• Tweets

• Thanks dx and jk.   I'll just ignore them. I did check the advice given in other threads but wanted to be sure that was still relevant to my situation.  Thanks again. Appreciate the support 
    • I've been on this site for eight years and I haven't seen one PPC case where a DCA turned up at the motorist's door. Even if they did they couldn't do anything, but in any case it's never happened. If you read this short thread you will see all the stages of the legal procedure all the way to winning in court, which is highly unlikely to be necessary in your case  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406892-highview-parking-anpr-pcn-claimform-urban-exchange-manchester-claim-dismissed/#comments
    • They upped the quote by £120 in the end, forcing me to go elsewhee
    • thanks I’ve not used this website before haha is the DCA the furthest they’d take this case? didn’t know if there’s a step up as they are affiliated with the FA. im clueless with this sorts of stuff so as expected it concerns me and would your simple advice be to simply ignore even though we’ve had a physical lettter through from soccersixes themselves 
    • a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type. moved to the gyms/Health clubs forum. not sure where you get the idea that any ole debt passed to a DCA gives them some magically power to make it appear on credit files..
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Chris Vs Lloyds TSB

Chris_gy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all completely normal so far. Expect a defence to be submitted on the last possible day.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then the questionaire was returned on December 4th and I recieved the allocation questionaire from lloyds today as of December the 9th. I was quite surprised to see that they had not ticked the box to allow an extra month for a settlement. I dont know if this is normal routine or what but guess I will just have to wait now.

Don't worry Chris. This is good news. The sooner your court date is the sooner you get your settlement! They have'nt defended a single claim in court yet remember, and there is absolutely no sign whatsoever that they are about to start now.

Have you got directions to submit evidance? This is your final hurdle, get your bundle off to the court and SC&M by the date specified and a settlement should follow.

You need everything from the court bundle in the templates library, all correspondence between you and Lloyds, your statements or account information, a schedule, the McNamara interview (templates - soundfiles) and edit this to suit your claim and add it to your bundle too - GaryH v Lloyds TSB - WON !! UNCONDITIONALLY !!!!.

You need 3 copies of everything. File one at the court, serve one to Lloyds sols and keep one for yourself (this should include the originals).

Get this all off and then ring SC&M and ask where their documents are. They should then say that the settlement is in the post.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hmmm I'm a bit confused. when I initially went to court to serve action upon Lloyds TSB I gave the court 3 copies of prelim letter with schedule of charges and there reply letter, letter before action letter with schedule of charges and there reply letter and the N1 claims form along with the revised schedule of charges to include 8%. The courts filed one set, they sent me one set and the other was sent to Lloyds. So do i have to send them all again? And if so who to?

I gave the court 3 copies of prelim letter with schedule of charges and there reply letter, letter before action letter with schedule of charges and there reply letter and the N1 claims form along with the revised schedule of charges to include 8%.

Your court bundle is a lot more than just the above. See here:

Basic Court Bundle

hi just looked at this "basic" court bundle and its 40 pages of law acts and case studies. there's nothing telling me what exactly i should be sending. do i need some kind of initial paper indexing everything? do i need to send in these 40 pages of acts and what do i do with them - are they evidence or just general info???

help me im stuck!!!!!

I got hold of the court but I'm still not sure what I intend to send. So far I have prelim letter and there response, letter before action and there response, list of scheduled charges. Do I need to include bank statements for evidence? And can I include all of the court bundle. Thanks in advance!

Chris, I already told you exactly what you need on post #35 of this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14487-chris-lloyds-tsb-2.html#post440198

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I probz have left it a little late but i have court date for 6th February leaving me till Monday Jan 22nd to get my court bundle sent off! So far I have all my correspondance with TSB including data protection right up to N1 claim form and revised schedule to include the 8%. Also I have included a revised form to match my criteria of the statement of evidence to include both parts of service charge and pre estimate. Does anybody know where I can not find the house of commons report and also the office of fair trading report, thanks. Also I think I just need to header the bundle with details of reference and also some kind of contents/index. I think I'm doing the right thing, thanks.

Yes, you are doing the right thing. Just make sure you get a bundle to the court and a copy to SC&M by the date specified!

The two documents are linked from the court bundle file - hover over the link then press enter or something.

Ok so far i have everything apart from the peter mcnamara audio file. The link i used here didn't work and besides and would prefer this in MP3 or WAV format for easy compiling to disc. If anybody has a copy please let me know. The house of commons bit i have decided to leave out, it doesn't seem to suggest much in my opinion, hope this will be ok! Thanks in advance.

Ok so far i have everything apart from the peter mcnamara audio file. The link i used here didn't work and besides and would prefer this in MP3 or WAV format for easy compiling to disc

TBH you're probably better off with just the transcript.Few courts have the necessary audio equpiment

Yes I couldn't get the link for the soundfile to work either. I assume if worst comes to the worst and you can't get a copy then the transcript will be sufficient enough.

We're actually a day behind you with our hearings - scheduled on 7th February - and are hoping to get our bundles sent off tomorrow. I'm going to be reluctantly sending them special delivery to SC&M which I imagine is going to be farly expensive - as we have three seperate claims we're having to do three seperate bundles. :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting yours done. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It should be:

Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell

Department SO

PO Box 499

Lower Ground Floor

1-5 Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton

East Sussex

BN1 3XJ

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok thanks, court bundle was sent on 18th January by special delivery so should have been recieved by next day. Final day for SC&M was 22nd Jan to issue court bundle thing but i haven't recieved anything. So yesterday (22nd) I issued letter and copy of court letter relating to non compliance and allowed them the 7days, so next monday 29th jan I will send letter to judge.