Link written - no CCA and no assignment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Link have written to confirm that they have no CCA for my Abbey Credit card taken out in the 1990's. They have not provided a letter of assignment either.

I have been paying them since 2002. I CCA'd them on 01/10/07 and got no response so have reported them to TS and FOS.

Can I do anything to reclaim all the monies that I have paid them over the last 5 years? And is there anything else that I should be doing.

The debt stands at £1,700 (after the payments I made to them).

They won't be getting a penny more.

I certainly don't know of anybody who has tried to reclaim the money paid...the only possible way would be potentially through the courts and for you to demonstrate that you paid under duress...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

The advise I have had is that you would be on shaky ground.

In theory there is nothing to stop you trying. I am told however that the court may take the view that such a claim is vexatious in that you owe £1,700 that you don't have to pay back, then you are trying to reclaim what you have paid.

I am not sure of the position in the case of penalty/dreamt up charges far exceeded the original debt. You need one of the experts for that.

David

Wasn't a reclaim the underlying basis of the case in Wilson v DTI?

Whist the HL ruled in Wilson V DTI that the credit agreement was unenforceable without ALL the prescribed terms, I thought what had triggered the HL ruling was the fact that the pawnbroker had to give back the asset pledged (a car) AND refund the money paid to recover the car. That meant that the pawnbroker lost out. He couldn't recover the money he had originally leant and he had to repay the money paid back to him to redeem the car.

The Court of Appeal felt that was unfair but could see no way round it, hence the appeal to the HL.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request