DWP alledged fraud. Co-habiting HELP!

Millennia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Was your b/f working when you were first accused of this if so would his employers not have a address for him, even if it is only for a little time it may help you

sorry not much use but our thoughts are with you best of luck

Billy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.. I am going to put in a complaint. They have set my trial date to 1 month after my appeal which means 2 trips back to the UK at a cost that will financially ruin my family and we just cannot afford.

Also.. going to the press.. where do I start?

• 2 months later...

OK.. An Update and probably the start of a whole new thread. I was taken to court charged with 'a failure to notify a change of circumstances promptly'. I WAS FOUND INNOCENT!!!!!! due to a lack of evidence.

A moth prior to going to court I had my tribunial appeal and lost. The decision was basically based on 'due to the absence of evidence, on the balance of probability, I was living with Mr X'

I then won the court charge above..

So far and within days of the court win, I have received a bill from the Local Authority for council tax AND a bailiffs letter (remeber I now live in France!)

On notifing my solicitor he says that despite being found Not Guilty' of failing to notify, they can still chace me for the debt??

How?? I am not guilty of failing to notify a change of circumstances because there wasnt a change! and they have no evidence to prove otherwise as I wasnt guilty of the crime!

At what point does law protect the innocent? It seems that the DWP and LA can make their own rules, reject any court decision because the outcome 'doesnt suit' and still pursue for a debt that I dont owe.

How do I stop this persecution??

I have passed it on to my solicitor. This is now becoming a persecution and I am sure that I have rights in law now?? They cannot just dismiss a court decision just because it 'dpesnt suit'. THEY took me to court and I won fair. They should accept that!

Hi Millennia, its been a long time for this to be still going but I know how you feel and like steven said I would start writing your complaints letters and keep fighting, you won in a court that should be enough, had you have lost in a court they would have been happy to accept the decision, and its about time these investigators and DWP & LA were held accountable.

Since my own investigation I have heard nothing, I had my 2nd interview in July and in August found out that there was a note on my file that I should have been advised to reclaim. I cant bring myself to after everything they have put me through and though everyone says if your entitled claim, I refuse... 5 months after my last received payment my file was still open showing me as being in receipt of income support even though I wasn't getting a penny. I was sent an interview for a work focused interview for a benefit I wasn't getting.And was informed today by southern electric they received payments towards my gas and electric even in august/september...I cant understand why they would still be paying my bills from a benefit I am not getting when they are aware I wasn't getting it as they were the ones who stopped it on a bogus investigation that they ended up dropping when they could produce the evidence. I think they know the f'd up big time, but I have made my complaints and am taking it through all the stages as someone needs to be held responsible. And now because of their incompetence I would rather struggle on as I am having been thrown in at the depend trying to live on just my child benefit & an child tax credit. I've even gone back to uni and its October and I haven't received my LEA so I am doing all this and raising a family on just £170 a week:eek: and will just persevere and wait for a response to my complaints.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

Not sure if i can help but can sympathise with your situation, i too am in the middle of an alledged fraud case.

My then boyfriend now my partner was living at his sons, 40 miles away from me,he found a job over here driving so that he could see me when he was over this way & we could meet up during the day. He didn't have a bank account & had to have one to have his wages paid into so i offered him the use of mine. He did stay on the odd night,to give his son a rest, they were expecting their 1st baby in september. He didn't move in with me til later in the year when his grandchild was born & there was no room.His ex wife would stop him seeing the children weekends if he had a girlfriend, stupid i know but as we are now also in the middle of a child abuse case,understandable why we put up with it. She seemed to think that if he was courteous on his access visits that it meant she was in with a chance of getting him back,even after 8 years of being divorced! She had an on off relationship with a boyfriend & when he beat her or the children she would appeal to my partner. He kept her sweet by listening to her as she would stop him seeing his children if he didn't answer her late night calls. He moved in with me after she stopped him seeing the children yet again for another trumped up reason & the birth of his sons baby. The only reason i can see for this allegation is that he used my bank account, we now have one of my partners sons living with us as the boyfriend now her husband beat him senseless & put him in hospital & she continues to claim for the child meaning i cannot get child benefit!Anyway,it seems as though there is no way that they are going to believe this even though there are records with social services going back years to support my partners ex's attitude.

Sorry for the moan. It just gets me how some people always seem to come up smelling of roses whatever they do.