• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Checkoutdolly V's Cap1 **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Standard letter most of us have had Checkoutdolly. Send a letter worded as Steven has said. You will probably have to file an N1 with the court before the rest is paid.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

Ok will do. I am at work so will copy something across when i get in, if not tonight tomorrow.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Checkoutdolly

Have a look at these POC's you could amend. This is a basic framework to give you a headstart. Don't forget to add in any interest claim on the payments made etc.

Claim No:

IN THE XXXXXXXXXXXXXCOUNTY COURT

BETWEEN: -

NAME -and-

COMPANY

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant opened a Consumer Credit Agreements with [bank/Finance Company] on {Date]. The account/reference number is [number], which was a [fixed sum/rolling credit/whatever] agreement with a total [value/limit] of £xxxxxxxx. This is referred to as the “Agreement”.

2. The Agreement included Payment Protection Insurance (“PPI”) which was taken out at the same time.

3. The Claimant contends that the PPI relating to the Agreement, was only purchased as a result of pressure and misleading and/or incorrect advice given by the Defendant.

4. The Office of Fair Trading states that “PPI protects borrowers' ability to maintain repayments and should help them avoid getting into debt should they be unable to keep up their repayments due to accident, sickness or unemployment.” The Claimant contends that the PPI sold in relation to the Agreement was never capable of meeting those requirements, and that the policy was mis- sold.

5. The Claimant contends that the PPI relating to the Agreement was not suitable for purpose because…….. GIVE REASON

6. The Claimant believes that a reasonable level of care and skill was not offered to the Claimant by the Manager during the sales process, and that therefore [the company] failed to meet its obligations under the terms of section 13 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

7. The Claimant contends that the PPI was sold with a view to meeting sales targets and providing bonuses and commission for Managers and staff, rather than to help the Claimant attain a better financial position.

8. The Claimant believes that these conflicts of interest put the Managers and Staff in a position where future career path and financial gain were a prime motivator, and because of this the Defendant did not maintain the duty of honesty and care that is a requirement in law, and under the Banking Code, OFT Guidelines and the FSA Handbook.

9. The Claimant contends that there should have been a system of supervision and checking in place. The Claimant contends that the very fact that such a system was not in place, or that the system failed to identify the errors, omissions and misrepresentations highlighted elsewhere in these Particulars, should be considered as evidence of a policy of “turning a blind eye” by senior company management whose careers and remuneration are also reliant on bonuses, incentive schemes and sales targets.

10. The Claimant asks that the court consider that an “unfair relationship” exists under the terms of section 140A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Should the court decide that section 140A does not apply, the Claimant contends that the actions of the Defendant grossly contravene ordinary principles of fair dealing as outlined in section 138 of the act, and therefore the Agreement should be ruled as an “extortionate credit bargain”.

11. In considering this, and all matters in this claim, the Claimant asks the court to take into account the following Principles of Business which are legally binding on [the company], under the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000, and are contained in the FSA Handbook:

Principle 1Integrity - A firm must conduct its business with integrity.

Principle 2 Skill, care and diligence - A firm must conduct its business with due skill, care and diligence.

Principle 3 Management and control - A firm must take reasonable care to organise and control its affairs responsibly and effectively, with adequate risk management systems.

Principle 5 Market conduct - A firm must observe proper standards of market conduct.

Principle 6 Customers' interests - A firm must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly.

Principle 7 Communications with clients - A firm must pay due regard to the information needs of its clients, and communicate information to them in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading.

Principle 8 Conflicts of interest - A firm must manage conflicts of interest fairly, both between itself and its customers and between a customer and another client.

Principle 9 Customers: relationships of trust - A firm must take reasonable care to ensure the suitability of its advice and discretionary decisions for any customer who is entitled to rely upon its judgment.

12. The Claimant contends that the Defendant has been given ample opportunity to seek a resolution to the matters raised in this claim, and their outright refusal to even enter into discussions is a clear breach of the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000.

13. The Claimant will also cite the voluntary codes to which [the company], has agreed to be bound, and which support the view that a fiduciary responsibility can be assumed in a Defendant /Claimant relationship, and that any breach of that assumed level of trust should be regarded as an extremely serious matter.

14. The Claimant will contend that the promotional material produced by [the company], and the Defendant, give great prominence and emphasis to their integrity and commitment to customer service. Again, the Claimant would contend that where this expensively portrayed image of professional integrity proves to be otherwise, the perpetrator should be held to account.

15. The Claimant seeks damages and other sums, as listed below, against the Defendant under Common Law, and/or section 2 of the Misrepresentation Act 1967, and/or section 140B of the Consumer Credit Act 1974:

List all amounts claimed and don’t forget section 69 interest.

16. Should the contention of the Claimant that an “unfair relationship” exists under the terms of section 140A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Claimant also asks that the court consider using its powers under section 140B(1)© of the Act to ……. whatever you want to achieve

17. Should the contention of the Claimant that an “extortionate credit bargain” exists under the terms of section 138 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Claimant also asks that the court consider using its powers under section 139 of the Act to ……. whatever you want to achieve

The Claimant believes that the facts stated in these Particulars of Claim are true.

Signed:

Date:

WARNING TO ALL

• 2 weeks later...

well got a reply back from cap one after i sent letter saying i would accept payment as a token refund. but as for the PPI no way they have changed their tune now saying that them saying it was sold to me during in a telephone conversation on the 19th of December 2002 was an administration error it was sold it was actually sold to me over the phone on 1st july 2004 think they trying to worm out of it here

That does sound a bit dodgy to me. Have they paid back all of the charges yet?

WARNING TO ALL

no havent paid all the charges back yet just the difference between the 20.00 charges and OFT guidelines plus 10.00 interest which seems pretty standard in most cases but never ticked for ppi on application form have got a copy and they keep changing their tune as when it was sold reckon i will just file have to file in court for it or do you thinkl i would be better refering that bit to fos

Yes you can go that route. I would get their complaint letter ready on the FOS website. If you have shown quite clearly that the application tick has'nt been done, then Capital One have to pay it all back. They have no record otherwise.

WARNING TO ALL

• 2 months later...

been a while since i got on with this as things in lige took precedence surprisingley

but filed this in court last Friday just a waiting game now

the surprisingley cap 1 sent me a letter saying they needed a an income and expenditure form off me plus bank statements and wage slips have filed in the form but drafted a letter refusing bank statments and wage slips still waiting for a result from finaciaql ombudsmen over ppi if all charges plus ppi were refunded card would be paid off and theyd owe me sigh but none of them want to do that

• 2 weeks later...

They should do, it's been this way for some time..

WARNING TO ALL

You wouldn't believe the workload and pressure i'm under at the moment. I still try and find time to come here and help out. So much going on, and not enough hours in the day.

WARNING TO ALL

Well got a letter off cap one yesterday to say that i they werent prepared to pay all my interest as due to their calculations they owed me thirty pounds less than i had requested or demanded but thought well im not quibbleing about that but as for the rest it has been refunded to my card and more or less a few short but paid it off yippee one down start on hubbys next but a big thanks to everyone here steven and my buddy aviator for all there help and patience with some of my stupid questions

Great news Checkoutdolly. I am pleased you have sorted it all out.

Are you going to close the account now?

The reason i ask it they seem to push up your interest about 3 months later stating it's market conditions.

WARNING TO ALL

So was this the PPI and charges checkoutdolly?. Well done anyway. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D