DVLA, V5 Question, Quite Interesting!!

miziwizzi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

wondered if any of you could help me out here?

A couple of months back I paid £100 holding fee on a car from a dealer, this was to hold the car for a few weeks giving me time to sell mine as the price they offered was naff and they advised I sell private.

3 weeks back I got answer machine message asking when I was collecting which my husband returned but not able to speak to chap, how they thought I could collect when I did not even know reg to get insurance is beyond me as no details have been given by them.

Any ways, I've not sold mine yet so obvs not paid for the car but yesterday I received the V5 for it!!!!, called DVLA and told them story and they told me garage would of forged my signature!

So what would you do in my situation? I am tempted to turn up to collect it seeing as I own it!

So what would you do in my situation? I am tempted to turn up to collect it seeing as I own it!

C.3.c - The Registered Keeper is not necessarilly the legal owner

Not a good idea but you definatly want to argue the toss, and I would be wary of dealing with someone who forges your signature... possibly inform the police

Hehe,

was kind of joking about picking it up although an interesting thought!

Well looked into it more, did an HPI check to find that finance was taken out on the car 3 days ago, so God only knows whats going on, my guess is some poor bugger has the car, signed the V5 at garage then they put my details on, either way it a huge mess up, and if someones got finance on it they wont be getting the V5 as its in my name, on other hand if they get any speeding fines etc its me getting them!

What a mess, will be interesting to talk to the garage in the morning.

You really need to contact DVLA again mizi and with urgency. Now that the car is registered in your name, any speeding, parking or naughtyness done by the car driver will be passed onto you and DVLA very rarely take no for an answer even if you show them proof.

Hi Connif,

update on this now.

Ok the car has not actually left the garage, the salesman has been rather hasty and transferred the car to me without even having a sales order!!! top man is fuming and salesman will be in big trouble in morning.

The garage finance cars to enable them to have so many on their forecourts and they renew finance monthly, however the date the renewed it this month the car had already been logged as mine so they have a huge problem here, the head man is getting back to me in morning with the lowest price they can do in order for me to pay them for a car they have already put into my name, although if we cant reach a good deal they cant sell it to anyone either!

funny really.