Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • The letter is broadly find that you're not saying that you are asserting your right to reject the item. I think you should spell out them quite specifically
    • I didn't manage to speak to Bosch again, however I tried yesterday and they didn't call back.  I will call them again tomorrow.  I can also complete an online form to ask for a repair to the item.  However I will hold off on this and get them to do it verbally by calling tomorrow if I can, of course I will update.    In the instance about the card, yes there is a card on the account. The only one on the account is an Amex which they can charge, I can remove it for the moment.    In regards to the collection I spoke to them on chat and they have arranged another collection, however I did on this occasion take screen shots of the chat.    In regards to the two letters, I will send the first tomorrow - I have drafted this....is this ok?    Dear Sir or Madam, REFERENCE:  (order No. /amazon.co.uk - Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw I purchased a Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw  from amazon.co.uk. At the point of purchase I paid £271.99. The Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw is not of satisfactory quality. The item arrived damaged.  The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with amazon.co.uk that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 30 days I am within my statutory rights to ask for a full refund of the original cost paid. You have issued a returns label for the item but have failed to collect it, I have on numerous occasions requested the item be collected.  If this does not happen within the next seven days then I will begin to charge storage charges of £5 per day. Yours faithfully,
    • The recent timeline is:    18th April: DCB sent me an email informing me that they have submitted a DQ. (Evening of 18th, I replied to DCB, telling them not to contact me via email.) I then checked on MCOL which had no recent updates, but just checked MCOL today and it says:   19th April: DQ sent to you. 20th April: DQ filed by claiment.    Thanks again dx, but I'm assuming now that the case is definitely not 'stayed'. Will update if I recieve a DQ. (I'm assuming that Im now just waiting for DQ to be sent to me as there's no links on MCOL?)  
    • Really sorry this is a long story. I Ordered and paid for bathroom furniture on the 8th of December 2020. was told it would take a month which was why i needed to. Pay in full understandable. Month later come no bathroom stuff and no contact what so ever. Phoned them chased my order up myself. The sales manager said it would be here a week later but sink and vanity unit would be another month. February come no contact off them and no goods or delivery. Tried to phone them for yet another month with no luck what so ever. Finally got in contact with them after a number of emails. told me order was here and will be delivered next week. Delivery come on the 23rd of march with radiator and valves missing. Phoned up the manager again he said it should be there if not the driver must of not put it on the van so will get it delivered soon as. Yet again no contact until i went in the shop when it opened due to covid asking for it. When the manager had a look in the stock room he said that he can not find it so must not be here but then showed me another one that he said was bigger and more expensive but same colour obviously off someone else's order told me i could just take that. I replied that i just wanted the one that i ordered really. Went back in the showroom and checked the order on the system and said it should be here. I reminded him about a conversation where he said on the phone that it was here but the driver must not of put it on the van which he replied with that he couldnt remember that conversation or saying that then turned around to me and said that they have been issues with his boss or the owner who keeps buying property to do up and takes stock out of the warehouse for the property which at that stage i was very shocked. The manager then said he will order me a new one that would be delivered tomorrow and will phone me to let me know. Tomorrow come no phone call and no product. I was sent the wrong vanity unit that i ordered yet again manager made up a bull story that he told me when i ordered it that the supplier didnt have it in so ordered a 1 draw and not 2 draw even though the 2 draw one was on my receipt 🤔. I put a review on Facebook about the company They are blaming covid for the rubbish customer service and offered £50 and free toilet holder on the ground i take the review off the director phoned and saiid the review was unfair and and shocking then said that stock is stock its the companies until it gets delivered but yet i had paid in full for my order. What am i entitled to do here.
    • so all speculative invoices since that date should be refunded....ruddy fleecers!   dx  
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

  • Recommended Topics

Contract was signed but I wasn't given keys yet or paid- can I cancel?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I was tricked by a landlady to sign a 6 months let contract, when i specifically told her I needed a 3 month short let. We calculated the entire budget including the fees and the deposit based on the 3 months. She wrote it all down for me including the total, and we verbally agreed to it. I have this budget written down by her twice both by email and by hand.


The following day (two days ago) she gave me the contract to sign, which to my surprise was a 6 month with a break clause at the 3 months. I asked why and she rushed me to sign asap and assured me that the conditions were exactly the same as those of a 3 month short let. But they weren't- the bills are not included and I just realised yesterday. Also technically, the landlady has to accept the break clause at the moment of me leaving so there is a chance, technically, that I would have to pay 6 months if she does not. I just cannot take this risk.


I haven't paid the deposit, signed the inventory (because the door is broken and I didn't want to sign before it's fixed) or have been given the keys yet. I have tried to reason with her but she says that the contract is signed and has started (don't contracts start once I have the keys at least??) and that she expects the payment and that otherwise she will take legal action.


I don't know what to do. I am tempted to not pay anything because these people look like liars. I don't think they'd bother sueing me honestly, since I don't even have an income, a family member was going to pay by transfer. But wasn't this clearly unfair on me? Would I lose the case if they sued me?




Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Old_andrew2018


could you up-load the contract, taking off any personal details.

I am sure with this information available you will recieve valid advice.





Link to post
Share on other sites

If your instincts are flagging up something I would stay away.


For a contract to be effective it needs to have 'consideration' which means you need to get something in return. If you refuse to move in or accept the keys then you may have received no considerartion.


If they try to sue you they may ask for money they lost but they have a duty to try and find another tenant once they know you are not moving in. This will mean that they could only claim a smaller amount. I don't know how much though. It may well be that they can claim nothing!


If you decide to cancel this contract then make it clear as soon as possible in writing. Keep a record and make it clear that the LandLady tricked you. Don't accept any keys and stick to your guns.


Post here if you have any more questions or to keep us updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...