Good morning Ladies n Gents!, I think i'm in trouble.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jaws. Are you registered at any address? Experian/Equifax need an address in order to verify you.

Also I don't think that experian/equifax send out the report to you via the post, you can view it online.

the only thing I can suggest is to either do as Maroon says and contact your local CAB or you could always give Equifax/Experian a ring and ask them for advice.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can still collect post from your old address you could use that one I guess. I know some of the sites send you a password by post.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Jaws. Are you registered at any address? Experian/Equifax need an address in order to verify you.

Also I don't think that experian/equifax send out the report to you via the post, you can view it online.

the only thing I can suggest is to either do as Maroon says and contact your local CAB or you could always give Equifax/Experian a ring and ask them for advice.

Hiya!

I'll try that but still not sure about CAB, it'll be next year till i get a response.:roll:

If you can still collect post from your old address you could use that one I guess. I know some of the sites send you a password by post.

Hallo! I may try the post redirection! It's got to work.:)

Help! Hi my parents received 2 letters for credit agencies in my name, the client is my bank, they have my original address from the student days,. what can i do about this? How the hell i'm i to inform them without acknowledging them?

What they should do is return to sender, unopened, after all, it is an offence to open someone elses mail :-)

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Lula, Oh bugger!, I just happen to be there in easter & i opened em! first time ever since doing a vanishing trick on the creditors! I thought it was good to do as a first step to coming to terms with my debt. So now i know of 2 creditors after me. Probably 6 more remaining.

O.k how about this then, My friend has told me to use correspondence only at his adddress. Is this a good idea??

Thing is the clients are my bank, an current account & credit card. Now i have every intention of getting back charges from my bank as the bill is about £2000..original overdraft is £1000. Also i don't wanna annoy the bank off, i've been with them since 1990!

I don't know if i can get another account either..So wld it be sensible to get some charges bck then start paying my overdraft back till it gets to zero?

Might speed things up with charges refunded.

What do you think????

:?

Does it say on the letters sent to your folks how much the bank overdraft is now?

I think it's ok to say 'correspondence only' and use your friend's address. After all if you are going to sort out charges etc you will need to receive letters from people;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Does it say on the letters sent to your folks how much the bank overdraft is now?(overdraft) Yeah it does, why?:???:

I think it's ok to say 'correspondence only' and use your friend's address. After all if you are going to sort out charges etc you will need to receive letters from people;)

When you say you 'think' it's ok to use 'CO only' what's your reservations???

Thanks for helping GL!!

I love the way they start the letter!!

Balance Outstanding XXXXXXXX

"We write to introduce 1st credit Ltd to you." Like i'm privileged or something ...hahaha

Hi Jaws, I just wondered how much had been added in charges since you last had any dealings with the bank.

Re the 'correspondence only' I was unsure whether the banks would accept that as a 'proper' address - that was my only concern. I suppose I was also concerned about DCA visits, although having said that I have had threats of DCA's calling on me many times and not one has ever shown up:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

i seeeee..:D

usually they are empty threats, also they gonna need some bottle coming here..i think the address may scare em off..if they know about crime rates...haha

Regarding charges, n looking at what i owe...i can tell you the bank has walloped an extra £1000 sheets on top of my overdraft limit!!!

As for their credit card...it's an extra £900 above a 1800 limit.

What you make of this then? not to forgot i can reclaim charges from 6 yrs back right?.will that put me straight with em? is it worth coming out of the woodwork for this and still not acknowledge creditors?? Or can i not do this with a C/O address?:roll:

Hi again, sorry been out all day. In the olden days I would have suggested that you could strike up a deal with the bank and get the account back in action. However now with all these activists :D claiming charges back the banks are not normally keen to negotiate in the way they used to. I had a natwest account that had £1000 of charges which were totally uncalled for (I was a quid short to pay a £5 dd to the RPSCA) and then just ignored the account and watched the charges grow. Eventually they refunded all the silly charges and we carried on our banking relationship happily ever after.

It might be worth a phone call to the bank - presumably your account is now with the debt management unit and they might be able to sort things out. I am really not sure how to advise you on this, presumably life is a little difficult without a bank account and if your folks are starting to get letters it doesn't help. Depending on which bank it is and who you actually speak to will unfortunately have a bearing on things as well:o. But if you come up with an offer to repay the original debt chances are they will consider refunding the charges.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi

Just subbing-Jaws has subbed to one of my threads

Good luck Jaws-get that address sorted because sorting it out takes a long time. I CCA'd my credit cards May 2007pIhave had one written off due to them admitting they had no CCA, the rest I am ping ponging letters at the moment. As for bank charges, I photocopied the information and letters from this site, took them to work (about 40 people work there) and 18 people got back various amounts, one in particular got back over £50,000(no really I am serious) and I think if people were honest with me they must have got back over £100,000 between us(I know I only said half the amount, but it does not matter really.) A wrong was righted and that is a good thing.

Gold lady -well done-brilliant siganture, I will be looking to find your MBNA cca, I am also pin ponging letters with them

Hi Gill, I had a farewell letter in June 07 re MBNA and have heard no more. Just started to stir things up cos between MBNA and Lowells there are 4 defaults on my credit file for the one debt, so I have emailed Experian and asked for three of them to be removed. Should really have asked for them all to be removed as there is no CCA but I would be quite happy if three of them went the distance.

BANK CHARGES

Others

also I don't think that experian/equifax send out the report to you via the post, you can view it online.

Hi Jaws-love your positive attitude:) Experian & Equifax will both send out reports by post if you request in writing. It costs £2.00 (postal order or cheque) but you will need to confirm your identity in the letter i.e. full name, d.o.b. and any previous addresses,also a current address to send the report to-your friend maybe? Hope this helps and good luck.

Ok so something about requesting your credit report rang a bell which may help in your case:D. This is thanks to Jon Chris-can't figure how to post a link so.... Only apply for your credit file if you have absolutely nothing to hide cos it may come back & bite you-very appropriate:D. Apparently CRAs like Experian & Equifax are constantly enlarging their databases of people's personal details and are 'finding' debtors who for one reason or another have fallen out of the radar (ring any bells?) therefore allowing DCA's to restart persuing. Quite a few people have reported that within a few weeks of requesting their credit file, they have been contacted by DCA. Coincidence?

Just logged on…So let me first thank you for your time!...really good to see some more advice, but as it’s late & I need to think before i reply, right now my head’s fuzzy & I can’t sustain a thought to type out!.

Goldlady: no worries, I don’t take your late replies personally, it’s just business…(Don Corleone):D

gill5blue Thanks for subbing too! Glad you could join.:cool:

moggieb I’m happy I’ve come across as positive, I believe it’s the only way…though we all have our human moments….:wink:

Spk soon about CRA implications!

p.s Debt Collectors if your reading this, don't hold your breath..:lol:

.. Only apply for your credit file if you have absolutely nothing to hide cos it may come back & bite you-very appropriate:D.

Hi!,

Hmmmm that’s the trick you see, what I owe to whomever, I don’t know 100%, I can guess but I don’t know till i see the credit report..What’s my options? What I’m intrigued in, is this….assuming I rarely paid on time:-

Then say I owe £10 000 in credit card debts to 6 creditors, then, I wonder roughly how much of this will be built up of unfair charges inc ppi's & maybe unenforceable debts..over the last 10 years:confused:

Hi folks!

O.k I was thinking about my basic plan of action, this is what confuses me the most, once I have this..i’ll get to work, so pls edit and move around the order till satisfactory as you think necessary. Please tell me if I’ve missed anything here!

PLAN A

1.Need a fixed address or will use C/O on friend’s address for communication

2.Open a new bank account

3.Get Credit report? (if I’m bankrupt..then game over for me?)

4.find out if any debts are Stat barred/ False

5.S.A.R’s to all valid Creditors (use templates offered on forum)

OR

PLAN B

2.Open a new account

3.S.A.R Barclays Bank ‘Only’ inc various BB loans paid back through the years?

4.Recover costs

5.Start paying back via agreement my account overdraft..if there’s still some left after recovering charges. Been with the bank 20years!! Though I understand it’s only 6 years recoverable.

6.Then proceed with PLAN A?

PLAN C

2.Get myself a new umbrella account if I can?

3.Stick my head back in the sand?

I’m I nearly on the right lines here? Pls help!

Decisions, decisions;).

I think Plan B sounds about right. I am not sure if you open a new bank account whether that will trigger things with the CRAs in the same way that asking for your credit report would. In which case your gradual progression to Plan A might happen a bit faster than you expect. :eek:

I know you can search the London Gazette online and you might be able to find out if you have been made bankrupt in your absence. This is a link to their site:

Home

The site is not the easiest to navigate and I'm not sure how successfully you can search if you don't know the date of potential BR.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Decisions, decisions

I think Plan B sounds about right. I am not sure if you open a new bank account whether that will trigger things with the CRAs in the same way that asking for your credit report would. In which case your gradual progression to Plan A might happen a bit faster than you expect.

I know you can search the London Gazette online and you might be able to find out if you have been made bankrupt in your absence. This is a link to their site:

Home

:o I wish i never asked, I've never been so terrified at the prospect of being bankrupt without my knowledge..It's appears to be a scary thought..the unknown..but I'm aware of it's implications and stigma's attached...which isn't too bad if you look at the bright side. I mean why would anyone want to borrow debt if you could?? Isn't that what we're trying to avoid in the first place?

I mentioned this on another post, but i'll say here...Debt is doublespeak for credit..n vice versa. So when you do see those disgusting ads offering you help...or to help you borrow more debt..it's beggar's belief they're not banned.

O.k i've avoided the issue so far...so let me go now and see if i'm bankrupt.:(:mad::o:D

I thought that was an excellent observation - the substitution of the word 'debt' for 'credit' - people would be less inclined to borrow money if the adverts said 'increase your debt with us...'.

I doubt that anyone will have made you bankrupt by the way. Happy hunting.

BANK CHARGES

Others

I thought that was an excellent observation - the substitution of the word 'debt' for 'credit' - people would be less inclined to borrow money if the adverts said 'increase your debt with us...'.

I doubt that anyone will have made you bankrupt by the way. Happy hunting.

Thanks! you can't beat a bit of Orwellian :wink:

Well well.....I don't want to sound disappointed, but i searched and searched, my surname is not a common one...so first i tried a common one for example and came up with thousands n thousands of hits under Bankruptcies.

So i type in mine....and only get 2 hits! Both live at the same address, must be a mr & mrs! But not me! I don't know how to take this...but it seems like good news right? I did it 20 times to make sure i didn't miss anything...but no...2 hits only.

why the paranoia? my secret reservation.....18~ months ago before becoming the 'man with no name & address' i opened a Amex letter.....being a virgin to all this legal talk lark, i read a letter requesting debt owed. I only remember the title on top..Gulp:o

:mad:American Express Vs Jaws :grin: - along with threats to make me bankrupt or pay up!.. words to that effect , but luckily i found a bucket of sand big enough to fit my head. Phew! Seriously though, i'm still wee bit disturbed by that...it's not everyday u see your name in that context next to a vampire giant..i was so naive i thought Mr.Bush was gonna be in the Jury. Hopefully that was a empty threat...or scare tactic..they didn't follow up.:confused:

I'll see if i can still find that letter...

Jaws I have three of those that say XX vs Goldlady and am fighting them at the moment. At the same time I have one that says Goldlady vs XX (same company) - they offered me £1000 last week and I said 'no' - couldn't believe I said it but they actually owe me £2000 so I am holding out for the full amount.

It all becomes a bit of a game once you have taken them on. As you have learned there are charges to reclaim, unenforceable agreements to argue about - it is a lot of work, but if your credit rating is stuffed anyway, as mine was, then what have you got to lose?

I am drinking a bottle of whisky my friend gave me for saving her £20K on her mortgage through mis-sold PPI. And preventing her house from being repossessed.

It is all about fighting back. I almost went bankrupt 18 months ago and would have done it until I found out that most of them didn't have enforceable CCAs. So whatever I manage to achieve is a bonus if you see what I mean:)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Goldlady, Excellent work you're doing with your charges! If i was that accomplished (as you) in reclaiming, i would feel like the king of the world!:D Thanks for your helpful post, it's does me alot of good in the head, reading what you've said. How funny, the sh*t was so big that it hit our fans simultaneously 18th months ago...i dare say 100's of others too! Luv whiskey too:D

In regards to Plan B to A...i see where your coming from with the 'triggering' domino effect on all my creditors...:confused: Wouldn't it be simple if i just owed ONE creditor..:rolleyes:

I suppose whatever i plan, sooner or later i'll have to invest in £50's worth of stamps, evenlopes, register post & printer ink etc just to keep em off my back. Hmmm

So another question just to complicate matters...i'm out of work at the mo, but i would be in self employment, I could claim Tax Credit or get Job Allowance, i've shot myself in the foot for not claiming for months..simply as i was fed up. Perhaps the bank wld be more forgiving if they knew this? Oh i don't know..just speculating!

I really need to think about this more, I truly believe that success lies in a proper organized plan, also will save me alot of time...this is my first time after all & being i've been in the wilderness all this time..i'm not about to blow it with rash decisions..i just wish i discovered this forum a year ago!!

O.k i must away,

I hope you don't get fed up with my questions..what would i do!!:eek:

Big thanks again!

Dum Dum Dum Dum

Jaws :-D

p.s Regarding total amount of debt i have, I don't know if it matters but if i cld pay back 12p in every £1, then full settlement wld be £3000~..that wld be a result eh?

I read something similar to my thoughts a week ago on this forum...What really stops us becoming DCA from home (plenty of info how to do this online) and buy our own debts????

Gosh! look how much i've written, i bet if i was on the phone i could say all this in one paragraph...I should thank my lucky stars this forum isn't exclusively available on mobile phone internet...imagine txt'ing!!!! Arghhh

I think the problem here is mainly where to start, you stated that you could have been made bankrupt in your absence, when you stop and think about it would that really be such a bad thing although bankruptcy is a very serious matter, and is something I wouldn't really support as I am pretty much up for the fight myself with all these DCA's.

However had the thought of making yourself insolvent entered your thoughts? It would certainly put to bed any debt you might have, my first step would be to bite the bullet with the CRA's, do it online if you have to, I'm sure experian do a free full report viewable online for 30 days, but you do have to have a debit card to do it, this way you wouldn't need to give a forwarding address for your report all you would have to give is your previous addresses but give one of those addresses as your current. Next I would find out using the report how much of the debt is statute barred or un-enforceable. before deciding if bankruptcy is a viable option.

Hi Nicolee! Welcome to my thread!:D

Let me tell you, bankruptcy has crossed my mind as i got no assets, no family, no house....etc Infact i have been living like a Bankrupt for the past 18 months...no banking privileges or credit. In that time i've learned about 'living beyond my means', Struggled here n there..but made it through.:D

To date Lessons learned....How to survive without credit...& still have a good time.:D BUT.

if i did decide for insolvency, then why shouldn't i reclaim as much as i can, throw in some unenforceable debts to the mix...cut my debt considerably...pocket some change...then file for bankruptcy:D Surely this makes tooo much sense. At least then, if you decide to pay back the debt, you could get annulled quicker than with original debt..if that was the plan.

Anyway, it's a plan but it's not my plan yet..

CRA:

Perhaps i should use my 'Prime' mastercard pre-paid..? to view online..dunno if it would work, but worth a shot? Could i get the report for £2 online?

no sure about the £2.00 report being viewable online, but the free for 30 days is exactly that if you cancel it before the 30 days expires. Its worth a shot, and because it is online the only address you have to give is your previous address and the current address being your last known fixed abode.