Code of Conduct 2007,

The Credit Services Association Code Of Practice.

I consider that your conduct in the dispute between Egg Banking and myself amounts to an unfair relationship in terms of section 140 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as amended by the Consumer Credit Act 2006, and I will request the court to make an appropriate Order under S140 of the Act.

I am confident that Egg Banking and Midas Legal Services and Moorcroft Debt recovery Limited and Bryan Carter Solicitors will, as I will, provide to the court full records of the matters to which I have referred, including copies of my letters xxxx to xxxx.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxx

Given that the matter is now subject to potenetial court proceedings and to ensure a even playing surface, under civil procedure rules CPR you are entitled to all the info that they have and would declare prior to proceedings. This is not a SAR request and the info does not need to be paid for -if they come back and say they want £10 or even £1 they are not acting within Civil Procedure Rules. Best that you find a CPR template letter - there must be one here on the forum. Send it recorded delivery.

I am no lawyer but I dio know that they don't like this letter one little bit ! Good luck.

Um, Hopster. No, that's completely untrue.

If you make a CPR pre-action application for disclosure without first following the protocol [and arguably even if you do], the presumption is that the applicant pays. Further - if the judge thinks you're on a fishing expedition, you'll end up paying the other side's costs, which are usually a grand.

I've done three hundred of them in PI cases and unless you follow the rules very closely, you'll end up getting screwed up against the wall. Plus - it's quite complicated paperwork to complete to make the application.

On the other hand, you are entitled to disclosure WITHIN proceedings, once the matter has been issued. That might be what you were confusing it with.

My recommendation is that you ignore the letter btw until you see actual legal paperwork, then go see a lawyer. If they're doing this work bulk, it's highly unlikely they have authority to issue the claim.

Also - they don't know that you live permently at that address. If you write to them, you're putting them on notice you DO live there and are open to any kind of action against you.

One other thing - Bryan Carter aren't putting their SRA number at the bottom of their letter. Report them to the SRA here because they're in breach of the new Solicitors Rules. There is an option in the link for you as a member of the public to "report intelligence anonymously". Give their address.

Solicitors Regulation Authority - Contact us

What it'll mean is they'll have to get entirely new stationary at huge cost to them, as well as having to throw away thousands of pounds of old stationary.

Jokers.

• 2 weeks later...

The letter from Egg says:-

"the agreement will end 35 days after the date of this letter"

"the Egg Card agreement continues to apply until the balance is repaid in full"

This seems to be contradictory. Either the agreement ended in March 2008 or it ends when the balance is repaid. If the agreement ended in March 2008 then surely they have no agreement to apply interest nor to update Credit Reference Agency records.

I don't see how they can say the agreement has ended but still bind you to the agreement.

Reading the rest of this thread, it seems that there is some question about whether the lending facility was ended or the repayment facility. But I only had one agreement which covered both aspects of the running of my account so Egg's reference to 'the agreement' can only refer to that. Surely?

Has anyone had any luck in freezing or reclaiming interest for the post-"agreement end" or stopping Egg from updating (and removing historical) Credit Reference Agency records??

Edited by TinaTurner2
spelling doh!

One other thing - Bryan Carter aren't putting their SRA number at the bottom of their letter. Report them to the SRA here because they're in breach of the new Solicitors Rules. There is an option in the link for you as a member of the public to "report intelligence anonymously". Give their address.

Solicitors Regulation Authority - Contact us

What it'll mean is they'll have to get entirely new stationary at huge cost to them, as well as having to throw away thousands of pounds of old stationary.

Jokers.

Done!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you can assume that defaulting isn't going to bring about any further action, other than debt collectors trying to harass you and an entry on your credit file. As long as you're prepared to suffer that, I doubt egg will do anything further. As I said before, they're not interested in a Court case that sets a precedent one way or another.

I defaulted now a few months ago. I told them they could sue me and I would be happy to go to Court. Nothing in response.

Egg can go screw themselves. If they want to act like gangsters, they should be treated as such.

• 2 weeks later...

I had two credit cards with Egg that were both terminated whilst not in default. I was one of the 160,000. I have since received the usual harassment from Fredericson and then Bryan Carter. This morning I received a claim form for Northampton County Court which I have to respond to for one of the cards. Has anybody else received something similar and how did you deal with it. I obviously intend to challenge it on a number of fronts eg enforceability and the fact there is no agreement in place to enforce anymore. Is this just another level of scare tactic they employ? Are they not running a big risk if they are not successful?

Any advice would be welcome.

I had two credit cards with Egg that were both terminated whilst not in default. I was one of the 160,000. I have since received the usual harassment from Fredericson and then Bryan Carter. This morning I received a claim form for Northampton County Court which I have to respond to for one of the cards. Has anybody else received something similar and how did you deal with it. I obviously intend to challenge it on a number of fronts eg enforceability and the fact there is no agreement in place to enforce anymore. Is this just another level of scare tactic they employ? Are they not running a big risk if they are not successful?

Any advice would be welcome.

This should have been resolved long before it got to this stage, however, one has to deal with a situation as it is.

If I received a claim such as the one you have received, I think I would respond as follows.

( I assume it is a claim you answer online)

Log in to the online court service. If by any chance it is not an online response form, contact the court and/or whoever served the claim form on you, and let them know you wish to respond online. Then you will be provided with log in details.

When you log in you will find a page headed Defence and Counterclaim.

Question 1. will ask How much of the claim do you dispute.

Tick the box which says I dispute the full amount.

Question 2 asks Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? Tick the No box.

In box 3 Defence, say something like,

There exists no contractual agreement of any kind between Egg banking PLC and myself.

Egg Banking will confirm to the Court that in March 2008 (or whatever the date was) Egg Banking chose, of it's own volition and solely for it's own reasons and outside the terms of any provision contained in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and in the absence of any default by my in respect of any provision of the Act, to terminate it's contractual relationship with me.

In light of the above, it would appear that in serving this claim on me, Egg banking has acted with gross incompetence and possibly in breach of The Consumer Credit act 1974 and Data Protection law and OFT Debt collection guidance and other regulatory measures and credit industry codes of practice and legal standards and rules of the court.

Let me know if you dont understand any of that.

Regards

Thanks Toymaker and Hopster, all advice is really appreciated.

Hopster - Do you know if there has been a test case brought from any of the Egg customers who had their aggreements terminated and if so the outcome? I have searched for hours online but to no avail.

Toymaker - I have tried so hard to deal with this well before now. I was in contact with Egg up until July of last year but it got to a stage where they just refused to answer my questions. I got all the way to the Chief Execs office - but still no answer. They even put in writing that they would no longer discuss my "complaint" with me as they had come to their decision. All communication with Egg stopped in July 09 and I heard nothing until the start of this year when I started getting phonecalls/letters from Bryan Carter/ Fred Int. Since then I have phoned Fred Int and Bryan Carter but they always want loads of personal details which I refuse to give out so never get far enough to discus the matter. I did make it clear to them, giving a ref number, that the accounts were in dipute.

I fully understand your advice, and really appreciate it. I was already thinking along similar lines. Just a few questions...?

Should I put my full defence down now straight away? Should I go into the ins and outs of it or just keep it short and simple?

Not to complicate also...I have it in writing from them that they wrongly applied PPI to both credit card accounts but they would only apply it to my card accounts as refund whereas I wanted it returned as cash to my bank acc. When they refused to discuss my case anymore I couldnt challenge this any further although still have the letter staing they wrongly applied it and were willing to refund it. They have not taken this amount into consideration in the amount they are claiming, they have not deducted it.

Hope this doesnt complicate things!!

Should I put my full defence down now straight away? Should I go into the ins and outs of it or just keep it short and simple?

Not to complicate also...I have it in writing from them that they wrongly applied PPI to both credit card accounts but they would only apply it to my card accounts as refund whereas I wanted it returned as cash to my bank acc. When they refused to discuss my case anymore I couldnt challenge this any further although still have the letter staing they wrongly applied it and were willing to refund it. They have not taken this amount into consideration in the amount they are claiming, they have not deducted it.

Keep it short and simple. - what I put in my post set out all the relevant facts of the matter. Egg cannot deny that defence. From what you have posted,It is a simple and straightforward fact that Egg terminated your Egg card outside the provisions of the CCA 1974. That is all you need to say in box 3 when replying to the Claim.

Leave the PPI as a separate issue. it will only confuse the issue to bring it into this particular claim - keep it for another occasion.

The words I suggested put Egg into an impossible situation. They will have to explain to the court the full circumstances and reasons that they terminated your agreement when you were not in default.

I would be surprised if it goes much further.

Anyway keep it simple and to the point - always. and dont bring in extraneous matters. (e.g. PPI is extraneous to their termination of your agreement)

Do it online as soon as possible - tonight.

Regards

Thanks Toymaker and Hopster, all advice is really appreciated.

Hopster - Do you know if there has been a test case brought from any of the Egg customers who had their aggreements terminated and if so the outcome? I have searched for hours online but to no avail.

Toymaker - I have tried so hard to deal with this well before now. I was in contact with Egg up until July of last year but it got to a stage where they just refused to answer my questions. I got all the way to the Chief Execs office - but still no answer. They even put in writing that they would no longer discuss my "complaint" with me as they had come to their decision. All communication with Egg stopped in July 09 and I heard nothing until the start of this year when I started getting phonecalls/letters from Bryan Carter/ Fred Int. Since then I have phoned Fred Int and Bryan Carter but they always want loads of personal details which I refuse to give out so never get far enough to discus the matter. I did make it clear to them, giving a ref number, that the accounts were in dipute.

I fully understand your advice, and really appreciate it. I was already thinking along similar lines. Just a few questions...?

Hi aj.

Use the link below and start a new thread in the legal forum.

Legal Issues - The Consumer Forums

Top left side of the main menus is a grey button that says 'New Thread'.

Click that (when you're ready) and start a thread.

Good luck,

M :)

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Keep it short and simple. - what I put in my post set out all the relevant facts of the matter. Egg cannot deny that defence. From what you have posted,It is a simple and straightforward fact that Egg terminated your Egg card outside the provisions of the CCA 1974. That is all you need to say in box 3 when replying to the Claim.

Leave the PPI as a separate issue. it will only confuse the issue to bring it into this particular claim - keep it for another occasion.

The words I suggested put Egg into an impossible situation. They will have to explain to the court the full circumstances and reasons that they terminated your agreement when you were not in default.

I would be surprised if it goes much further.

Anyway keep it simple and to the point - always. and dont bring in extraneous matters. (e.g. PPI is extraneous to their termination of your agreement)

Do it online as soon as possible - tonight.

Regards

Personally, I got my PPI money back from Egg, after all the expected ceremonial shouting and kicking by them and refusals to pay initially. They sent me a sound file of the sales conversation with one of their sales agents in which I clearly stated that I worked abroad and so they eventually had to complain. However separately, I disputed the CCA enforceability. By the way, Egg cannot unilaterally call a dispute settled and "close" a complaint just because they say so. Keep the complaint going and that way, they cannot lawfully pass the account to third parties, such as DCAs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks