Jump to content

Any advice would be more than welcome.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I’m just looking for some advice with my situation.

Between me and my wife we have 4 credit cards with a total of £19.500 on them.

I fell out of work 6 months ago and fell behind with payments for everything credit cards included.

The only debt that got to the collection agency stage was my council tax. (EQUITA)

I managed to find work but was now unable to pay the overdue payments so I decided to contact my local citizens advice bureau and they prepared a financial statement and sent it off to all involved(they all agreed to the payments, only one agreed to freezing the interest).

My problem now is that my mortgage fixed rate term has now run out and my payments have gone from £600 to £850 a month.

I contacted the CAB and told the woman dealing with my case of my new circumstances and that I could no longer pay the agreed amounts due to the change in my mortgage rate.

Her response was that I should have told her this at the time of preparing the statement, to be honest being out of work and having people constantly chase me for money I fell into depression, and remembering when my mortgage fixed term ran out was the least of my worries.

She is now reluctant to now contact the card companies as they had only just agreed to the payment plan and was certain they would say no any new reduced offer.

My problem now is that I can’t pay both my new mortgage fee and keep up the agreed payments with my credit cards, council tax.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Big valley,

Sorry to hear that the CAB lady has reacted that way to you, generally the cab are very good. The only thing i can think of is try the CONSUMER CREDIT COUNSELLING SERVICE. they helped me out a lot you can find the number on the net or yellow pages.

good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome to the forum


the first thing I would do is request copies of your CCA's from all your "alleged" creditors.If they can't produce these,there is no enforceable debt....


if you read in the cebt collection industry section you'll get the general picture of what's involved...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I have requested copies of cca’s from my creditors.

Question: what happens next?

1: If they have legal copies all well and good I guess I keep paying..

2: If they don’t, ok I stop paying but what happens to the debt and what is my next move?

Do I need to send another letter telling them I’m not paying?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

About CCCS - Using Credit Wisely will get you to them.


Wait and see what the CCAs give you. I bet you have also been missold a Payment Protection Insurance by the odd company. There is a whole section of PPI on this forum which might give you food for thought. Don't let the cab get you down, CCCS have helped me get a bit sorted and this site is just the icing on the cake - with interest.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales


West brom SETTLED


Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent


Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice


Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date


Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full



National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted



HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...