just printed off the DPA letter

ethel_bloggs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes please can you send it to [email protected]

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Copies scanned and emailed today.. sorry for the delay it's been a bit hectic here the last few days :)

I've also received the allocation papers from the court and am wondering whether to just email the solicitors and suggest they save themselves another £100 costs by paying up now, as I read tonyross did.

I'm just not sure how to word it if I do :s

ok........ this is what I wrote..... just waiting for reply or sommat to happen now :D

Further to your correspondence of 7th June, which included your defence, please be advised that I am now in receipt of the Allocation Papers from the County Court.

I would like to give you the opportunity to settle this matter without the need to go to court, thus saving yourselves a further £100.00 in costs. I will accept payment into my account of £****** + interest which currently stands at £***** + costs of £120.00. In addition, a further £**** was charged to my account on 9th May 2006 which I would also like refunded, which makes a total amount of £**** to be paid into my account by the close of business on Friday June 16th.

Please let me know your decision.

Yours Sincerely

I think what you have written is great and i think from the info i have gathered here is that this will only strengthen your case as you are giving them more opportunity to pay without court action.

I think what you have written is great and i think from the info i have gathered here is that this will only strengthen your case as you are giving them more opportunity to pay without court action.

here's hoping.. I must admit this is the part of the whole process which has made me most nervous cos I was afraid of saying the wrong thing and ballsing it all up, hehe

From what i can gather form here i really think you will win and get your money back "Consumer power"!!! what they are doing is illegal and they need to be punished for their corporate greed get into them!!

Regards

adamski

Just keep to the plan, if you follow all the advice on here you will not go far wrong, i think your last letter will be your final one, can't wait to hear that u have won!!

All the best

adamski

well...... the deadline came and went..... no response to the email and no money in the account... not sure whether to resend in case they ddint receive it or just go ahead with the allocation thing now :S

hmmmm weekend came and went and still nothing, not even a confirmation that they read the email. Am gonna resend it and give them til thursday I think. Allocation papers have to be in by the 27th sooo......... we shall see

Might be worth giving them a ring Ethel?

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

yeah I was thinking that too reload but I'm not very confident on the phone cos they bamboozle me and I forget everything I've read and learned here :s I really dont want to let them make me look/feel like a fool, know what i mean?

The allocation questionaire has to be in by the 27th so I've given them until the end of wednesday to do somethhng and we'll go from there.

meanwhile, if I do manage to screw up my nerve and ring them then I'll post it here.

sorry for bad typing, i'm on the laptop and the keyboard is tiny, lol

Just imagine the person on the other end of the phone is naked. Usually works for me.

But yeah, know what you mean. I've had a fair bit of experience working in callcentres, and on the rare occasion when the person calling new more about what I was doing than I did - it totally threw me!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

You have to inform the court of any settlement offer. If the solicitors renege on the deal, you'll then be able to inform the court as such and carry on the case.

As far as the confidentiality goes - there can be no imposition of confidentiality until you have agreed (IE: Signed) it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks