Can I Claim Charges Again?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

my o/h and I claimed our charges back last year from halifax.

In the past 10 months the charges have yet again been taken (I know this is our own fault but we are having many fianancial problems right now)

I am thinking about trying to claim these new charges (approx £1000) in less than a year.

Anyone able to advice us on us making a 2nd claim?

It makes me angry as they refund you in one hand and slowly just get it back in the other.

I know that when our claim was settled, we never signed anything regarding making future claims to them.

Thanks to anyone able to advise us.

shal

Hiya Shal12,

You can make a 2nd claim. :D

Just the same as your first one. Prelim and 2 weeks later, the lba.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi, thanks for advice. I have just been looking through the papers regarding our claim last year to halifax. I am confused about the letter we recieved when we accepted there offer. It states the following: "offer is goodwill gesture and is in full and final settlement of your complaint".

By making another complaint to them for further charges from same account, I am just wondering what their wording, full and "final settlement " actually means?

Has anyone here had any problem with this.

thanks everyone

shal

It states the following: "offer is goodwill gesture and is in full and final settlement of your complaint".

By making another complaint to them for further charges from same account, I am just wondering what their wording, full and "final settlement " actually means?

This is F &F settlement of your complaint up to that date. It does not mean that you are prevented from making a further complaint/claim in the future.

Halifax paid my refund without me going to court, and I signed a ffs letter. They have charged me a couple of times since for extremely small indiscretions and when I have called to say 'please don't be ridiculous, give me my money back' I get the standard patter of 'you have taken legal proceedings so we can't refund'. I have told them that I didn't actually get round to the legal proceedings but that I will be doing now as they have been so unreasonable.

I don't know whether you had to issue proceedings to get your first refund but suspect you definitely will have to for attempt number two.

Best of luck:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

thanks for advice from goldlady.

We did not have to take previous claim to court so we were lucky there, hope are second attempt for refund runs as smoothly!!!

Cannot see it somehow (lol)

thanks again

shal

I may be going off at a tangent but if you already have one claim pended would the courts take a dim view of another claim being submitted? I can't really see why as it isn't our fault they are stayed but does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Sorry if this looks like hijacking.