Appeal rejected by UKPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been lurking around this forum since I got a ticket from a Privayr Parking Control earlier this year.

I parked my car at a store in London. I parked the car across two bays. As we have been to this store for the last 4 to 5 years so we didn't really read the PPC signs posted, and it's a free car park anyway!!

I wrote my first appeal letter using a template asking them to provide the following:

1. evidence of who the driver was

2.What are your charges for parking in your car park? If there are no charges then what are the contractual terms that you (your client) apply in relation to this car park.

3.provide me with a copy of any ticket you claim to have issued.

4.advise me how it is alleged I have breached any purported contract.

They replied back saying that there are sufficient signs warning that there is no parking outside of designated marked bays, this includes parking across two bays. My PCN is because of this.

So I fired off a secod appeal letter stating that there is nothing further I can add to my first appeal letter and unless they provide evidence to substantiate their claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter and I restate my denial of this claim. They need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

Then yesterday, i received a second rejection letter from them stating that they have reviewed my case and carefully considered the points raised. Their view is that these particular circumstances are neither unreasonable nor unjust and so they will not be waiving this parking charge in full. Yes, they offer me 50% discount if I pay within 14 days! How nice!! If I don't, then they will 'put the matter in the hands of their Debt Recovery Agents".

They also say that unless I have new evidence to substantiate my case, they will not reply to any futher correspondence and this decision is final.

Do you think they that have sufficient 'evidence' to claim against me?

A little help from you is needed, what should I do now? A final and ceased letter to them?

I would appreciate if someone can tell me their experiences with these private parking companies from here onwards! It all seems a bit daunting.

Edited by catseye

No, they do not have sufficient evidence to claim against you. What you have received is just a second standard letter.

There is no point in writing to them further since they have not responded properly to the 4 points raised in your letter. Furthermore they have said that they will not respond to further correspondence. If you ignore UKPC (which you should) you will probably get letters from Hunter Forrest, UKPCs tame Debt Collectors. Using Bernie's templates, write to them saying the debt is denied and should be referred back to UKPC.

Thank you Barnsley Boy! Well, they have not answered my question 1, i.e. provide evidence as to who was driving at the time. If they cannot proof who the dirver was I have no obligation to tell them. isn't it?

Just put this as un update on another thread, relevant here though.

UKPC PCN Feb last year, usual letters from UKPC and Hunter Forrest, told Hunter Forrest to revert back to UKPC I'm not paying....heard nothing since