• Tweets

• They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Monika the first four pages of the Private parking section have at least 12 of our members who have also been caught out on this scam site. That's around one quarter of all our current complaints. Usually we might expect two current complaints for the same park within 4 pages.  So you are in good company and have done well in appealing to McDonalds in an effort to resolve the matter without having  paid such a bunch of rogues. Most people blindly pay up. Met . Starbucks and McDonalds  are well aware of the situation and seem unwilling to make it easier for motorists to avoid getting caught. For instance, instead of photographing you, if they were honest and wanted you  to continue using their services again, they would have said "Excuse me but if you are going to go to Mc donalds from here, it will cost you £100." But no they kett quiet and are now pursuing you for probably a lot more than £100 now. They also know thst  they cannot charge anything over the amount stated on the car park signs. Their claims for £160 or £170 are unlawful yet so many pay that to avoid going to Court. When the truth is that Met are unlikely to take them to Court since they know they will lose. The PCNs are issued on airport land which is covered by Byelaws so only the driver can be pursued, not the keeper. But they keep writing to you as they do not know who was driving unless you gave it away when you appealed. Even if they know you were driving they should still lose in Court for several reasons. The reason we ask you to fill out our questionnaire is to help you if MET do decide to take you to Court in the end. Each member who visited the park may well have different experiences while there which can help when filling out a Witness statement [we will help you with that if it comes to it.] if you have thrown away the original PCN  and other paperwork you obviously haven't got a jerbil or a guinea pig as their paper makes great litter boxes for them.🙂 You can send an SAR to them to get all the information Met have on you to date. Though if you have been to several sites already, you may have done that by now. In the meantime, you will be being bombarded by illiterate debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts as well as being hung drawn and quartered. Their letters can all be safely ignored. On the odd chance that you may get a Letter of Claim from them just come back to us and we will get you to send a snotty letter back to them so that they know you are not happy, don't care a fig for their threats and will see them off in Court if they finally have the guts to carry on. If you do have the original PCN could you please post it up, carefully removing your name. address and car registration number but including dates and times. If not just click on the SAR to take you to the form to send to Met.
    • In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us] 1 defendant   Which Court have you received the claim from ? County Court Business Centre, Northampton   Name of the Claimant ? LC Asset 2 S.A R.L   Date of issue – . 28/04/23   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for –    (1) The Claimant ('C') claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and opened effective from xx/xx/2017. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('CCA'), was signed by the Defendant ('D') and from which credit was extended to D.   (2) D failed to comply with a Default Notice served pursuant to s87 (1) CCA and by xx/xx/2022 a default was recorded.   (3) As at xx/xx/2022 the Defendant owed MBNA LTD the sum of 12,xxx.xx. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to C effective xx/xx/2022 and made regular upon C serving a Notice of Assignment upon D shortly thereafter.   (4) And C claims- 1. 12,xxx.xx 2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from xx/01/2023 to xx/04/2023 of 2xx.xx and thereafter at a daily rate of 2.52 to date of judgement or sooner payment. Date xx/xx/2023   What is the total value of the claim? 12k   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes, but amount differs slightly   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. DP issued claim   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not that I recall...   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not that I recall...   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Yes   Why did you cease payments? Loss of employment main cause   What was the date of your last payment? Early 2021   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No   -----------------------------------
    • Hello CAG Team, I'm adding the contents of the claim to this thread, but wanted to open the thread with an urgent question: Do I have to supply a WS for a claim with a court date that states " at the hearing the court will consider allocation and, time permitting, give an early neutral evaluation of the case" ? letter is an N24 General Form of Judgement or Order, if so, then I've messed up again. Court date 25 May 2024 The letter from court does not state (like the other claims I have) that I must provide WS within 28 days.. BUT I have recently received a WS from Link for it! making me think I do need to!??
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

FOS - delaying complaints?

tifo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is it with the FOS and their time wasting on credit card claims? Is there something going on that we don't know about?

I've had nearly all my complaints take over 5 months now and in that time the banks have been given up to 3 months to respond, that's after the FOS take 2 months getting round to looking.

All the cases have been with an Adjudicator so i have been able to call and chase up progress.

From 1st Oct all credit card cases are being handled by a 'charges team' specially set up to chase banks (so they say).

This means more delay as they will have 1000's cases to go through and the months and months of waiting for a response from the bank seems to have been wasted, even though they assure me that the case will be picked up where it left off (yeah, but when will it be picked up again?).

I'm not a happy chappy at the moment.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I passed my CAPONE to them in June, received one offer which I rejected on 16th August. CapONe wrote to me saying that they had not heard from me since they made their offer. As a result I emailed the person dealing with at the FOS only to be told that someone else is now dealing with the claim. The best of it is during the period June until a couple of weeks I have been getting really stupid letters from CapOne and the last one I received really p..... me off. I emailed it to FOS and said to them CapOne strike again. That did get a response. We will write to CapOne and tell them that they must not chase payment until negotiations have been settled. However, the offer they made paid off the balance and a small cheque to me.

Like you I am totally confused with what they are playing at.

they keep passing it from department to department.

i've been assured over the past few months that the bank 'will respond anytime as their delay is unacceptable'. Now that it's passed to a different team again i get the same response as at the beginning, in that they have written to the bank and cannot provide a time for when they will get a response.

is there anyone to complain to about the FOS (apart from themselves)?

i don't want them to phone me, i can call them anytime and have a chat.

i want the cases to move forward, not be stuck at the 'waiting to hear from the bank' stage for months. How can they justify that after 4 months and yet keep asking us to wait?

if you ask direct questions on the phone, they bottle out and say they will write to you .... more delay ....

i can make a complaint to the Independent Assessor if i like at the FOS.

i will do that as i'm not happy being told the bank will respond 'this week' after waiting months, only to be told it's now with a different department and matters seem to have gone back 4 months.

so the banks have had about 7 months to respond now and nothing ....

I must say the Adjudicator that phoned me about Lloyds was very helpful. I am having trouble with FOS and CapOne and yesterday CapOne issued another default notice, had one removed already. I sent off an email to the FOS last night and I have not minced my words with them at all. I understood from the FOS that they had spoken with CAPONE and told them not to write any more letters to me until negotiations had been sorted, however, I am getting weekly letters from Capone. See what they have to say when they pick the email up tomorrow.

• 4 months later...

I have been affected by FOS decisions to allow the banks to pay my full refund, and even unlawful default compensation, to the DCA, despite them being a third party to my complaint and no amount currently owing to the bank. I am losing around £10k in total and a year and a half of time spent making claims.

In one case, where i have 'settled' with the DCA (they closed the account instead of paying me compensation so it's a cash payment in a way to them) the Ombudsman has stated that the refund would still go to the DCA, citing that my settlement is a seperate matter and nothing to do with them, otherwise i would be gaining unfairly because i didn't pay the bank this money. I don't understand how i would be gaining as i have 'paid' the same money to the DCA. And the matter is not seperate because the bank has already made the DCA a part of my claim by allowing the bank to send them my refund.

In another case, i settled the whole amount (which included charges) with a part payment. The FOS allowed the bank to keep my refund in addition to letting them keep the money they awarded me as compensation for an unlawful default.

All the FOS's decisions are based on their own guidelines which in turn should be based on law. These 'guidelines' seems to change depending on what the bank says and hence the decision is made.

How do i (or anyone) get access to these guidelines as they are significantly affecting me (and a lot of other people)?

Secondly, the FOS close a complaint after an Ombudsman has reviewed a decision (which is exactly the same as what the Adjudicator made) and state that is the final word and i have no recourse on it as an Ombudsman's decision cannot be reversed. This would seem to indicate they are above the law even if they make a flawed decision. Even the court allows appeals and decisions can be overturned. What can i (or we) do?

I understand that under the rules of natural justice and the Human Rights Act, a complainant is entitled to see all the submissions and evidence a bank makes to the FOS in a complaint made by the consumer.

The FOS have stated this information would only be sent when an complaint is ongoing. Once it has closed they cannot send you the information.

I asked for this information when a complaint was ongoing and was refused. I have again asked for this now that the complaint has been closed (i don't accept the decision) and am being told i would have got this if the matter had been ongoing.

I have recently asked on another complaint which has only just had a decision made a few days ago but looks like they won't send me the info.

What can i (we) do to get this type of information?

subscribing. This is an interesting question to which I too would like to know the answer :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Reply received for information i requested for an ongoing complaint. Now i am being told the matter closes when an Ombudsman makes a decision, so i can't have the info. This means i have been given no opportunity to accept or decline the offer from the bank which seems unusual as all other decisions allowed me 14 days to make up my mind.

Previously this request was declined because i made it on a closed complaint.

Another example of contradictions? You can't get the info if the complaint is open despite them telling you you are entitled to it. You can't get the info if the complaint is closed.

The same person has told me only last week that the complainant has 28 days to accept or decline an offer after a decision is made, so why not now. Maybe because i am requesting this info?

received this reply :

you can complete and return to this office the settlement form. He would then make arrangements to send it to the firm and ask it to settle with you directly.

am i reading it correctly that they will ask the bank to send payment to me "directly"? I've been told by the same person that a decision is final and cannot be changed, but this would seem to change it.

i received the Ombudsmans decision a few days ago that payment will be sent to the DCA, whether i have a balance with them or not.

all i've done yet is ask for the guidelines under which such a decision is made and quoted CCA 1974 on unenforceability, which i quoted to them right at the beginning but they said it doesn't matter.

i can still accept the offer even though the matter is closed to discussion which would seem to indicate the complaint is still open, yet i have been refused the banks evidence on the basis that it is now closed.

looking into the future, does anyone think there is a case here to take legal action against the FOS for 'financial losses' sustained as a result of their flawed decisions which are (possibly) against their guidelines and the law? Of course, this is only when (if) i have more evidence against this.

this action could be per claim or all rolled into one, i.e. under £5k but over it with interest.

My case seems to have been passed to the Review team without me asking.

Letter received today from Ombudsman that her decision was fair as, on the face of it, the refund is for less than the amount written off by the bank/DCA. But, i did not say it was 'written off', i said 'paid' and i've sent proof. Apparently, paying a debt off does not matter to the FOS. If she looks at the evidence correctly, on the face of it there is no more debt for this account. This would seem to indicate that, again, they don't look at what the consumer says.

The Review team will only look at how the complaint was handled, not change a (possibly) flawed decision. But, the Legal team seem to have changed it after a few emails to them, so i need to confirm who gets the refund.

• 2 weeks later...
Think this might be a case to take to Michael Barnes, FOS "Independent Assessor"

I will do that, but they still say the decision cannot be changed, even if flawed.

Is it just me or do the FOS seem to be delaying credit card and business account complaints until the end of the test case?

It's been over 9 months on some complaints since they acknowledged receipt and over 6 months on some since they wrote to the bank. Yet, all i get every month is a letter stating they're waiting for the banks' response. How long should it take for the bank to respond, if not within 6 months yet?

I've asked them how long they would allow the bank to respond and was told they are not a regulator so cannot force the bank. What are they mediating then and what are their powers?

If i don't respond to a letter within 14 days, the complaint is closed and i lose my claim through them (i've had it on a few) and yet the bank seems to have forever. Why can't they be impartial and do the same to the bank?

Is the FOS 'fit for purpose'?

I've had a positive experience with FOS. They dealt with my Egg card claim in a reasonable amount of time. Hubby's PPI claim is taking a while, but it's the current 'thing' so i expected that.

I've also recently missed a FOS response deadline regarding my own PPI issue which they had not supported. When i emailed the case manager he did offer to transfer my complaint to a different team as there are many issues. He did this without me having to re-start the whole claim process.

As consumers we don't seem to have many regularory bodies on our side do we?

Keep at 'em that's my motto ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to let you know I had a bad experience with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

The failed to investigate my complaint properly and I have every evidence to support this. My wife passed away in 2005 and I needed time to grieve and felt it was time to tell these so called professionals that you not as good as you think you are.

My complaint was about the Zurich New Built warranty and I found their documentation misleading. I had lots and lots of problems with me new home and was even served a notice of contravention because my new home was in breach of building regulations.

The contract between Zurich and the developer was they would build the new home in accordance with the Zurich technical manual. The policy only makes reference to damage and major damage. What a worthless warranty this is. The Zurich technical manual says the new home has got to be built in accordance with the building regulations... when I bought the matters which were in breach of the building regulations they said its not covered under the warranty. I decided the take the property developer to court as a litigant in person and they had the biggest firm of solicitors representing them. I did not CARE I wanted to fight this all the way. It was a battle and I had done my home work.

At the end they settled out of court. When you read about the things in the media you realise how true it all is.

Whilst in proceeding Zurich gave the developer information which was breach of data protection act 1998. They claim to be independent????

Any I asked the Financial Ombudsman Service to investigate this complaint. THEY FAILED TO INVESTIGATE MY COMPLAINT PROPERLY and despite providing them with the evidence to support that statement I have made they told me I was time barred.

Limitations Act 2000 states I have upto 6 years but the Financial Services Market the FOS can dictate if they want to close the complaint whenever they want.

In addition to the above the Financial Ombudsman Service have immunity laws to protect them from claim for damages. Why do they need immunity laws to protect them if they are professionals?

I even sent two letters recorded delivery to the Independent Assessor and got no reply.

I even contacted Lord Hunt who reviews the FOS and they did not want to know. WHAT ABOUT CONSUMER PROTECTION AS THE ACT CLAIMS?

THEY CLAIM TO TREAT CONSUMER COMPLAINTS FAIRLY WELL IN MY CASE THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

Limitations Act 2000 states I have upto 6 years but the Financial Services Market the FOS can dictate if they want to close the complaint whenever they want.

In addition to the above the Financial Ombudsman Service have immunity laws to protect them from claim for damages. Why do they need immunity laws to protect them if they are professionals?

I've read somewhere the limit is 6 years plus 3 years from discovery, making it 9 years you can go back. It's on here somewhere.

I didn't know they had immunity laws, as they are a private company and having a law for them only would be discriminatory to all other private companies. They should be open to the same claims any company is, after all they can (and do) make mistakes, not that they ever accept they do.

I've got my MP looking into it and he's written to one of the Treasury Ministers to respond to my letter. I've taken the same issue up with the FOS.

This is what i've asked them today as part of a complaint review :

As part of the Review and complaint, i would like to view all of the bank submissions and evidence provided with regards to my request for a refund of penalty charges.

This is my right under the rules of natural justice and the Human Rights Act 1998. This has also been confirmed by your legal adviser xxxxx xxxxxx but she has declined to fulfill this request.

In addition, i would like to view the specific guidelines under which it is a 'fair and reasonable' decision to allow the refund to be paid to a third party who is unconnected with my complaint through your service, as my complaint concerned only the bank, and was not a party to my agreement with the bank while the account was active. If there has been any submissions from such a third party as part of my complaint, for example proof of their legal entitlement to this refund, then i would like to view this. However, if there has been no such submissions then i would ask you to look into why the decision is 'fair and reasonable' to pay someone who has not provided any legal proof of entitlement.

Hi

I have also looked at the Human Rights Act 1998 s6 Rights to a fair trail and also the European Convention Rights 6(1)

The case I found interesting was Ringeisen V Austria A13 (1971) 1 EhRR 455.

Paragraph 96 The applicant acused six member of the regional commission of bias.

Financial Services And Markets

2000 Chapter 8

Section 233: Data protection

452. This section inserts new subsection (4A) into section 31 of the Data Protection Act 1998. This is needed to ensure that the scheme operator does not have to disclose information it has obtained when considering a complaint brought under the ombudsman scheme if disclosure would prejudice the performance of its functions.

Check this out also

issue 64 - September/October 2007

Lord Hunt

ombudsman news

issue 64

September/October 2007

subject to scrutiny

I have often remarked on how well the ombudsman model has stood the test of time – largely unchanged since 1981 when the Insurance Ombudsman was first established as a voluntary scheme.

The key feature of that scheme – that it was a free service funded by the industry and that consumers should give the firm a chance to resolve a complaint before approaching the ombudsman – is now embodied in statutory form.

But it’s time to look at some other aspects of the model to see whether the Financial Ombudsman Service will be fit for purpose in the next decade. So we have asked Lord Hunt of Wirral to conduct a review.

He will be focusing on the openness and accessibility of the service to its wide range of customers and stakeholders and will be consulting widely. He could hardly be better placed or qualified for the role. Many in the insurance industry will know of Lord Hunt’s career as a leading insurance lawyer. He knows both the legal system and the insurance world, and was closely involved in the setting up of the Insurance Ombudsman. IFAs will know him as the founding chairman of the Association of Independent Financial Advisers, while others may recognise him as the current President of the CII (Chartered Insurance Institute).

He has had a distinguished political career as a senior MP and as a cabinet minister under Margaret Thatcher. So while he knows a thing or two about the financial services world, he can also bring the independent mind of a parliamentarian to this exercise.

Walter Merricks

chief ombudsman

This is needed to ensure that the scheme operator does not have to disclose information it has obtained when considering a complaint brought under the ombudsman scheme if disclosure would prejudice the performance of its functions.

I would disagree that asking to see evidence for your own complaint would prejudice the FOS in any way, except if it were clear that they are making biased decisions and have something to hide. This would go against their reason for operating, which is to be an impartial mediator. I would say they are far from impartial.

For example, bank makes an offer and the decision is made. The claimant can either accept or decline, no further options. That is not mediation because i haven't been able to look at what the bank has said and agree or disagree with it or provide further evidence before the decision, therefore i have been prejudiced against.

As the decision involves me losing a lot of money which i am rightly due and the DCA is not legally entitled to, the FOS decision is flawed, in principle and at law. I should be fully entitled to know how they came to their decision and what guidelines and law they used.

It is a 2 way process between me and the bank, it is the bank and FOS bringing the DCA into it for no reason. They are an outside company and play no part in my complaint.