O2 - Getting out of Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any ideas on the following?

I tried to change from a customer to a business account with O2 and they said they cant transfer my account, i would have to pay off the rest of my contract to then get a new one, is there anything else I can do???

Thanks for your help. :)

Barclaycard-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Burtons-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Citifinancial-Default removed-A/c Closed

Halifax-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Capital One-Finally, Default removed-A/c Closed!!!

:roll:

No - the contracts are completely different, so there couldn't be a 'transfer' in that sense. The solution would be to tell O2 that you are ceasing the contract, but your firm is tasking it over the liability. They'll then try to enforce a new minimum term, but don;t let them try this on, as you don;t require any upgrade.

Thanks Buzby,

But without sounding stupid, what does tasking it over the liability? And would this still work if I needed to phones on one business contract?

For consumer accounts you cannot do a transfer of ownership. The OP would have to terminate their consumer contract and then take an new business contract, one reason for this is that business accounts are held on a totally different billing system to consumer.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

To be fair though. it has nothing to do with the billing system (how a network chooses to operate its back-office systems is irrelevant in this context). The real issue is a business cannot operate handsets under a consumer contract, as much of the 'consumer protection' elements are removed.

• Haha 1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any ideas on the following?

I tried to change from a customer to a business account with O2 and they said they cant transfer my account, i would have to pay off the rest of my contract to then get a new one, is there anything else I can do???

Thanks for your help. :)

Why don't you keep your existing contract for now. You could claim back your contract costs and charges as expenses from your business. You can keep your consumer protection but have your business pay for it and as a bonus your business would be able to claim the VAT back (if you're VAT registered).

At the end of your contract you could then change over to a business contract if you still wanted to.

• Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be fair though. it has nothing to do with the billing system (how a network chooses to operate its back-office systems is irrelevant in this context). The real issue is a business cannot operate handsets under a consumer contract, as much of the 'consumer protection' elements are removed.

Not strictly true,

Business accounts are held on a totally different system which is incompatible with the consumer billing system. Even retention staff do not have the ability to change a consumer account to a business account either in name or in tariff.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

This is not true I changed my personal contract for a business one when I became self employed with O2 and had no problems at all.

I eventually got shut of O2 because the network where I am was a waste of time, constant disconnects etc etc

Im now with T-Mobile and dont need a business tariff with them as their consumer tariff offered better value than with O2, plue I can actually talk to people now lol

• Haha 1

It is true, over the past few months all consumer accounts have been moved of the business billing system.

Prior to this there was no problem in transferring consumer to business.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all your help everyone, I'll be tipping your scales, but it looks like i'll just have to wait out my O2 contract as they are not willing to do anything about my situation, not willing to even add a phone to mty existing consumer contract (even with 18 months left on it) and i'm not willing to fork out the 540 squid they want to cancel it!

Will look at claiming it through the business tho :grin: