Door Step Challenge!!

Guest Orwell72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Orwell72

Having moved recently and last place of residence I was a lodger and I still have dealings with my ex landlady.

She has now has 2 knocks on the door for me.

The first time the man was not precise what he wanted (just that it was a “Banking Matter”) or WHO he represented. My ex landlady just told him I was not available at that time.

A couple of weeks have past and I have looked around this fine site and seen other examples of door step callers and the rights and actions of people allowed to knock at your door and for what purpose.

To this end I armed my ex landlady with this info if he called again.

So this evening yep He called again.

Still not stating who he works for or leaving any contact information.

What he did do was declare to my ex landlady (she is a lady so can’t be Orwell who is a man) that it was a debt to ********

This bothers me for 2 reasons

1 they are disturbing a lovely lady for no reason.

2 They have left me no way of fining out what **** are dealing with this so I can at least CCA them and ask them to contact in writing.

I have not a clue about the debt they are going on about if it is form any period it will be something my ex wife has done and we have been divorced over 6 years which would mean any debt would be statute barred.

Anyone else had anything similar.

Did he not leave any type of contact info ?.... not that you want to call him or anything, but it would help us to know which brand of muppets we're dealing with.

You say he mentioned it was a debt to *******. Who are ******* ?... and do you recognise having such a debt ?

Guest Orwell72

No I not sure what the debt is.

No not a bean anywone would think he was ashamed to declare who he worked for!!:o

Still not stating who he works for or leaving any contact information.

What he did do was declare to my ex landlady (she is a lady so can’t be Orwell who is a man) that it was a debt to ********

What did he say here then ?

This doesn't sound like your average debt collector.... I have to say. :cool: Do you have any outstanding parking fines that you know of ?...

Guest Orwell72

All he said was it was a debt to Marks and Spencer but I have not had an account with them but I believe my EX wife had one but that would have been years ago(maybe 8) and not in my name(to my knowledge)

All he said was it was a debt to Marks and Spencer but I have not had an account with them but I believe my EX wife had one but that would have been years ago(maybe 8) and not in my name(to my knowledge)

Marks & Spencer ?.... :cool: ..... any chance you could have had an account in joint names ? How many years ago would you have had this account, if indeed it was yours ?

Guest Orwell72

Ex did some funny things so not sure who's name it would be in but I have been divorced over 6 years. The dilemma here is how to find this info out CCA would be good if they could even provide it then it a case of one of these pond life running around sharing claimed info about me with other as bb said breach of DPA.

I have had a few addresses in the last 8 years so I wonder how many other people these low lifes have have taken this tale to. I just want them to write to know who to deal with.

Ex did some funny things so not sure who's name it would be in but I have been divorced over 6 years. The dilemma here is how to find this info out CCA would be good if they could even provide it then it a case of one of these pond life running around sharing claimed info about me with other as bb said breach of Data Protection Act.

I have had a few addresses in the last 8 years so I wonder how many other people these low lifes have have taken this tale to. I just want them to write to know who to deal with.

Yes... ex's are strange creatures at times... :cool:

If the account's that old, then it should be stat-barred anyway. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much until "Johnny" leaves a calling card of some kind. We can then give him the CAG treatment.

;)