Good morning Ladies n Gents!, I think i'm in trouble.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't believe, i've never spotted this site before!! How wonderful the fight is, for a good cause.

I got to say i'm a tad overwhelmed by this forum, so much info indeed..smashing stuff though!

I'm not sure where to start but i'll give a little info here, so perhaps one may point me in the right direction to make a thread in the right forum.

In a nutshell. Once upon a time.

i once payed my bills.

Self employed, was on tax credit and housing benefit. (benefits stopped cos i never handed in something. been messed about far too often)

Fed up with the benefit systems, i stuck two fingers & left london, became homeless.

in the meantime, interest n charges built up & i could no longer keep up with payments.

Debt collector's hell hound dogs on my trail. I have NEVER answered the phone in all this time. i have never collected my mail from the previous address. Because i was ONCE terrified!

So here i am 1 year and a couple of months later..still alive...and haven't thrown myself under a train..why? because i do not care for banks anymore. My life is worth more than Numbers on a screen. But i want to build my life again and hit the banks with everything i've got as they contributed to where i am right now.

Thanks for reading & your precious time!

Kind Regards,

p.s Oh is it possible i might be going to jail for this? It is on my mind.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon Jaws75 and welcome to CAG. First things first you need to have a read of the links I have posted below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/76852-new-then-please-read.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html

As for your questions, you really need to get some info on your debts. What you could do first is to get your credit file from Experian. Once you have done this, you can then let us know which area of help you need. eg debt collectors or claiming for bank charges against a specific bank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thank you both for the replies, o.k i'll need to read up on the links later tonight, Yes credit checks is must i guess. I must sort this mess out...thanks again for the pointers!

Nice sparkling pink bog roll there lula! you wouldn't find that in jail! :)

Spk soon!

bye!

Nice sparkling pink bog roll there lula! you wouldn't find that in jail! :)

Spk soon!

bye!

I wouldnt know :rolleyes::grin:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi,

when filling in the applications for Credit checks,

what address do i put down,

if i'm officially homeless & without dropping anyone else in trouble?

Will these debt collectors suddenly start sending their crap through the post.

Note: i haven't been in touch by phone or letter for nearly 16 months!!

Oh boy..

though i've registered to this site,

i do feel i've got a mountain to climb...

i just want to get things done.

.but also have a few thousand questions.

..it all seems too complicated.

i.e i'm reading post's that relate..

but then it keeps on opening new/old doors and directions to how i should go on to sorting out anything.

it never stops :?.

.i wish i could just talk on the phone to someone for 10 mins.

My prob is,

personally i don't feel it's simple with my case,

because of past 'head in the sand' attitude i had..

.leaving it sooo long.

.not signing on for Jobseekers because i held a grudge with them for doing me over,

i can't stand em.

.thanks to them i had to leave london cos i couldn't pay my bills or rent..

.if it hadn't been for them stopping and delaying, i would still be there.

In fact that council is notorious for their foul play...inc gambling..i suppose i can't mention them here.

Bear in mind i had a job, but was layed off, i was classed under self empolyed, so that was too complicated for the benefits office.

once they stopped, so did my tax credit. everything Snowballed.

..blah blah blah.etc etc/ I'm doing my own head now:evil:

So maybe i can get some payback to reduce my debt huh? We'll see.

Anyway thanks for reading.:-|

Thanks again,

Jaws

p.s confused. Here's an example of my dumb thinking...

from what i gather, if a debt is 6 yrs> old, you could write back and say "i don't acknowledge it" right?

my thinking would be...hmmm if that's the case,

then why don't the debt collectors simply bankrupt you before the 6 years pass,

so you don't get away with it????

I'm sorry i just don't get.

Told you i was thick!

Edited by dx100uk

Hi Jaws, I'm not to sure what you can put down as an address for credit checks if you are of no fixed abode. Whether the site lets you put in the last know address (this is the one where you were last registered at and last had credit/bank account etc).

As to your PS question - alot of DCA's have bought up loads and loads and loads of old debts in the hope that they will get the money. They probably buy them at a really silly low price, so any money they can squeeze out of the unaware people, they make a little profit. The 6 year thing only comes into play if no contact/no payments were made during that six year period, then it becomes statute barred. A lot of people are not aware of this and just either set up a payment plan to repay the debt or just pay it off in full.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I wonder if you could use a 'poste restante' address at a local post office. I did this a lot when I was travelling abroad and presume there is some similar setup for people travelling in the UK. Worth asking the post office.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Jowalshy thanks for making the DCA info, i really do appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Having said that i have never read a letter sent (they are going to my last address, perhaps i should do the credit thingy in there?) or answered a call since 18month but i received 3 letters at my parents address..as a student i must have given my parents address.

Anyway one of the letters is from Debt Regal cigs Ltd & their client barclays bank. it's my only bank account..which i stopped using when i fled London.

Anyway i could have sworn my overdraft had a £800-£1000, so why do i owe £1,780? In anycase i need another bank account probably an umbrella one, how do i go about getting one? On applications it states your not allowed to have 2 accounts:-? But it appears many ppl here have one.

Regards,

Jaws

I wonder if you could use a 'poste restante' address at a local post office. I did this a lot when I was travelling abroad and presume there is some similar setup for people travelling in the UK. Worth asking the post office.

Thank you Goldady! I'll look into that!:)

Hi Jaws I would suspect that the form means you can't have more than one basic bank account, as I am sure you can have as many bank accounts as you want otherwise. I think your Barclays account will be loaded up with unenforceable charges since you abandoned it:p

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi Jaws I would suspect that the form means you can't have more than one basic bank account, as I am sure you can have as many bank accounts as you want otherwise. I think your Barclays account will be loaded up with unenforceable charges since you abandoned it:p

I get it, in other words i tick the box "NO" when they ask i have another?;)

I learning to love the word "unenforceable"

Oh can i make an account using a friends house address i'm lodging in?? Also can DCA's be able to trace me if i open a new account?:grin:

What address are you going to use for your nice new account? Cos that will be registered with the CRAs.

BANK CHARGES

Others

What address are you going to use for your nice new account? Cos that will be registered with the CRAs.

So in so many words, "i'm screwed" for living like a hippy and managing not to sponge off benefits for the last year, even though i was due it? I hate the system. This is one of the reasons i'm in this fine mess...along with snowballing charges i can't afford to pay back! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry too much. After all if you are a lodger with no assets what can they do? If they do track you down then you can refuse them permission to visit the house, they won't have your phone number, so let battle commence.;) You will have to come out of the woodwork one day.

BANK CHARGES

Others

I think that's my problem, i don't worry enough, but i should :D

Perhaps i should carry on using the last address and have my post redirected?

Also interested in this poste restante/ PO box stuff.

So i must be correct in thinking the first thing to do is get those Credit check info on me?

Who know's if someone may have made me Bankrupt by now! oops. At least my probs would be different to what they are now.

I appreciate you taking your time to post here, thank you

best of luck - keep us posted;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

I will! What fun this will be! :rolleyes:

p.s Anybody! Pls contact me if you are in the same situation!, we can help each other, together we can crusssh the Empire and rule Galaxies!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Vaughan, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, err... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all."

When i go to Experian, it says it will verify if i'm the person applying after signing up...how do they do this?..

Can i use a pre-paid card to buy the report? I don't have any account or card.

Apparently you can't ask anyone else to pay for you. :evil:

Also as i've said before, I don't have an address i can use, unless it's o.k to use a friends address, I definitely are not giving my parents address, so what are the implications of this?? Can i use this C/O thingy on ppls address? What does this exactly mean? Also i'd have to collect the report from the old address as i'm reluctant to supply my lodging one. Could i get a post redirection to my friends address? Will they allow it?

What choices do i have to even start getting back on the road to recovery?

Maybe it's better if i just stick my head back in the sodding sand. :???:

Thanks for reading!!

Hi, Jaws.

Have you tried having a word with your Local CAB Office. They should be able to put you straight on a few points.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No, never heard a good thing about them.

Thing is i wouldn't care for this report, but i need info on who to chase for charges. Must be another way around this.

Thanks for helping though! Maroon.