Knowledge is Power, so say CRA's ....

tifo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quote-

the appending of a generic risk score or "collectibility score" is useful in summarising the credit stress that the individual is under which will often help identify whether they are susceptible to particular approaches and then determine the effectiveness of a course of action

a disgusting confession of how our data is being abused and used as a weapon to generate more money for DCA's.....

these guys have got to be reined in big style....

Here's a little extra about our pals the CRAs:

CRAs join forces on fraud repair - 07/03/2008

id_investigation.jpg

The three credit reference agencies are to work together to offer identity repair services for free, following an agreement brokered by the National Consumer Council.

The move was prompted by the massive government data breach last year. The credit reference agencies are understood to have rejected government proposals for a service to help victims as expensive and impractical, instead drawing up their own plans using existing capacity.

Experian, Equifax and Callcredit have agreed to join forces to provide a one-stop shop to help identity fraud victims. It means that victims can make contact with just one of the three credit reference agencies, which will then alert the other two agencies to the fraud on the victims’ behalf.

Each agency will then work with victims to mend the damage caused to their credit reports by fraudulent activity and contact all the lenders involved, to ensure that any fraudulent information is removed.

The news came as part of Sir James Crosby’s report on identity assurance, published yesterday.

Is everybody reassured?:eek::cool::mad:

(Will try on old computer in a minute P1 - hope I can get it!)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

So where does the data come from?

Craig advocates the use of trusted and impartial sources

such as the recognised Bureaux: “You can then be sure

that all data complies with current legislation and was

collected in line with the data protection rules.”

Yeah right. Trusted and impartial my *&"£!:mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

All they can get is a few mathematical sums to decide if a debt is worth pursuing, and unfortunately where it is those people are likely to be able to afford solicitors.

None of these agencies hold data showing who has access to the internet via home/work, or who goes to agencies such as CAB.

At the end of the day, perhaps they should explore which tactics actually lead people into finding out their rights, when they do it will be obvious who is not really their friend after all!

Can someone tell me, is it necessary for these CRAs to have a signature before sending out my file info?

I wrote to all 3 and 2 said they need my sig before supplying my info. If i'd applied online they wouldn't have had it would they?

I'm wary in case it is shared with a dodgy DCA.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

ask yourself this question-why are they asking for your signature?Could it be that perhaps they don't actually have anyting to substantiate their allegations?:)

that would never happen,and they would NEVER photoshop your signature to produce a document of course...

perish the very thought!!

/sarcasm "off"

Another way of looking at this is that.... CRAs have "rejected Government proposals for a service to help victims as expensive and impractical". Yes... because anything set up to actually protect the little people is not financially viable, is it ? :cool:

However, they will "join forces..." so that "victims can make contact with just one of the three credit reference agencies, which will then alert the other two agencies to the fraud on the victim's behalf".

"Each agency will then work with victims to mend the damage caused to their credit reports by fraudulent activity and contact all the lenders involved, to ensure that any fraudulent information is removed".

This seems to be more about protecting their friends in the "old boys' network" than anything else.... After all, who's interests are more likely to suffer the most as a result of fraud ?

ask yourself this question-why are they asking for your signature?Could it be that perhaps they don't actually have anyting to substantiate their allegations?:)

that would never happen,and they would NEVER photoshop your signature to produce a document of course...

perish the very thought!!

/sarcasm "off"

Thank you for confirming my suspicions - these people make you so cynical don't they? I shall be returning all forms with my initials only :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Can someone tell me, is it necessary for these CRAs to have a signature before sending out my file info? .

Don't know about this one, had it myself and didn't return the forms. Experian asked for 2 original paid bills and photocopy of passport or driving license.

They'd been happy to send me my credit report many times before.

Anyone know if their request is lawful and what the DPA says about this?

After all, they have to send the data to the same name and address as on the records .... already confirmed through data reporting by their clients and the voting register .... so why do they need 'evidence' of identity?

These bits are interesting ... has the CRA already determined that the DCA legally owns the debt and is entitled to chase the debtor and apply for a charging order? If they have, can we get this proof as the alleged 'debtor'?

For example, one that has been heavily indebted with multiple lenders for many years will respond differently to one who has only recently become a debtor of a single lender. A family man who has resided at an address for many years will react differently to a single man who relocates on an annual basis. Determining the type of debtor you are dealing with enables an experienced collector to tailor the collection process in such a way as to expedite payment sooner.

For example, a search of the Land Registry can confirm whether the debtor is the owner of the residence.

the appending of a generic risk score or “collectability score” is useful in summarising the credit stress that the individual is under which will often help identify whether they are susceptible to particular approaches and therefore determine the effectiveness of a course of action

You can then be sure that all data complies with current legislation and was collected in line with the data protection rules.

Is it lawful for a CRA to pass this 'data' on to a DCA?

When do we have an agreement with a CRA and they have permission to pass this data to whoever pays for it?

Most of this is fairly obvious stuff - it's just dressed up to sound as if it's the result of some sort of impressive research.

I have the impression that Herr Obermaier and the rest of the unsavoury gang of self-congratulatory turds at DBSG have a rather higher opinion of themselves than those outside. Just like the CSA, they are at pains to try to make their work look as if it isn't really the most unsavoury end of a grubby industry in which harassment, bullying and acting outside the law and regulatory rules are standard practices.

Well as it's already well known that the CRA's own DCA's, then it's likely they're sharing data behind closed doors already.

It's like a spiders web, and lots of fingers in each others pies.

After all they're all looking out for each other like an old boys

network usually does.

Its been reported on here a number of times that when you

send a request for a copy of your credit file, not long after

a few old and buried debts suddenly reappear.

Bit to much and too often to be a pure coincidence?

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related