style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was fine £800 for a driving offence in Sept 07. I contracted the Essex Magistrate Court on 18.02.08 and Stacy agreed a monthly installment of £50.00 a month.she also agreed to sent me a standing order form for the monthly payment to be deducted from my bank account. I waited until this morning no standing order form. This morning I received a letter from Drake Bailiff demanding over £1100.00. I called back Essex Magistrate Court and I spoke to Tina who was very unprofessional and rather too arrogant.

I explained to Tina that I was unable to make full payment and was sticking to £50 a month, Tina informed me Stacy could not have agreed to this £50 a month, Stacy should only have accepted £250 a month. I was told at this stage I have two options 1. Pay the full amount or 2. face the bailiff.

As I never faced bailiff or dealt with court matter I was shaken by this attitudes. I asked to speak to the Court Manager and was told he was not available, when I asked to speak tk the manager's manager I was refused his details.

Finally I had no option I was forced to agree £200 a month and I would like to know which form or how can I ask my local Court to agree a payment of £50 a instead of £200.00.

I honestly cannot pay this £200 a month given the essential lving cost and my low income.

Please kindly advice me.

Thank you,

Reading between the lines it would appear that the court transferred this debt to Drakes shortly after 18th February 2008. The contract with HM Courts and Drakes provides for them to charge a £50 Administration fee followed by a £100 Attendance Fee.

I am therefore at a loss to undersatnd how the debt has increased by £300 in just a few weeks !!!

I would suggest that you write to Drakes to request a full breakdown of the fees and charges applied to your account.

Timewarp

Our office deals with queries from the public all day on these fines and we speak with the courts often. I can assure you that the courts will very rarely do anything as the warrant has ben passed to the bailiff and for the court to become involved again the bailiff needs to return the warrant as uncollectable....and this is very rare indeed as the bailiff will not earn any money if he returns the case.

Reading between the lines it would appear that the court transferred this debt to Drakes shortly after 18th February 2008. The contract with HM Courts and Drakes provides for them to charge a £50 Administration fee followed by a £100 Attendance Fee.

I am therefore at a loss to undersatnd how the debt has increased by £300 in just a few weeks !!!

I would suggest that you write to Drakes to request a full breakdown of the fees and charges applied to your account.

Fee changed from 1 January 2008.

Its now 20% on anything over £400 and then an ATR of £175.

Her Majesty's Courts Service (HMCS) - Magistrates' Courts

Distress Warrants - Schedule of Fees and Charges

(with effect from 01 January 2008) Potential fees : Fine amount

less than £400Fine amount

£400 or greater 1. Administration fee £50.0020% of fine2. Attendance fee £175.00£175.00Total fees (1-2)

cannot exceed£225.00 n/aAdditional costs due

if incurred: Credit card handling fee 3%3%Debit card handling fee £1.00£1.00HPI Vehicle check £30.00 £30.00 Tracing fee£40.00 £40.00 Vehicle removal

(including large van) £125.00 £125.00 Heavy goods vehicle

removal£185.00 £185.00