Good morning Ladies n Gents!, I think i'm in trouble.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can produce the agreement in court to catch them out for fraud – remember the time when you were reviewing your paper work and unfortunately you spilled a cup of coffee (unfortunately) over the prescribed terms on your copy – which of course renders the agreement illegible (well the important bits any way) and unenforceable.

or the dog got hold of it and found the Prescribed terms extremly edible rendering it illegible:p

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spilling coffee is a crime now? DAMN I thoughngt this govt were over legislating but it really is getting ridiculous

haha, but i'm more in favour to swing in the Bruce wayne's written book of the law. There's nothing like raw justice. Amen.

p.s i'm all for coffee spilling.:cool:

hi, sorry i know i jumped the bandwagon pretty late, but is it true that most if not all credit card agreements taken out before April 2007 are pretty much not enforceable?

The C/C companies started to get their act together from around 2004 so its a bit of a lottery. The closer you get to 2007 I would say, the higher the chances that they're enforceable.

Having said that, looking at one yesterday from early 2007 that would struggle in court.

David

Worth a try.... Project for 2009

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

interesting, most of my finance was taken out between 1995-2003..hmm i wonder

....and well you may.

Out of seven agreements I had dating from 1997 - 2001, (six credit cards, one fixed term), only the fixed term really stands a chance in court.

Even the fixed term has some issues but as these could well come down to the judge on the day and the ammount small, I've let it ride. The rest, totalling around £42k, got told to shove it.

Have a good 2009:D:D:D

David

I read about it on the Card Wipe out company website.

I've not posted the link as I know that's frowned upon by CAG, but I did pick up on the one big point they are not so quick to mention.

Taken from the FAQ's at the site mentioned:

How much does your service cost?

£365 for your first case and £155 for each additional case.

OUCH! Thank you and goodbye to Capital Debt Solutions if they want to rip off a massive fee, when you can do it yourself a heck of a lot cheaper with the help of CAG.

All they've done is to qualify the cut off point, with CCA's before April 07 being most likely to fail being enforceable. There will be exceptions, some have been shown to be valid from before that time, some that were completed afterwards are not valid.

However, the methods and laws these companies use are the same as CAG have supplied, free, for some time. All they've done is re-write the letters they use...

As with debt management, do not use a company who charge a fee, they're just lining their own pockets on the grounds that most people do not understand the law or methods required.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Taken from the FAQ's at the site mentioned:

How much does your service cost?

£365 for your first case and £155 for each additional case.

Not looked at the site but I assume it's similar to others in that the fee is payable upfront.

David

excellent chaps thanks for the input, i'm still wondering and pondering about my own debts. just to clarify, i was never interested in these kind of services..but just the unenforceable period...according to them. i found out about em (wipe out) as i skimmed the Credit online forum...they were moaning about em.;)

oh well.. it's a load of cow bab anyway...:)

• 6 months later...
T

For the record, Jaws.... I turned my back on several debts in a "previous life" and they never caught up with me. I had several postcards through the door, but they were ignored and that was that. They would be statute-barred by now anyway... I also know there was at least one CCJ from a previous address, but I've heard nothing in approx. 15 years and it's in no way connected to where I am now.

I know that makes me look incredibly irresponsible, but I had very good reason for doing it at the time.

Hope that helps...

:)

Hi PO,

it's been a while! Hope ya peeps still hanging around. An update, well i've done nothing about it. Funny thing is i just don't get stressed about it, i get some calls but never anything serious....pretty boring actually.

Still homeless, so i can't even get mail. No bank account. I feel like a bankrupt as i have been living like one since i turned my back on the debts 3 plus years ago. Well, what now? It would be great to send some cca's etc to find out wats going on, or do a credit check...but at no fixed abode..i can't.

I'm i still better off sitting it out or just going bankrupt? Ironically i've never needed to borrow money now i don't pay my bills..so i not bothered about credit..been self dependant for 3 years without it. i've learn't well.Also i if i ever needed to buy a house...doubt it, but my family will help with that.

Still it would be nice to see the mess i'm in via credit check wthout being tipped off by em. I don't want to use a friend or relatives address..forgot bout it. But i wonder if there's another way...PO box? or squatter house. :D

About me

1.Haven't acknowledged anything since being made homeless.(no fixed abode)

2.Don't claim benefits.

3.Owe £35 000 Unsecured debts (probably grown since a few years)

4. I just prowl around here in the hope that one day when i do come out of the woods i will have a good go at claiming some money back or cca'ing everyone with the ammo you wonderful ppl have supplied.

5. Unless i have already been made Bankrupt.:grin:

it would be great to hear from ppl in my situation.....plsss

Hi PO! that's right no benefits for 3 years and no bank account.

Well, without too much info i kind of street entertain..via music. I just look out for myself...never asked for anything from the gov, so i feel entitled to my own money...if you don't mind me saying so.

p.s not to forgot my friends are pretty helpful.

Lets not forgot the benefits peeps kept on delaying, stopping, delaying my payments...i simply had enough. Now i scrape by on my own..just..

It'll be a bit of a trawl but you can check whether you've been made bankrupt in the Bankruptcy Orders

Thanks!

Yes that is a trawl...haha, did it a few months ago...never saw anything..i'll try again tomorrow..thing is my last landlord (a old friend) would have notified me or parents if i got bankrupt..apparently my dad just sends the mail back. who knows.

its great to deal in cash too...interestingly i always feel better off then the ppl using cards to pay in supermarkets...also the 'Cash only' self service till is nearly always free..while everyone else has to join the mile long queue to use their credit cards..makes me feel elite.:)

• 2 years later...

Hey, how's things!! so now it's 2012!!

well a few more months to mark a 6yr anniversary of not paying squat!...

still no bank accout!!!

still no address!!

cool huh?

changed mobile number too. ah bliss.

What would you do without rich friends..

.and a skill called tap dancing to pay for food.

.haha This has taught me to live within my means,

it's the best thing that has happened to me.

Im glad i don't have that constant worry of dread...or nagging credit bills.

I don't care what anyone says.

.i've done my 6yrs living like a bankrupty case..

.but still not filed for it..

.i wonder if i should.

.ive got by till now..

.so would it be in any benefit???

Hope your well, hope to hear from you plssssssss : D

Well anyone still around who remembers me?

• 1 year later...

Hi Jaws,

I've read thru your posts & its nice to see you back again.

How are you doing now? You must be clear off all the debt you left behind by now, so you can start again with a clean slate. (been there done it myself)

Anyways hope that life's treating you well & wishing you good luck for the future.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rainbow & Brigadier!

Well i suppose i'm wondering is there anything left to do? I've been in the wilderness since 2006 sept.... still no fixed abode. never claimed benefits...i couldn't care less. though i should have been entitled. These people contributed to this dilemma in the first place. So i will never ever sign up again.

So what now i was wondering? What happens when i pull my head out of the sand? Need to show my mug sometime.

Many Thanks. Jaws

p.s one thing i have learnt is you don't need credit.. but then i dont have a house or car...or kids...even so...you can always save up.

You can always claim to be Lord Lucan and you will then receive some free accommodation at her Majesties pleasure.

These debts are only really a problem if they are enforceable and you have means of being able to offer payment. If you have need of social housing or benefits at any stage, then for these civil debts, if they are enforced in court, I doubt they would get very much more than a token amount, as you have to be able to meet your basic living needs, before any debt repayments.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the advice guys,

Yes i have not payed or made contact since 2006 august/sept with any of these loans/credit cards. Don't know what happened to my bank account. I wiped the slate clean. No idea. I basically left the town i was in for another and here i am again.

Hi Jaws,

I think it's time you got a basic bank account so you can start to rebuild your life.

The Cooperative bank do a basic bank account ( cashcard ) which does no credit checks.

It's called a Cashminder but you'll need an address and some sort of proof of where you are living. You'll need to go into the branch ( as long as none of your old debts are associated with them ).

This card lets you do direct debits and pay online...etc.. But is no frills..

You don't get an overdraft either and you mustn't go into the red.

I think this should be your first logical step to start getting back on track.

Sounds like all your debts are statute barred anyway.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Stormski

PS: DCA's and banks have a lot to answer for.

Hi Jaws,

I think it's time you got a basic bank account so you can start to rebuild your life.

The Cooperative bank do a basic bank account ( cashcard ) which does no credit checks.

It's called a Cashminder but you'll need an address and some sort of proof of where you are living. You'll need to go into the branch ( as long as none of your old debts are associated with them ).

This card lets you do direct debits and pay online...etc.. But is no frills..

You don't get an overdraft either and you mustn't go into the red.

I think this should be your first logical step to start getting back on track.

Sounds like all your debts are statute barred anyway.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Stormski

PS: DCA's and banks have a lot to answer for.

Hi Stormski!

Will this help my credit rating?

Thanks

• 5 years later...

**A very Quick update**

Thank you for the most wonderful help in those crazy dark days with a black sense of humor!

Somehow just somehow I came out of the shi*Storm nice and clean! I never filled a form, just rode the storm.

I've restarted my new life since 2014, no bother from anyone plus i have a clean 'Proper' bank account with the black horse- I rebuilt my credit with "aquacard" sensibly from what i learned on this website. All of a sudden I have excellent credit rating - it took 2 years. It seems the demons have gone......ahhhh life couldn't be better! Love you all x