Sandbag V Barclays Again!

sandbag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I have won 2 claims against Barclays and from around September last year i received around £150 in further penalty charges. I am aware of the OFT test case - despite this should i once again begin the process of reclaiming these charges? I am one set of statements missing should i send the SAR for that one set of statements?

Also is there a template letter for requesting the Additions Account Fees back ( something i don't recall ever asking for and don't use) and do i have to go through all my statements to calculate how much in Additions fees they have taken or can i estimate this?

Sorry for all the questions, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Sandbag.

Hey Sandi,

Ding ding - Round Three

By all means, start again with an SAR for the missing state'ts. After Prelim and LBA ltrs, File at court. Only then will your claim be Stayed pending resolution of the Test case.

Re Additions, you should write to Cust'r Services to complain that you never opted for this and want the all fees refunded unless they have proof that you opted Add'ns. Generally, peeps seem to get 1 or 2 years fees back but you can negotiate as you see fit.

The Add'ns fees seem fixed from year to year so, if you know when they started, you will know how much to reclaim in total.

Go get 'em !;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

HI Slick and thanks for your reply. Silly me i have found the missing statements after checking my online account ( which i thought i was locked out of!) - no charges for that month. So i will be going for the £150 and the Additions fees.

I will write a letter to Customer services.

Thanks again Slick.

Regards Sandbag.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - recieved a reply from Barclays Customer Services. They tell me that they are taking my complaint re charges seriously but are awaiting the out come of the test case. I take it i send the LBA when the 14 days are up?

Nothing heard about my complaint about additions fees yet.

Cheers Sandbag.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone - i have just checked my bank account and noticed that i have been given £138.00 additions fees refund. I have not received any reply to my complaint letter from Barclays. How strange!

Regards Sandbag.

Hi Sandy and pleased to here your news.

Is this a full refund of all Add'ns Fees you've paid.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick - no its not a full refund. I've calculated that it's about 6 months worth. I have probably been paying these fees for around 10 years. I suppose its my fault as i could have stopped the payments when i first noticed them!

Cheers Sandbag.

Main thing is you have noticed now. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Sandy,

If it's only for 6 months, I'd go back to them pointing out the have failed to reply properly to your letter of complaint.

Tell them you realise you are responsible to some extent for not noticing this and d/w it sooner. However, you would be prepared to accept a refund of 3 years fees in total.

Ask them to send you anything they have to show that you agreed to the Add'ns a/c, otherwise you'll push for a full refund for 6 years as allowed by the Limitations Act.

Hello everyone - daft question time! I sent my LBA over 2 weeks ago but due to other worries in my life i have not yet got round to claiming at the county court. I am aware that mcol is not recommended now so i would be completing an N1 form. However i cannot find the template for my Particulars of Claim - when i look at the 'New POC' link it tells me i am following an invalid link. Is there still a template for a POC?

Also following Slicks advice ( thanks!) i have sent a letter ( recorded) to ask for 3 years of additions fees - lets see how far i get!

Cheers Sandbag.

Hi Sandy,

Yes, N1 is the route to use.

However, the site template letters and POC's are being overhauled as we speak, to reflect changes necessary after the OFT ruling last week.

Keep checking to see when they're back - your claim will have to wait until they are. If you've suffered any more charges before you File at court, update your SOC and include all unrefunded charges + s.69 Interest.