BT phone cut off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today we got cut off without warning because we havent paid apparently.

why do I not care about telling you this? because we had set up a direct debit in february to pay the account.

This was after they set up a direct debit unauthorised which went out and sent our bank account over drawn, so i rang played merry hell and got told a new debit will be set up, which seems to be a complete fabrication now.

So after being put through to 8 departments non of whom could find our details I ring complaints

She tells me tough you havent paid, so you cant have your phone back, I said but we set up a direct debit, but no we cant do that now because theres an outstanding amount.

Also she had our account details and number (which we dont have) but oh she cant let us have our own account number over the phone!

She will post it to us, but again non of thier so called post has got through to us! but she didnt beleive that either.

So basically we have no phone now until the middle of April as we have to pay the full amount not the direct debit amount.

I give up, i really do, I just hope our broadband doesnt get cut off in the middle of all this too.

• 4 weeks later...

for some reason the broadband with bt takes longer to be cut of than the phone.

bt have caught me out before with cutting my phone of. i rented my flat to a friend and never canc the phone or change the name over and he was late paying and i got cut of. when i moved back to the flat bt told me they would put a £50 call limit on my account. no problem until you realise they dont inform you that you are close to this limit and they dont always updte the web site info. i ended up getting outgouing calls barred and also lost my job at the time. to sort this out caused me no end of problems and it was about 8 weeks of no phone untill i had paid them and sorted out reconection charges. through out all of this time i still had bt broadband working fine

No, if the line is restricted rather than disconnected, BB can still work. But, obviously a full disconnection will follow a restriction if you do not pay the outstanding amount. Then the BB would stop too.

Bt customer services are absolutley diabolical.

Will be swapping over to sky next week. Yeah !!!!

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

you think Sky are any better?

alot of companies now days when they get big customer service seems to go down the pan.

I can't really say now days there are a company thats better.

You say your going over to sky, Sky may bill you, but its still a BT Line :eek:

Yes, Sky are much better.

The savings alone and their customer services are excellent!;)

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Yes, It's a £1 cheaper for line renats and 25% off mobile costs.

Shameless self promotion of what is an absolutely awful organisation, with possibly the worst customer service to match..

each to their own :D

I will try and make this simple;

I had BT anytime talk and Tiscali 2mb BB and decided to change due to service issues.

I downgraded BT anytime talk to their Basic Line Rental service. At the same time I activated Vonage VOIP accessed via Tiscali BB which gave me anytime talk.

The intention was to have Sky BB, Sky Phone (basic) and Vonage running through the Sky BB this giving me two telephone lines... vonage for business and sky for private.

Vonage offered to transfer the existing BT number to allow contunuity for the business to their broadband phone but they were not taking over the BT line rental. There were two numbers attached to the BT line so this seemed to be fine and we were not cancelled the account.

This would allow me to transfer the BT Phone to Sky later.

Unf BT have intepreted this as a cancellation and after receiving notification I phoned them last week was transferred around and kept waitint for over an hour and eventually cutoff while holding. I immediately complained via their website.

I got through to BT today (long wait etc) and they were very unhelpful stating i had to start a new 12 month contract so am basically going around in circles.

I have already instructed Sky who have written saying there is no BT line to migrate BB from even though they have a mac code and Tiscali have now written saying the BB has been cancelled.

Would appeciate some help here

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan