Argos Card Services, invalid CCA

lihi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Do they ALL claim to be financial salvage recovery experts, the best in the business who can recover unenforceable and statute barred debts? Yawn!!

Looks just like another bunch of numpty DC`s to me with a snazzy reception area :cool:

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Drop/NP

Sorry its been so peaceful I've completely lost myself with CAG. I'm doing well, debt recovery has speeded up with Argos but not enough for me to worry and FOS are still reviewing my complaint with Halifax so won't expect anything to come out of them for the next month. My goal for this month is to submit my bank charges case to the court.

Exedito lasted all of 5 minutes, they sent one letter I responded with my usual take 25% or take me to court, I picked up 1 voicemail which they must have made on receipt asking if I would call them (no chance) and then a week later I got a letter from a new recovery agent 'Incasso' saying I've got 7 days to pay and they may commence legal proceedings. They got my usual response, take 25% or take me to court. I am bothered as they have my home telephone number and I don't like it ringing because I can't control the volume, if the calls do start I'll have to order choose to refuse to block them. Its funny how no one not Argos, Expedite and probably Incasso won't to enter into a detailed dialogue with me. Oh well their loss!!

:)

I love CAG!

Lucky you didn't get Moorcroft. They get a fair few Argos accounts. They've been pestering me for over 6 months now.

CCA'd Argos. nothing

CCA'd Moorcroft twice still nothing

I still get the usual moorcroft threat-o-grams on a weekly basis.

Today I get one from Midas Legal Services. Moorcroft's in house trained monkey in a solicitors costume.

Oh well, I keep telling them why the account is in dispute and given them lots of chances to do something about it.

In 8 weeks, off goes the complaint to the OFT and hopefully now we have the Unfair Trading Directive 2008 in place. They will actually nail Moorcroft with it good and proper.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Moorcroft will be along soon, I think Incasso have returned my account back to Expedite as they've sent no more letters and Expedite left 3 voicemails last week and one yesterday so I ordered BT's choose to refuse and have blocked them.

I noticed in NP's thread he's been offered an 80% reduction in the final balance, I'd be happy with that, I'm offering to pay 25%. I may revoke my offer and see what I get!

Keep me posted FB

I love CAG!

Evening all,

Talking about me eh? :p

As the name of a GAGGER goes, Paying Only Encourages Them!

Why would you be happy with an offer like mine? The offer was a saving of 20%, taking the balance to 80%. With a dodgy agreement we`d be better off with a zero balance.

I`m still getting some friction of BJ DR, they rang again twice this morning. I sent them a letter a couple of days ago, but it hasn`t been signed yet.

So, I will see.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Yep talking about ya, been watching your thread like a hawk but not reading it very well, my eyes and brain are not working together, I read it that they'd given you an 80% 'discount' I thought that was too good to be true.

I've ordered choose to refuse with BT, they'll soon get the hint and either write or sell it on with someone else. I give it a week.

I love CAG!

Hellooooo,

We had BT `Choose To Refuse`, until I changed the service to Tiscali Talk / Broadband.

The thing I found about BT`s service was that it only allows to to store something like 10 numbers, if you want to add any more you need to delete some. It does work well, but all they need to do is hassle you from a different number each time they ring.

This BJ :p lot, or JB, whatever they`re called are quite annoying, they rang twice yesterday, but my latest letter to these cranks was signed for this morning.

N.P

Hi all,

Do they ALL claim to be financial salvage recovery experts, the best in the business who can recover unenforceable and statute barred debts? Yawn!!

Looks just like another bunch of numpty DC`s to me with a snazzy reception area :cool:

N.P

I wonder if we could get them on the trade descriptions act with that one? It would take a very good DCA to get a penny out of me. Or one that has actually got an enforceable CCA wrapped aroud a lump of rocking horse poo. Even then I'd still put up a huge fight. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Hi Im about to send an SAR on behalf of a friend to Argos but he can only find the moorcroft debt letters he kepps getting sent - do you have an address for Argos that I can send it to please?

Thanks

FBD :D

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!

I sent mine to this address

Argos Card Services

Royal Avenue

Widness

WA88 1AL

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that FB, for some reason my thread alerts aren't working so didn't check my thread.

Update - Expedito called from another number leaving a message for me to call them urgently so I've blocked that number and responded with another letter taken from the site about the invalid CCA. I've not received anything written from these guys for sometime now its all phonecalls when they can get through. Hopefully they'll respond.

I love CAG!

Hi

If you have your sar and have about £800 in charges why not start and claim them. By the time you add the contractual interest this will probably wipe the debt and you could try and get it removed as part of the claim as the majority of the debt is made up of charges.

I have just claimed mine and got judgement against them so just waiting on them paying out.

Hi Midge

Thanks for the message, the 800 is made up of charges and interest. Can you breakdown what you did with Argos, I don't understand, did you go through a similar process like the bank charges?

I love CAG!

HI lihi and midge,

Midge I have just had a quick glance at your thread and have noticed your statements sound like mine, with a heading for some entires labeled as `Other`. I know they also put any PPI in under that as well, so if you had a charge in that month, they would add that to the PPI and it would show as one sum, and not two.

Lihi, if the account balance is in your favour, IE if you owe them more than they owe you then don`t bother chasing the charges, especially if they have a dodgy agreement.

Regards

N.P

Hi

My account does not include ppi and I have not defaulted at all on the account.

I find my Argos account quite useful at Xmas so although I too have a dodgey agreement I am quite happy to just get back the charges;)

I have judgement by default so it is just a case of getting the money out of them.

Thanks though.

Guest Old_andrew2018

who administers the argos card now, I had one many years ago, I may try for one again in time for Xmas

Hi. I am loking for some assistance ref credit card cloning. I am a victim refused protection/refund from a BS. can anyone point me in the right direction for advice on appealing a decision.

Hi. I am loking for some assistance ref credit card cloning. I am a victim refused protection/refund from a BS. can anyone point me in the right direction for advice on appealing a decision.

Hi willyb

I've tried looking for an obvious place to start your thread, you can either start it under the company name for whom you suffered under or start it under general debt, though I appreciate it is not your debt that forum gets a lot of attention and it will be picked up quickly.

Good luck

I love CAG!

After finally getting rid of Moorcroft and my Argos account. Just over a week later I get Frederickson International picking up the account. Their first letter arrived on Saturday, saying, "..Dispite previous repeated requests for payment...." Erm and when did they do that? Plus lots of threats about court/legal action etc. Hee hee, not with out a CCA they won't.

I'm going to ignore them, as I found out they pass it onto Bryan Carter. This guy I've always fancied nailing to a tree, so I can wait. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

After finally getting rid of Moorcroft and my Argos account. Just over a week later I get Frederickson International picking up the account. Their first letter arrived on Saturday, saying, "..Dispite previous repeated requests for payment...." Erm and when did they do that? Plus lots of threats about court/legal action etc. Hee hee, not with out a CCA they won't.

I'm going to ignore them, as I found out they pass it onto Bryan Carter. This guy I've always fancied nailing to a tree, so I can wait. :D

Yeah, that happened to me on the Argos account. Fredrikson were more annoying than Morecrap, but when they didn`t get any sense out of me they sent it to Bryan Carter. This nobody was quite easily moved on.

A few weeks later I started being hassled from JBDR, who I like to call BJ :p

This didn`t seem to give in at all, ignoring everything I sent them and ringing me, like the idiots they are. They`ve gone quiet for the last couple of weeks for some reason, but I`m expecting them to start again with something soon.

Regards

N.P

I want Bryan Carter to try taking me to court. :D

Not had dealings with JBDR, but no doubt I will before too long.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Expedito don't like writing letters to me, I write to them but they never reply :Cry:.

They did try to phone leaving messages to return their call urgently so I ordered choose to refuse and blocked them and sent them a lovely letter asking them to enter into a written dialogue about the account, no reply. I've not had anything in writing from them since the end of June. The default has now been added to my files, I will go for getting it removed but I'm saving my energy for FOS once they've reviewed my Halifax case.

I love CAG!