• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HELP What is my next step PPI & FirstPlus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes it was thank you shame about joe jordan defecting to spurs also still at least now tony adams can get his own training team in now.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All.

Its been a long time since I posted as still waiting for something (anything really) from the FOS.

I sent my forms etc to them last May 2008 and still waiting. Has anyone else had to wait this long ? Last time I heard from them was November saying they were still waiting to allocate my claim to a team and an adjudicator.

Thanks

KaneCole

Hi KaneCole,

IMHO, I would not wait for the FOS and go down the court route! I did twice with First Plus and both times they gave in just before going to court :D.

I now have all my money back plus statutory interest.

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

• 2 months later...

Hi All.

Just a quick update to let you know I heard from the FOS today and after reviewing my complaints for both loans and PPIs they are upholding my complaint (has taken a year but worth the wait). They are now writing to first plus to let them put up any arguments against their decision and are giving them 2 weeks to respond. will let you know the outcome.

Kanecole.

Well done Kanecole that's great news lets hope they don't take to long to pay out. I sent my case to the FOS in March 2009 against Firstplus and had a letter from the FOS 11/5/09 saying it has now been allocated to an adjudicator.

Hi All.

Just a quick update to let you know I heard from the FOS today and after reviewing my complaints for both loans and PPIs they are upholding my complaint (has taken a year but worth the wait). They are now writing to first plus to let them put up any arguments against their decision and are giving them 2 weeks to respond. will let you know the outcome.

Kanecole.

Great news KC keep us posted:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Still waiting to hear from the FOS as to whether firstplus will raise any arguments, but was hoping while i am waiting if anyone can help me calculate what exactly I am owed. Have tried to use the spreadsheets but am struggling. The figures are as follows ;_

Loan details as follows :-

1st loan taken out 1st April 2005

Loan Amount £15000

PPI £3673.50

Total Loan £18673.50

Monthly interest rate 0.639%

Apr 7.9%

number of monthly repayments 120

Monthly payment £223.30

Made 8 payments of this totalling £1786.40 up to Dec 2005

2nd loan to increase borrowing taken out Dec 2005

Loan Amount £28500 (This shows first loan included at £16761.62)

PPI £6979.65

Total Loan £35479.65

Apr 7.9%

number of monthly repayments 120

Monthly payment £340.80 for cash loan

£ 83.47 for PPI

Total £424.27

Paid 4 payments of £424.27 totalling £1697.08 then had to increase term to 25years as could not afford it so monthly payment changed to £261.23 at same Aor of 7.9%. Made 8 monthly payments at this amount totalling £2089.84. Then in Jan 07 interest rate changed to 8.4% making monthly payment £271.76, made 2 payments at this amount then rate went up again to 8.7% making monthly amount £278.07. Again made 2 payments at this amount then rate went up again to 9.2% changing it to £288.34. Made two payments at this amount and then paid off the loan in Aug 2007 by remortgaging, the settlement figure was £33758.26. This is shown as

Total amount payable under agreement £85523.23

Less our rebate on early settlement £51914.97

Plus admin charge £150

Total amount to settle £33758.26

PS. apparently they gave me a rebate of insurance of £1219.72 in the settlement figure of the 2nd loan for settling early

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kanecole

The FOS have a formula for calculating what you should receive back.

I claimed but got my sums wrong so it would not be appropriate for me to try and do your calculations.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks Alanalana.

I was just concerned that i didnt know what I should be claiming. Do you know with regard to the interest that I will get back the interest charged for the PPI plus contractual interest on top ? Or will it just be the interest charged ?

Thanks

Kanecole .

Thanks Alanalana.

I was just concerned that i didnt know what I should be claiming. Do you know with regard to the interest that I will get back the interest charged for the PPI plus contractual interest on top ? Or will it just be the interest charged ?

Thanks

Kanecole .

IMO you should be asking for the PPI payments made over however many months plus the interest they added at their contractual rate and 8% statutory interest from the start of the loan to the date of acceptance of any settlement.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi. Quick update.

The fos have replied to advise me that although firstplus disagrees with their findings it is going to make us an offer in line with the fos findings and refund the ppi plus interest and the contractual 8%. Apparantly they are making as an offer of goodwill etc ...

They would not agree to pay the £250 compensation for distress and after checking with the fos, it would take about 6 to 9 months for the ombudsman to look at our claim we have decided to accept the offer without the compensation which will put us back in the position had we not taken either policy.

It has taken a long time but at least we will get all our money back.

Kanecole.

kane you are happy with that result so that is all that matters A VERY WELL DONE PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi. Quick update.

The fos have replied to advise me that although firstplus disagrees with their findings it is going to make us an offer in line with the fos findings and refund the ppi plus interest and the contractual 8%. Apparantly they are making as an offer of goodwill etc ...

They would not agree to pay the £250 compensation for distress and after checking with the fos, it would take about 6 to 9 months for the ombudsman to look at our claim we have decided to accept the offer without the compensation which will put us back in the position had we not taken either policy.

It has taken a long time but at least we will get all our money back.

Kanecole.

Well done KC :D when you get the dosh let me know and I will put a won on the thread title for you to post in ppi successes in the stickies.

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 1 month later...

Hi All.

Just to let you know we received our cheques this week refunding all our money and putting us back in the position as if we had taken out the loans but without the PPI plus interest. First Plus took 7 weeks to do this after agreeing but with a push from the FOS we got them. Another victory.

Thanks to all of you for all your help.

KaneCole

Well done:D

Can I add a won to your thread title now?

If it's a yes please post your success in the successes sticky at the top of the forum.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I logged on to a web site regarding the mis selling of PPI insurance and entered in my details. The company called me back some two days ago and said that I have an excellent chance of claiming the PPI contributions back.

They did some calculations and said that I would get £6,200 pound back, and save £8400 in future interest payments thats with them taking back 25% and the additional cost of £200 which is on a no win no fee basis. After mulling it over I have decided that I am going to do it myself, it cant be that hard (she says).

I am at the end of my five years and First Plus stated that at the end of my five years which will be in November this year I will be entitled to a cash back sum of £5,000. If the company could get me back £6,200 (after their 25%) then there is something not right isnt there.

The details of the loan are as follows:

Amount of Advance £21,000.00

Optional Payment protection premium £4,185.30

(Although I was told if I did not have this

Then I might not get the loan.

Total Loan amount £25,185.30

Monthly interest rate 0.716%

APR 8.9%

Estimates monthly repayments 300

monthly repayment £204.36

The monthly repayments has since gone up to £234.00

And the loan was taken out 26/11/04

Please help what is my first stage?

Thanks

2me2u2

Hello All,

I logged on to a web site regarding the mis selling of PPI insurance and entered in my details. The company called me back some two days ago and said that I have an excellent chance of claiming the PPI contributions back.

They did some calculations and said that I would get £6,200 pound back, and save £8400 in future interest payments thats with them taking back 25% and the additional cost of £200 which is on a no win no fee basis. After mulling it over I have decided that I am going to do it myself, it cant be that hard (she says).

I am at the end of my five years and First Plus stated that at the end of my five years which will be in November this year I will be entitled to a cash back sum of £5,000. If the company could get me back £6,200 (after their 25%) then there is something not right isnt there.

The details of the loan are as follows:

Amount of Advance £21,000.00

Optional Payment protection premium £4,185.30

(Although I was told if I did not have this

Then I might not get the loan.

Total Loan amount £25,185.30

Monthly interest rate 0.716%

APR 8.9%

Estimates monthly repayments 300

monthly repayment £204.36

The monthly repayments has since gone up to £234.00

And the loan was taken out 26/11/04

Please help what is my first stage?

Thanks

2me2u2

Hello the first stage is to start your own thread so there are no tangles with others on the forum.

Just click on this link, type in a suitable title for your own claim and hit the start new thread button and away you go.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

You are also right to reclaim the right yourself. Claims companies are jumping on the bandwagon and not all of them are playing fair.

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 9 months later...

Today we have received the following letter dated 31st March (quickest reply ever and no mention of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request))

"I have reviewed the details of your complaint and remain satisfied that the details of the PPI were explained to you correctly and information regarding the cover was sent to you for your consideration prior to proceeding with the arrangement.

I am therefore satisfied that you were provided with enough information to make an informed decision as to the suitability of the policy.

Nevertheless, having considered your complaint the senior managers of FirstPlus are willing to reach an agreement with you in an attempt to reach a mutually agreeable outcome.

In order to resolve your complaint, we are willing tooffer an enhanced rebate of the insurance policy. The enhanced rebate that we are prepared to offer you is calculated on a pro-rata basis of 78% of the insurance premium (22% being held back for the provision of claims and admin costs )

Would therefore like to offer you an enhanced rebate of £2500.43 in addition to the £1219.72 that was included in the settlement of your loan."

They have said at the end that the refund is made with no admission of liability by either the insurers or FirstPlus and is purely a gesture of goodwill. They also say that they are responding seperatley on the first loan.

What is my next response ?

This rebate was on the £6979.65 PPI on the 2nd loan and does not come near to what we lost and they havent added any interest. Cant work out how the £2500.43 is 78% either ?

Sally

What do they mean when they say they have retained 22% in respect of claims and administration. Did you make any claims on the policy ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D