You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• No you acknowledge the claim, then you submit a short holding defence by day 33, usually 3 lines is sufficient, by not doing that Simple got  his payday, with little or no option but to pay it within 28 days of Judgment or have trashed credit for 6 years if its Registered.
    • SCHEDULE 1 Section 4(3). INSURERS’ REMEDIES FOR QUALIFYING MISREPRESENTATIONS PART 1 CONTRACTS General 1 This Part of this Schedule applies in relation to qualifying misrepresentations made in connection with consumer insurance contracts (for variations to them, see Part 2). Deliberate or reckless misrepresentations 2 If a qualifying misrepresentation was deliberate or reckless, the insurer— (a) may avoid the contract and refuse all claims, and (b) need not return any of the premiums paid, except to the extent (if any) that it would be unfair to the consumer to retain them. Careless misrepresentations—claims 3 If the qualifying misrepresentation was careless, paragraphs 4 to 8 apply in relation to any claim. 4 The insurer’s remedies are based on what it would have done if the consumer had complied with the duty set out in section 2(2), and paragraphs 5 to 8 are to be read accordingly. 5 If the insurer would not have entered into the consumer insurance contract on any terms, the insurer may avoid the contract and refuse all claims, but must return the premiums paid. 6 If the insurer would have entered into the consumer insurance contract, but on different terms (excluding terms relating to the premium), the contract is to be treated as if it had been entered into on those different terms if the insurer so requires. 7 In addition, if the insurer would have entered into the consumer insurance contract (whether the terms relating to matters other than the premium would have been the same or different), but would have charged a higher premium, the insurer may reduce proportionately the amount to be paid on a claim. 8 “Reduce proportionately” means that the insurer need pay on the claim only X% of what it would otherwise have been under an obligation to pay under the terms of the contract (or, if applicable, under the different terms provided for by virtue of paragraph 6), where X = Premium Actually Charged/Higher Premium x 100  
    • Thank you. I wasn't aware of this rule at all so that is very useful. It seems very clear and frankly I suppose that you are lucky that they didn't pull the rug out from under you completely. Also it seems very lucky that you got clear of the CMC where you would have lost 25% – as I've already indicated, some CMC's have small print which basically says that once they begin a claim – if you abandon it but later run recover a payment, they will still be entitled to their cut. It seems to me that you don't have much choice other than to accept the offer from the insurer which I calculate is £16,770 – and then proceed to pursue the third party for the uninsured portion. If you had fully comprehensive insurance then I'm not too sure why your insurer didn't claim off the third party insurer anyway. However, if my calculation is right then that is what you are being offered then rather than get into a dispute with the insurer, you should accept their offer for a quick settlement and then we can help you turn towards a third party. I asked you questions about personal injury which you referred to originally – but you haven't responded
    • Yes, but the evidence available so far is mounting and approaching compelling:     Most persons infected with SARS-CoV-2 display an antibody response between day 10 and day 21 after infection. Detection in mild cases can take longer time (four weeks or more) and in a small number of cases antibodies (i.e., IgM, IgG) are not detected at all (at least during the studies’ time scale). Based on the currently available data, the IgM and IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 develop between 6–15 days post disease onset [239-244]. The median seroconversion time for total antibodies, IgM and then IgG were day-11, day-12 and day-14 post symptom onset, respectively. The presence of antibodies was detected in <40% among patients within 1 week from onset, and rapidly increased to 100% (total antibodies), 94.3% (IgM) and 79.8% (IgG) from day-15 after onset [245].       The longevity of the antibody response is still unknown, but it is known that antibodies to other coronaviruses wane over time (range: 12 – 52 weeks from the onset of symptoms) and homologous re-infections have been shown [246].   SARS-CoV-2 IgM and IgG antibody levels may remain over the course of seven weeks [247] or at least in 80% of the cases until day 49 [69]. In comparison, 90% and 50% of SARS-CoV-1 infected patients have been shown to maintain IgG antibodies for two and three years respectively [248].   In addition, it could be important to detect nasal IgA antibodies, as the serum IgA antibodies were not raised, but IgA persisted in the nasal mucosa one year post-infection for seasonal coronavirus 229E [249].   https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/latest-evidence/immune-responses     see also: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-0389-z     - Theres lots more. these are two of the more readable.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4489 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am trying to help some friends who have been issued with an eviction Court summons for non payment of rent. This is not due to be heard at Court until April.

I will try to describe the circumstances leading up to this situation. In December the flushing handle (which was made of plastic) of the toilet broke, normally it is a very small job which most people can repair, but not in this case as the cistern had been covered and tiled over with no access to the cistern.

To cut a long story short it was a job for the Landlord to sort out. After many phone calls emails and texts the Landlord responded to the request to sort out the problem,a month later (without a toilet!)

I must point out that this was only after rent was witheld, and this witholding of rent was the only factor in bringing the Landlord to life.

There is another major fault with the flat which had already been pointed out previously to the Landlord and that was the front door does not lock properly ie it will open with a push and not lock making it impossible to go out not worring about burglars.

A repair was scheduled and it was agreed verbally that no further rent would be paid until this fault was rectified.

Even now at his late stage this repair has not yet been delt with.

Does this give grounds for wrongful eviction, the lease is not due to expire until August. What if anything can I do?

There is another point, my friend agreed to be a guarantor for the rent but he only signed on a piece of paper with no other signatures as a witness, is this valid?

Also it is worded an I quote-TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN I AGREE TO BE A GARUNTEUR FOR ETC. - is this valid?

A letter from the Landlord was received on the 2 March 2008 giving ham 7 days notice to pay the rent arrears but a Court Summons was issued in the Court on the 4th March only 2 days later.

Again is this legally binding?

Any advise is welcome

If You are on benefits you must read this

Social Security Administration Act 1992

Miscellaneous

Certain benefit to be inalienable **

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

There is a sticky thread by Joa called:

Disrepairs in privately rented accommodation

I think the relevant paragraph is:

If negotiation fails, you could take one or more of the following courses of action:-

• use the rent to pay for repairs. Remember that this is a risky course of action, unless the correct procedure is carefully followed. You must not simply withhold rent

• take court action yourself

• get the local authority to take action

• if you are the tenant of a local authority or of a registered social landlord, claim compensation under the 'right to repair' scheme

• contact an ombudsman

• if the problem relates to electricity, gas or fire safety, contact the appropriate body

• consider eligibility for a housing grant, loan or other type of assistance for repairs or improvements.