Tesco Home Insurance - Won't Pay Up !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4urbabies, you will probably get asked to start a new post.

Have you been through the FOS, or just spoken to their helpline?

You’re not liable for this incident, if you dropped or threw the bed on the car it would be a different matter, the fact the wind snatched it out of your hands was an "act of God". The same goes for the roof tile, unless there is proof that your neighbour knew the roof tile was loose, brought it to your attention, or could prove you knew it was going to come off in the near future, there is no negligence. If proven you knew about the roof tile, or in the same way you went out with the bed knowing it would be blown away, then that demonstrates recklessness, potentially giving reason for your insurer not to cover you.

Whilst guilt may have played it's part (I think in many ways you did an admirable thing), guilt alone does not determine liability.

Mwynci, I really feel for you in your situation. You sound like very decent, conscientious

people, and, most unfortunately, the nicer a person is, the more the unscrupulous is apt to

take advantage. Having had dealings with this riff raff company, myself, as well as learning of

the experiences of other sources, Tesco Insurance, is ~ Not, an honorable service

to deal with. The only way to deal with them is with a " verbal " sledge hammer approach :-x That's what I did in the end, and guess what, they responded ~ Immediately , not

only with apologies, but with a full amount cheque !:whoo:

Wishing you the greatest of success in your claim, you have ~ Every right to it !

Hi,

I have today had a letter from Tesco insurance telling me that in order for them to consider my claim further, They require a statement from the third party and their insurers, detailing the nature and extent of the damage to the vehicle.

Well I suppose that means they are willing to re consider my claim but my neighbor never went through his insurers and did not want to do so. I suppose I could get a statement from them as to the nature and extent of the damage but with out a statement from thier insurers will that be enough?

They have given me 8 weeks to sort it or they will close the file.

The info I got from gizmo, I found profoundly useful. This was one point I raised in my letter to

Tesco Insurance, about their old ploy ...,, cheating people on the least technicality. How about telling them

that you will expose their dishonesty in your local newspaper. They could lose countless customers

through your grievance. Reputation means an awful lot to these big bux companies. I know for sure

I would never touch them with a barge pole again !

The more you know about their dirty dealings, the less likely they are to ride

rough shod over you. This has been my experience, sure pays off.....