Me v capital one

tracyab1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya folks

I was just wondering how long it took for you all to get your statements from Crap1.

I sent my letter over 2 weeks ago, which is fine, but they haven't even cashed the cheque. Do they normally send them at the last minute???

Cheers

Tracy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi It Took Them About 3 Weeks To Send Out My Crap One Statements. And They Did Not Cash My Cheque As Yet

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Hi

I phone Crap 1 yesterday for my statement and unusally for them got to talk to someone quite nice (makes a change).

I asked her if she could tell me when I should expect them, she tapped away and replied that they were currently working on the 26 Mar, as they are having a lot of requests (hmmmm wonder why huh)

Hope this helps!

I'm in the exact same position. I have sent my request 30 days ago and still no statements to be recieved. They have about 11 days left. I will be phoning TONIGHT !

Capital One SAR sent-15.03.07. Info recieved-13.04.07

Barclay Card SAR sent-15.03.07

WORK IN PROGRESS :cool:!!!;)

they took 31 days for me, entered all the info into the simple spreadsheet, waiting till i have a day when I have a clear head before I attempt to calculate the contractual - if anyone has managed this with cap 1 feel free to pm me ;)

Took them 38 days for me (sent them Royal Mail special delivery guaranteed by 1pm - so cost them a bit). Unfortunately they only sent me 9 months of transactions details from May 2002 to January 2003.

I would think this is either a stalling action or just incompetence as their probably quite harrassed at the moment with the number of SAR's.

So LBA in post.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Took them 38 days for me (sent them Royal Mail special delivery guaranteed by 1pm - so cost them a bit). Unfortunately they only sent me 9 months of transactions details from May 2002 to January 2003.

I would think this is either a stalling action or just incompetence as their probably quite harrassed at the moment with the number of SAR's.

So LBA in post.

Rory, I've just returned home to the EXACT same thing. I've recieved it today , recorded delivery too, and it dosen't look as though it's a complete set of statements :evil: I'm so annoyed. Although, I think they just send you statements with the charges. Thing is, they are not actual statements. They just look like actual printouts bulleting the charges... it's not an actual copy of the statement like the one you would recieve monthly

They don't have to send you statements but I'm assuming like me you asked for a full list of transactions and charges on your account. Bullet points are fine as long as they give you all this info.

Personally I don't really care if they do default on my LBA as then I can take them to court and seek damages as well as a court order.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Right, well I just looked carefully through it all and yes they did state out specifically the charges ... £300 quids worth too :confused:

How do you know the charges are complete if they have not given you a full list of transactions for each month you have had an account with them?

Didn't you ask for a list of all transactions for the history of the account including any charges. They haven't complied with this so let them know in no uncertain terms that what they have supplied you with is not good enough and does not fulfill the requirements of your SAR.

LBA required I think

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I would be grateful for any help here if possible.

I have just received my SAR from C1 and need some help with my Prelim letter.

I have calculated the late and overlimit fees they have charged me which amounts to £452.00. My question is- do I ask for contractual interest at the prelim stage and if so, how do I work this out??

Cheers

Tracy

hello

i have used vamps spreadsheet number 13 and claiming cci at the rate of 34.9% as stated on their website. you need to state that you are claiming this from the word go, so yes from the prelim letter

hope this helps

Hi Tracy

On your statements you should see figures like :

1.850% for purchases and 1.904% for cash. . . or simular figures, left hand side below your monthly transactions. What some people do to make it easier for compounded contractual, is add the figures together and divide by 2 for an average.

So : 1.850 + 1.904 = 3.754% -: 2 = 1.877%

Type that into this calculator at the bottom and it will give you the rate you need for your spreadsheet. This figure is what they have charged you as an APR..

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for that guys:)

Aviator, I have got a statement and checked the figures and the only thing I can find is Purchase Interest charged at 2.549%. I cant see anything about cash... Can you help further??

Thanks

Tracy