• Tweets

• Hi   I assume this mattress was the Tenants own property?   So after moving out the Tenants provided an attachment showing a stained mattress and wanting full deposit back and threatening to claim against you for this.   1. Tenants failed to notify you of this stained mattress issue until the end of tenancy after they had vacated the property.   2. You have no evidence that this was the actual mattress used in that property nor evidence to back up there claim the staining caused this mattress damage.  (i.e. one of them could have had an accident and wet the bed or done this when they moved from the property).     3. Ask them that you wish the mattress independently inspected. (which you are fully entitled to do and if it proves this claim is false it will be added to the deposit claim by you the landlord for damages as well as the Garden if you need to get landscapers in to carry out the work that should have been carried out by Tenants as per Tenacy Agreement and raised  by yourself (Landlord) on a few occasions which Tenants failed to rectify even at end of tenancy.   4. Ask them to provide you with the contact details of there Contents Insurance Company (tenants whether Private or Social Housing should always take out and have Contents Insurance but is up to that tenant) bet they don't provide it Big question is the Deposit protected in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and those Tenants that have left were given a copy of the Prescribed Terms for that TDS? (Bear in mind you may need to tell TDS that you are in dispute with the Tenant about damages i.e. mattress and Garden)    
    • plenty of time to research and calm down. nothing much to do until the end of june.    
    • well ...... 1st you need to go back to post 1 and carefully read ALL this thread from the start again and pay attention to the advice and the undertones it explains about 'debt'.   2nd ...the truth is you owe no-one ANYTHING, the OC wrote off and sold the debt, and got most of it back against tax and business insurance schemes ...throw the morality card out the window...the OC did by selling the debt on for <10p=£1. and the DCa want the full balance ...id so many fools stopped paying powerless DCA's tomorrow, the whole industry would collapse overnight.   3rd the only reason this is still around your neck is because you failed to follow given advice...had you ..it would now be statute barred.      ^^^ very important research the M+S credit card debacle using our enhanced google searchbox on this page   as for the PAPLOC reply,   D.. desipte a previous CCA requests, the claimant has yet to supply any/all of the required paperwork.   i: delete [CC is attached to this reply form]"   
    • Hi again   Yes, it's been a lovely day weather wise.   Guess you've better things to do with weather like today than help with this problem, so thanks very much for your input, it's very much appreciated.   Late this afternoon I did receive a reply from the tenants, and they are asking me to go 50/50 with getting the garden sorted, not only that, as they have moved away they are expecting me to get the quotes.   Regarding you view on this issue, its so easy not to see the whole picture and my thoughts that the staining damp may be of their own doing didn't occur to me as I was so locked into the historical leak. Taking a closer look at the room in question today, I'm convinced that they are trying it on with the stained mattress- they did mail through a picture and then a receipt for supposedly the mattress. My wife and I then took both the pic and receipt to the bedding store where purchase was made to ask if the two married up, the picture does not show any emblems/manufactures logo or such to prove that this is the case, so we are none the wiser- our thoughts being that the stained mattress is from elsewhere.   A few days back I spoke to our letting agent regarding all of this, as was quite correctly mentioned there are two parts to this equation, namely the mattress and then the property.   Our agents mentioned to me that as an inventory was not carried out initially with the let, (hindsight) the pictures that were used to advertise the property could not be used as evidence to present to the TDS to be compared to the pictures now as there is no proof that the advertising pictures were in fact how the property was when the let started. I mentioned that all digital pictures have a means of finding when that pic was taken- Geo tag/Metadata- agent was quite surprised by this. The agents thoughts then went for a hide in a vacuum-   This is going off at a tangent here-many moons ago my wife studied computer science at a local University, one of her classmates who she is still in touch with is now a practising Solicitor. My wife suggested that maybe I give her a call, a bit rude I guess, but I did  phone and with the pleasantries out the way  I asked for her opinion of the best way to get this sorted. Her remit isn't landlord type stuff, however she will speak to a colleague on Monday and come back to me.   The property is due to be relet on the 21st, we will ensure that the new tenants move in to a home that is immaculate and welcoming, trouble is its getting a tadge close to get the garden issues sorted in time.   I know that all this will get closure in the end, but at the moment I've had more fun with a toothpick-   Again, many thanks.
    • The collection is currently stored at curator James Blower's home, but he has now found a space situated in an old bank premises where he hopes to exhibit them from this autumn or early next year. View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Knowledge is Power, so say CRA's ....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quote-

the appending of a generic risk score or "collectibility score" is useful in summarising the credit stress that the individual is under which will often help identify whether they are susceptible to particular approaches and then determine the effectiveness of a course of action

a disgusting confession of how our data is being abused and used as a weapon to generate more money for DCA's.....

these guys have got to be reined in big style....

Here's a little extra about our pals the CRAs:

CRAs join forces on fraud repair - 07/03/2008

id_investigation.jpg

The three credit reference agencies are to work together to offer identity repair services for free, following an agreement brokered by the National Consumer Council.

The move was prompted by the massive government data breach last year. The credit reference agencies are understood to have rejected government proposals for a service to help victims as expensive and impractical, instead drawing up their own plans using existing capacity.

Experian, Equifax and Callcredit have agreed to join forces to provide a one-stop shop to help identity fraud victims. It means that victims can make contact with just one of the three credit reference agencies, which will then alert the other two agencies to the fraud on the victims’ behalf.

Each agency will then work with victims to mend the damage caused to their credit reports by fraudulent activity and contact all the lenders involved, to ensure that any fraudulent information is removed.

The news came as part of Sir James Crosby’s report on identity assurance, published yesterday.

Is everybody reassured?:eek::cool::mad:

(Will try on old computer in a minute P1 - hope I can get it!)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

So where does the data come from?

Craig advocates the use of trusted and impartial sources

such as the recognised Bureaux: “You can then be sure

that all data complies with current legislation and was

collected in line with the data protection rules.”

Yeah right. Trusted and impartial my *&"£!:mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

All they can get is a few mathematical sums to decide if a debt is worth pursuing, and unfortunately where it is those people are likely to be able to afford solicitors.

None of these agencies hold data showing who has access to the internet via home/work, or who goes to agencies such as CAB.

At the end of the day, perhaps they should explore which tactics actually lead people into finding out their rights, when they do it will be obvious who is not really their friend after all!

Can someone tell me, is it necessary for these CRAs to have a signature before sending out my file info?

I wrote to all 3 and 2 said they need my sig before supplying my info. If i'd applied online they wouldn't have had it would they?

I'm wary in case it is shared with a dodgy DCA.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

ask yourself this question-why are they asking for your signature?Could it be that perhaps they don't actually have anyting to substantiate their allegations?:)

that would never happen,and they would NEVER photoshop your signature to produce a document of course...

perish the very thought!!

/sarcasm "off"

Another way of looking at this is that.... CRAs have "rejected Government proposals for a service to help victims as expensive and impractical". Yes... because anything set up to actually protect the little people is not financially viable, is it ? :cool:

However, they will "join forces..." so that "victims can make contact with just one of the three credit reference agencies, which will then alert the other two agencies to the fraud on the victim's behalf".

"Each agency will then work with victims to mend the damage caused to their credit reports by fraudulent activity and contact all the lenders involved, to ensure that any fraudulent information is removed".

This seems to be more about protecting their friends in the "old boys' network" than anything else.... After all, who's interests are more likely to suffer the most as a result of fraud ?

ask yourself this question-why are they asking for your signature?Could it be that perhaps they don't actually have anyting to substantiate their allegations?:)

that would never happen,and they would NEVER photoshop your signature to produce a document of course...

perish the very thought!!

/sarcasm "off"

Thank you for confirming my suspicions - these people make you so cynical don't they? I shall be returning all forms with my initials only :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Can someone tell me, is it necessary for these CRAs to have a signature before sending out my file info? .

Don't know about this one, had it myself and didn't return the forms. Experian asked for 2 original paid bills and photocopy of passport or driving license.

They'd been happy to send me my credit report many times before.

Anyone know if their request is lawful and what the DPA says about this?

After all, they have to send the data to the same name and address as on the records .... already confirmed through data reporting by their clients and the voting register .... so why do they need 'evidence' of identity?

These bits are interesting ... has the CRA already determined that the DCA legally owns the debt and is entitled to chase the debtor and apply for a charging order? If they have, can we get this proof as the alleged 'debtor'?

For example, one that has been heavily indebted with multiple lenders for many years will respond differently to one who has only recently become a debtor of a single lender. A family man who has resided at an address for many years will react differently to a single man who relocates on an annual basis. Determining the type of debtor you are dealing with enables an experienced collector to tailor the collection process in such a way as to expedite payment sooner.

For example, a search of the Land Registry can confirm whether the debtor is the owner of the residence.

the appending of a generic risk score or “collectability score” is useful in summarising the credit stress that the individual is under which will often help identify whether they are susceptible to particular approaches and therefore determine the effectiveness of a course of action

You can then be sure that all data complies with current legislation and was collected in line with the data protection rules.

Is it lawful for a CRA to pass this 'data' on to a DCA?

When do we have an agreement with a CRA and they have permission to pass this data to whoever pays for it?

Most of this is fairly obvious stuff - it's just dressed up to sound as if it's the result of some sort of impressive research.

I have the impression that Herr Obermaier and the rest of the unsavoury gang of self-congratulatory turds at DBSG have a rather higher opinion of themselves than those outside. Just like the CSA, they are at pains to try to make their work look as if it isn't really the most unsavoury end of a grubby industry in which harassment, bullying and acting outside the law and regulatory rules are standard practices.

Well as it's already well known that the CRA's own DCA's, then it's likely they're sharing data behind closed doors already.

It's like a spiders web, and lots of fingers in each others pies.

After all they're all looking out for each other like an old boys

network usually does.

Its been reported on here a number of times that when you

send a request for a copy of your credit file, not long after

a few old and buried debts suddenly reappear.

Bit to much and too often to be a pure coincidence?

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related