Bank charges on top of charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sorry relatively new to this forum but finding it extremely useful. However, my question is to do with bank charges and although i know that we are waiting for a court decision and i have previously successfully reclaimed approx £2k in charges from Smile we now have a problem with TSB who are charging us on their charges and they are going up daily and are now threatening all sorts. My question being is that can i still start the reclaiming bank charges even though i know they will say they are not responding until the test case comes in (which frankly could be years!). Do i still have to pay these charges as they have now made me £390 over my overdraft? I know this a small amount but its rising daily. Can someone tell me what my first step should be and a possible sample letter?

Who cares if they don't respond :D sod them. Send in your Prelim and LBA and then N1 route IMO. Nothing is set in stone now, so you must consider the possibility of a loss when it comes to court fees. If that's not a problem then your case will likely be stayed, but at least your claim is in the pipeline.

I'm afraid you do have to pay the penalties at the mo, because the FSA has allowed the swines to continue to impose them, and the banks are just milking that excuse to the max. Do call them though, and try to get a refund - not sure what LTSB are like with this.

Just think of the 8% interest going on till the test case ends. Not a bad return in the end. Who knows, once the judge has made his ruling (even if it is only the 1st stage) maybe the banks will quietly start settling. Always the optomist me.................